NCC Business Services / Threatening phone call

United States, Florida, Jacksonville Review updated:
NCC Business Services
PO Box 24739
Phone: 904-733-3033
My issue identical with complaint. Charges were imposed on me by apartments after I moved out. I was never informed of charges as required by landlord / tenant law. They instead turned it over to NCC for collection. I spoke with them at length on many occasions trying to resolve the issue. On three occasions, at my demand, they sent me documentation meant to substantiate the claims. All the documentation was not only nonconclusive, it was non sequiter. None showed that I owed them anything for any reason. One document even showed that the apartments owed me money back on my deposit. NCC's collectors were unphased by this and still persue me relentlessly. I quit answering their calls after one of their collectors became rude, accusatory and profane. He screamed over my voice calling me foul names and filling my ear with obscenities.

A  9th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My recent experience with these incompetents is as follows, they called my home looking for someone I don't know, they did not leave a message. I always call numbers back that appear on my caller ID. A receptionist answered the phone and said she was transferring me to a manager to have have my phone number removed. I get this young man on the phone and told him they are calling a wrong number. He of course asks for my number which I provided then he asks me if I am someone named Davida. I explained I am not and I have had this phone number for over 20 years and asked that they immediately stop calling. He persists with asking if I am Davida, I explain I just told him I was not and that I do not know who she/he is. He continues with asking the same rhetoric. I ask for a manager, he is on the other end of the phone ( and I can hear this entire exchange ) literally begging for a supervisor to come take over the call. Finally I get a woman on the line who identified herself as Mrs. Drew. I proceed to ask her for the corporate address which they by Federal law must provide to me upon request. She continues to ask me why I want it. Finally she gives me the address after much talking over me and telling me I am being rude! Then I asked for the CEO name and she says google it and hangs up. I called them right back and asked the receptionist who answered the phone for the CEO name she said I don't know I only answer the phones so I asked for a manager. This time I spoke with a Sommer Acevedo who identifed herself as a supervisor. I asked her for the name of the CEO she said there isn't one. I then replied ok how about a president, chairman, someone on the top of the food chain. She provided me with Irv Pollan's name and said his title is president. I explained to her how Mrs. Drew told me to google the company name to find this information befroe hanging up on me and how I found it it difficult to believe that they run an up and up operation when the employees don't even know whom they work for. ( I have had a lot of jobs and have always known who the higher ups were ) I told her I expected that my number will be removed from the call list immediately and that any further calls will be considered harrassmant and be turned over to the appropriate authorites. What a bunch of idiots !!!
A  12th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have been having the same issue with NCC. They call me atleast twice a day, and I have since installed a block app on my phone to block these phones. The people working for this company and very rude, uneducated, pushy and threatening. When I politely informed them that I was on disability and lost my job due to an almost life-taking surgery and said that I cannot afford to pay anything but I will still pay $25 a month with my last money because I want to do the right thing and resolve this debt, the guy I was speaking told me to "just let someone charge the amount I owe on their credit card and just deal with NOT PAYING visa because they dont have time for this". He then persisted on telling me that I will not be able to rent or buy anything for 7 years and will be homeless unless I pay this amount in full as fast as possible. When asking who I should make the check to, I was told that it doesnt matter and to just put the check in the mail and it will get to where it needs to be. I take this matter seriously, my check has my personal information as well as my account number, so it does matter to me who I make it out to. He then told me that I will not get any type of documentation for what I have paid until it is paid in full and that it will take me "foreever" to pay it off because they will keep charging me late fees and interested. This man I spoke with completely unprofessional and this was the most unpleasant conversation I've ever had. When someone makes an attempt to do right and pay their debt they should be treated like a decent human being not like an un-behaving child. I hope that this company re-evaluates their methods and makes some kind of a standard on how to treat people.
N  13th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I agree with the complaint. For some unknown reason, I was turned over to NCC - these people call me at ALL hours of the day/night. I've told them more than once that they are calling while I'm at work, and to please stop calling me. It does no good. The more you ask them NOT to call, the more they DO call. Isn't this harrassment?
N  26th of Oct, 2010 by

NCC Business Services - Harassing Phone calls

This co has called my house looking for my son, 11 time in the last hour and called asking if i knew his girl frends and where to contact him, i was told it my job to give him up or else, i hung up the phone, and they are still calling
A  18th of Nov, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I get three (3) to (5) calls a day (Monday-Saturday) from theses idiots !

