Neotel / Worst Internet service provider

I have internet through Neotel, or so i think, cause it is more off than on. It is pathetic and useless. it keep on disconnecting for no reason, then you have to try and reconnect almost ten times. once you are connected it is slow, dial-up can almost compete with this. i dont know what i'm paying for, cause their connection is just as bad as their service.

my previous complaint on here was answered on here. i did not get feedback or heard anything from them. i actually wonder if they have a ceo or is he also non existent cause they dont want to give his details.

i dont want them to call me cause they cant give you a reference number of their calls, i want an email so that i have record of their so called promises. i was promised an antenna to improve my connection, but because i was over the phone this never happened. they just try and sell their non existing service.

i hope this time i get some feedback or is this what we can expect from service providers in sa? they just want our money and dont care about you the client.

Bo

Comments

• Ba
      4th of Oct, 2010

Glad I dropped them.
    I tried out their 1Gig package in December 09, but the internet speeds were so slow that pages timed-out, and the phone line was terrible. 4 Days later I emailed Neotel to cancel the subscription as I was still within the cooling-off period, and specified clearly that they should arrange with me regarding getting their equipment back. No response. Then a month later i received invoices and statements showing monthly subscription charges etc. for the month BEFORE my contract started (November) as well as December. I then sent them a stern email advising that I have no relationship with them, I don't owe them anything, and demanding from them written confirmation of this. A few days later I received an email stating that the account is cancelled. Sadly, that's not where this story ends.
    A few weeks ago, ie. mid September 2010, I received a statement again from Neotel showing the same balance from the previously received statements. After sending them a threatening email, I then receive a reply implying that the outstanding balance is for their equipment that is still in my possession. Goodness gracious!!!

Anyway, it seems they've stopped hassling me (for now) because I've since replied to them (by email, as well as crapping on some lady in accounts who called me). I've simply put it to them that since they've neglected to make any arrangements to get their device returned, and I've been forced to look after it for 9 months, I'm holding them liable for storage charges at a monthly rate. So, what they owe me so far is more than what they claim I owe them. Also, they can only get their device back once they've settled the storage charges.