[Resolved] Newegg.comExtremely late and I feel cheated

I ordered a mouse pad from this company through Newegg.com on 11/28/16 and received it 1/20/17. Newegg's customer service was great, but I bought the item from Onlytek so they were the only ones to talk to about a refund or return. Their customer service was awful!

I bought the item for an Xmas present, but could not find the tracking information as USPS said my tracking number was invalid. When I contacted them around 12/23, I asked for a refund because it seemed the item was lost because it was late and I couldn't track it. Somehow, they were able to make my tracking number work and it said the package was processed through a facility in China on 12/14. They asked me to please wait a little longer because it could have been delayed by the weather. When I bought the item, the estimate said it should have come a week before Xmas, but I was nice and said that I would wait a little longer.

I was patient, and on 1/15 there had been no change in the tracking info and I finally contacted them again requesting a refund. I decided to order a similar item off Amazon and it would take a week or so, but at least I knew it was coming. Two days later, they respond with updated tracking info saying the package was finally State-side and could not be called back. They refused to refund me because the item would deliver. I said ok, but please at least refund these shipping fees as the wait has been beyond ridiculous. No response. I was so upset because they asked me to wait the first time I asked for a refund, when it was still in China according to the tracking information. I just felt like I had been too nice and should have demanded my money back then. They probably would have refused anyway.

Anyway, I get the item and the really cool image that I had bought the mouse pad for had been cut off a lot on the sides! Yes I get you have to fit it to the shape but it would not have been hard to do it better, it was just a careless job. I contacted Newegg about a return and complained about Onlytek's service, and they were very sympathetic and tried their best to fix it, but ultimately the return policy was up to Onlytek, who wanted to charge me a 15% restocking fee and return shipping! OMG I am so angry about it. Anyway, I am just done with this mouse pad and after this complaint I'm just gonna let it go and try to find a home for this thing I don't want (because I already ordered a different one off Amazon to give my sis). I just had to vent and I really hate this freaking company and want them to go bankrupt.

In conclusion, didn't get the item until 2 months after ordering, a month and half after the advertised delivery date. Their customer service were butts about cancelling the item and refunding me, and even worse about returns. They can burn in hell.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Feb 02, 2017

Hi GGibs,

I am so sorry for the negative experience you had with our marektplae seller. I would like to look into this for you to provide you with some help. Please email us at [protected]@newegg.com with the subject title "Attention: Darlene". Please include your order number and a link to this review in your email.

Darlene (Newegg Support)