I've told these fools at NCC they have the wrong number, but they won't stop calling !

I called a local attorney and he suggested I record myself telling them to never call me again and to NOT answer their calls. He further instructed me to wait until they had called me at least ten (10) times after my telling them to never again call me... Then to call him (my attorney) back and give him a copy of my recorded message to NCC along with a copy of my cell phone bill showing their calls (NCC's) to me and we would then sue NCC !

As of yesterday I recorded my telling NCC they had the wrong number, to remove my number from their records and to never call my number ever again... Guess what ? They called me three (3) times yesterday and three (3) times today so ! At this rate I'll be headed to my lawyer's office on Monday ! Screw NCC !
A  3rd of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I absolutely hate the representative that I worked with. My last apt reported me for $145, for clean up and carpet damages, but they sent the bill to the address that they are trying to collect for. What idiots?! Do you want your money, or not? I had to go thru all the trouble with my new place b/c of this issues.

They are rude and condescending. They treat you like a criminal with so much disrespect. I called them to pay for it, and they were so rude. I told them to run the card on a different date, but ran it that day 3 times. I then called to tell them when to run it, and was asked rudely if I had the funds to cover it. Then it took days for me to get a receipt. I reported them to BBB, and the GM contacted me and sent me a receipt that day. Why did I have to to go through all that just to get a receipt. I probably won't have reported them, if they had treated me better. I was the one calling them wanting to pay them.

They have the worst business practice ever.
A  9th of Jan, 2011 by
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +6 Votes
Irving Pollan is indeed the CEO of NCC Business Services, a rental focused collection agency located on University Blvd. West in Jacksonville, Florida. I had the distinct displeasure of working for them a number of years ago, and am still trying to wash the stench of their business practices from myself.

Their 'collection staff' is comprised primarily of high school dropouts and other societal rejects. They are paid principally by commission, and are given free reign by Mr. Pollan to threaten, harass and intimidate in order to collect alleged balances owed.

Don't be alarmed by their menacing rhetoric and messages. They possess few resources, legal or otherwise, to back up their bluster. I would estimate that 99% of their collections are fueled purely by fear of their hollow threats and vitriolic dialogue.

Don't respond to their threats, or even answer your phone if you don't recognize the caller. Mr. Pollan is very wealthy, and will eventually 'write off' your supposed balance if you call his bluff.

