[Resolved] NewEgg — no replacement for defective item
Horrible customer service! They lie, make promises and reneg. I ordered an item, it was defective and returned it for replacement after receiving an rma authorization and I stated that the original box had been discarded. I was instructed to return it anyway. A few weeks later I am told I need to return the original box, as if they don't even read the emails they are sent. I spoke with a guy who assured me he understood and felt certain they would honor the replacement. Ha ha. Lie number one. Then I am told they were returning the defective item to me! What? Because of a lousy cardboard box? Are you kidding me? Fortunately for me it was charged to their newegg credit card. Think I am going to pay? I don't think so. It will damage my credit but I will not pay for a defective item and support lousy customer service. Buyers beware!
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Newegg International Customer Care's Response · Aug 19, 2009
Dear Rotten Newegg-
On behalf of Newegg please accept our apology for the inconvenience you experienced with your recent attempt to RMA an item to Newegg. Please understand that we would never intentionally do anything to cause you to be dissatisfied with our services.
We would like to discuss this matter you with the intent to resolve the issue to your satisifaction. Please contact Dianne at [protected] ext 25045 or email her at dianne.v.[protected]@newegg.com and she will assist you.
Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.
More NewEgg Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - online scam 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!) 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com! 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - do not buy anything as a gift from newegg 
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money 
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- [Resolved] NewEgg - delivery, a horror story