Nationwide Moving Services / Awful company

I would like to post this review as I have no other choice but to try to help people NOT make the same mistake I made. I contracted nationwide moving services for my move from Virginia to Texas in the middle of August and was told specifically by stephanie my salesperson that it would be THEIR truck picking up our belongings. LIES!!! A contractor for another company that did not even have a name on a rented rider truck picked up our stuff.

Needless to say we called the company and they said it was one of their contractors and they were great and everything would be fine. We let them load the truck and halfway through the loading process we found that our stuff was not going to fit even 1/2 of our stuff and were told by the driver that it happens quite frequently as this company always lowballs their estimates to make the price lower and attractive and in the end we the customer get hit over the head with over estimate fees which was obviously the case as we were apparently 3, 750 lbs. over the estimate for an overcharge of $1, 500.00 to now bring our total to $3, 750.00.

When I contacted the company for an answer all of a sudden everyone disappeared and when we finally got someone on the phone she politely told me 'you did the item list and you underestimated it so now you have to pay the fees read your contract' the movers did an o.k job and just a few things were damaged but it was the total lack of customer service and blatant low ball estimate that really makes me angry. I should have known better because every other quote was in the higher weight range but these people sounded so convincing. Shame on me and shame on you if you are lured in by this companies great tactics.

Va

Comments

• Me
      30th of Dec, 2008

I had a very bad experience with Nationwide Moving Services. For some reasons I had to cancel my move with them and once I did that their whole attitude changed. Its been a week since I asked them to cancel the move and I still didn't receive the refund. Everytime I call they give a different reason and delay it.

• Br
      8th of Jan, 2009
    Nationwide Moving Services - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    NATIONWIDE MOVING SERVICES
    New Jersey
    nationwidemovingservices.com

I was moving in with my brother and refused to move myself all the way to Oklahoma from Maine so i decided to let Nationwide Moving Services move my belongings and they were worth the money it cost me. I have forwarded their name to my brothers company so hopefully they will start a contract with them. If you thinking about using Nationwide, go for it!

• Aa
      17th of Jun, 2016
    Nationwide Moving Services - Do NOT use to move!!!
    Nationwide Moving Services
    11 Oak Creek Drive
    Texas

I used Nationwide Moving Services for a move for my father and was completely shocked and devastated at how poorly I was treated AFTER they got their money. I was promised several things and encouraged to contact the customer service representative with ANY and ALL concerns; however, I gave my deposit, they blocked all calls to the representative and didn't keep any of the promises they guaranteed. They denied it all! I was completely apalled and disgusted. I was totally taken advantage of, stolen from and treated with complete disregard. They are a broker and had even denied that when I initially signed up! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY to save yourself a LOT of grief.