Hope this helps. Best wishes in getting your lives back in order.
D  4th of Feb, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -17 Votes
NCC is an amazing collection company. They not only employ outstanding people, they really care about the communities in which they do business. Considering hundreds of thousands of calls are made by NCC on a daily basis (60, 000, 000 million calls annually), it's not surprising a couple people a year get their feelings hurt. As for the ex-employee that posted here. He's probably the guy that got fired for stealing a ladies lunch from the fridge and is still hurt because he got caught on camera and everyone knows who he is (and that's why he used an alias to put this posting up). Cannot get back at them any other way so he goes on line with lies!
A  18th of Feb, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
NCC is a crap company that employs [censor]s. "Having Fun" is obviously employed by NCC or he wouldn't have taken offense to the ex-employees remarks and accused them of a theft for which they have absolutely nothing to back up the claim that the person posting here and the thief are the same person. Of course, this is exactly something that an employee from NCC would do, just proving the fact that they are all [censor] [censor]s.
A  28th of Feb, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +5 Votes
Thanks, Spicy McPubes for your support. You are dead-on in your assessment of this corporate cesspool. I know EXACTLY who wrote the 'Having Fun' post, and would expect no less of them. Yes, they are an employee of this disgusting organization (a 'manager' no less), which tells you all you need to know. Aside from their post being written on a 3rd grade level (about normal for management at NCC), you are correct in stating that I quite obviously never stole anyones lunch. I guess that this is the best they can do in defense of their illegal enterprise.
PS As for anonymity... I suppose that 'Having Fun' is their real name as well.
A  28th of Feb, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +4 Votes
Sorry... forgot a couple of relevant items in my last and final post.
A I was not fired. I voluntarily resigned due to my disgust at the entire working environment.
B If I WERE inclined to steal a lady's lunch, no one would ever know. The owner is FAR too cheap to invest in employee-related cameras.
C Please stop referring to me in your ignorant and libelous posts as 'the guy'. I was born female, and at last check, still am.
A  19th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Worse company to ever work for. Vice President Ed Pollan likes to handle sexual harrassment compliants with "take a picture with your cell phone of the General Manager driving by your house at 1:30 am or hiding in your bushes". Yes, the GM of the Cleveland office, Darla Gareau, would actually stalk her employees and threaten to fire or demote employees that didn't go along with her unprofessional socializing in and out of the office. She actually fired an employee for "not meeting their monthly goal" and then re-hired the same employee a year later and promoted her to a manager! She would also listen to personal calls being made from the break room phone which was told to every employee is a secured line and would never be listen too...as well as deleting recorded calls of employees violating the FDCPA once it was reported to the BBB and the AG. Complaints against the Cleveland office were treated as a joke and as a convenience, recordings of the calls made were always "unrecorded". Daily lunches consisted of drinking at the nearest Red Lobster or allowing employees to get high in the parking lot! The General Manager actually supplied marijuana to her employees on a regular basis. Needless to say, I had to move on from the company, as I couldn't sit by any longer and watch these unprofessional and illegal activities continue.
A  21st of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You are SO right, 'NCC Sucks'. That is EXACTLY how Darla and the Cleveland office rolls. Irv Pollan in Jacksonville is a corrupt, self-absorbed scofflaw who believes wholeheartedly that he is above the law, but his brother Ed is even worse. He is a pompous, arrogant jackass who treats everyone like dirt, laughs at industry regulations, and truly believes that he is cerebrally superior to everyone else.

This just in... HE'S NOT!!! Ed is mentally average at best, was born with a silver collections spoon up his ***, and doesn't realize or care that most people see him for the clown that he is.

