Nexus Holidays

Posted: Jul 12, 2017 by

unethical behavior

I traveled with nexus on a china tour in march/april 2017 with two of my young adult children. Had a great time; however, beware, nexxus changed, canceled, the first china trip I signed up for and paid for. Fortunately, with not too much difficulty in changing dates and having to spend an extra day traveling, I was added to another trip, with canadians. It was a great group. The problem I had was first off I was told I had to purchase the excursion before I left, at a high price. This turned out to be false. Each day we were given the option to purchase excursions while on the tour. Purchasing the excursions was much cheaper in canadian dollars. I complained, wondering why I as an american had to pay more? The exchange rate is better for the american dollar than the canadian dollar. That is, you get more chinese currency, yuan, when you exchange currency. So, it you compare prices, for ease of explanation, if an excursion is 600 yuan that would be approximately $114 canadian. They charged me the same amount in us dollars, $114. Well, 600 yuan in us dollars is about $88. That means for that one excursion I was paying $26 more. When you take excursions almost daily and you multiply that by three travelers, it really adds up. At first when I brought this to their attention I was told they would offer me $100 off my next full priced tour. I complained further and they have done nothing but ignore me. I can no longer trust this company or recommend them. It's too bad.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations
More Nexus Holidays Complaints & Reviews