New Horizons Computer Learning Center / Fraudster and cheater

New Horizons Computer Learning Center
I also experienced scam tactics from this so called school. I should've realized it at the time but I guess I was just naive to sales tactics. I was 'cold' called at work about this wonderful institution. I though maybe they got my name from someone at Miami-Dade College but now I realize they probably were just calling from a phone book and asking for someone in management. I went in, looked over the courses, applied for student loans and when I was approved for the loan I signed up for the courses. I never saw a dime of the money and they must have signed me up in advance for over $18, 000 in courses.

Probably 1/3 of the way through, I realized that this was bogus. The courses ran no more than 5 days per course. The teaching was laughable. We should have been taking these classes in semester loads with hands on training and so forth. Even the A+ class was taught in 5 days. When I realized it, I asked for my money back and was refused. When I contacted Sallie Mae, they didn't care. They paid New Horizons in full, for classes that hadn't even been taken yet and as far as they were concerned it was my problem. What a scam.

N  14th of Apr, 2009 by
you may reach out to the Commission for Independent Education. If you don't have their information, do a google. This is the oversight board for all schools privately owned with the State of Florida. Their is a refund point that must be achieved. Also, I have heard that they sell you Instructor Led Courses and then provide Computer Based Training or Mentored Learning. Look at your contract to see what you signed up for. If it was for Instructor Led and they provided Mentored Learning then you have a case. Good Luck!
N  11th of Nov, 2011 by
well i've attend and not been happy with new horizons. their counselors are all about the sale of the classes; not helping with jobs, or letting you know about what examines. i found out during a class; that the program i was in had several exams i could take. this was never discussed with my counselor, she never offered this information until after i emailed her and told her i heard about it thru the online teacher. talk about just gettig a paycheck thats all their counselors do. i've had one job link sent to me in the last year, and i'm finishing up my second program. that was the worst mistake and worst way to spend grant money.
by the way the program illuminate that brings up the live video also sucks. have the time the teachers voice sounds like she has been sucking on helium, or you lose video of her.

New Horizons  Logo New Horizons