I look forward to the day when regulatory agencies get their act together, and shut down this despicable operation. Equally, then their 'managers' can find their true vocations in the fast food or housekeeping industries.
N  16th of Jun, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was recently contacted by these idiots...I attempted to call them back at after 5pm, but no one answered the phones...so bright and early the next business day...this idoiot named Tony Calhoun called me at my office. He asked for me...I took the call. He then asked for the last 4 of my social...I told him no...tell me who you are and what this company is...he repeated his name and the company name...I asked why type of company they were...he told me they handle different "things"...are you kiding me! You want my personal information, but yet you can not tell me anything about this company? I told him as much...He is an IDIOT! Told me he could not tell me what the issue was about until I verified my identity...and I said LIKEWISE...he continued to attempt to talk over me...I finally told him...if you are not going to provide with the information I request, I am telling you NOT to contact me at my office any further. as I was hanging up I heard him say...then I will need a number to contact you...REALLY!? how can you expect someone to provide personal information to you, when you provide no information about the "issue"...as far as I am concerned they are full of SH*T! let them call me again...I got some news from them from the DA's office...LOL
N  24th of Aug, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
NCC Business Services Inc.- Losers! When they call let them know you are recording the conversation, ask for the license to collect a debit in your state as well as the document pertaining to your attachment to the debit...this was all advise from my attorney. Record everything save everything Voicemails, text messages and any mail. Don't be afraid of them, 99% of what they say are lies!
N  10th of Oct, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
NCC Business Services, Mr. Young was absolutely obnoxious. I received a call from this company (904-733-3033) claiming to be a debt collector looking for a relative who used our number as one of their references. The fact that the number they claimthis number was provided to them as a reference number is a complete LIE-it is a business line and has not been given to ANYONE. When I made the statement that this company must have googled information searching for RELATIVES they claimed they do not use the internet for anything. This is also a LIE. We called back and spoke to a supervisor who in fact admitted they search relative information to obtain phone numbers. PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS IS HARRASSEMENT!!! RELATIVES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEBTS INCURRED BY ANY FAMILY MEMBER. Just because you can be associated with an individual does not give you permission to harrass people and be arrogent either. NCC is only permitted to contact the individual who is legally responsible for their debt. Mr Young, you are not allowed to call my number and tell me LIES, flat out LIES in order to make your day a success. You were disrespectful to the person answering the phone call and should not say "I am going to get off the line by hanging up" when you are confronted with being a LIAR. Realize that you MUST be polite when an individual tells you a person does not live here-do not LIE, LIE, LIE.
A  9th of Dec, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company is the worst type of any kind of collection agency. I broke my lease because I lost my job, and the rent was far grater then my new job would allow. I was a responsible person and agreed to a payment plan. They removed funds from my account every month as agreed upon, until the last month. They removed my final payment 10 days ahead of schedule causing my rent and car payment to bounce!!! I call, and am told it was not their error and TO BAD?!?!?! What the crap kind of business is this??? They cause people headaches but take NO responsibility for their action!!! So, if I were faced with the same situation, I WOULD RATHER LET THIS GO ON MY PERFECT CREDIT THEN DEAL WITH A DISHONEST, UNORGANIZED, and HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! Let my credit take a ding instead of give a dime to a company that is going to screw up my finances anyway!!! In this case a good consumer lost EITHER WAY!!! And there is no action I can really take at this point without going through HELL for a few hundred dollars. If I had the extra cash, I would pursue them a far as I could!
A  9th of Dec, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Completely agree with everything said above- except for clown trying to defend this company- about their "collections" process. These jokers left a message and I made the mistake of calling them back- please, if they ever call and leave a message, please don't ever make the same mistake. When I called them back they asked for "verification" of my identity with birth date or last four of social to which I asked "who are you and why are you calling me?". Of course, they would not answer so i told them there was no way I was going to give that info to a voice on the phone so I get transferred to the "manager" and he starts in on the same business. and says it doesn't matter they already have the info so I asked why I needed to tell them if they already have it- "for verification". So I tell them sure I'll give i to you if you tell me who you are and why you're bothering me but they refuse to tell me anything unless I provide them with my personal info and then they try to argue it's not personal info because everyone has a birth date. What? Everyone has a social security number too genius, that doesn't make it public info. So anyway, this guy starts telling me that he sees what the problem is and I'm trying to "dodge it"- whatever "it" is, which I might know had they told me what "it" was but they wouldn't because I wouldn't give them info that they don't need. So after I get off the phone (and this is really the worst part) I decide it's been far too long since I've checked my credit rating so I do and guess what- these creeps just ran my credit report the day before without any authorization from me!!! Guess what NCC- that is illegal! You cannot run some one's credit without a "Permissible Purpose". By the way, according to my report I have no accounts in collections. NCC is going to get yet another complaint filed with the Florida BBB. Maybe their B- rating will drop to a C. Maybe they'll get shut down. Maybe they'll go to prison. I hope for all three.
A  28th of Feb, 2012 by
These people are very unprofessional and rude. If they think you don't know your rights, they would lie and tell you anything.
A  20th of Jun, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wanna have fun with NCC? Ask what NCC stands for. For some reason they get very angry and will not tell you. They have been calling me for who knows what, I won't tell them who I am until they can tell me what NCC stands for. Try it and see!!!

NCC Business Services Logo NCC Business Services