Nationwide Home Warranty / Unethical Business Practices
We were duped by these folks, and are fighting them! We bought a home warranty, and were reassured all would be covered. The A/C unit went out, we called, they sent a repairman, then refused the coverage, saying that it was pre-existing! Duh! They knew that when they sold us "coverage". Then, they said we could have it covered if we coughed up 4 years of maintenence reports. We bought the coverage because we didn't know the history of the unit, or anything else in the place we bought! They knew this when they gleefully took our money!
Unethical, Unprofessional, Deceptive, and Unreliable! Avoid them, but if it's too late, there are things that can be done!
Don't get angry, get TACTICAL!
File with the BBB in NY, File with the NY Atty. General's office, and with the State they committed the unethical business practice in!
Here are some helpful links for those of you wanting to do something about their ways!
If someone stole the amount of money you paid for your policy right out of your wallet, you'd call the cops!
Here are our online "cops"! ACT NOW!
BBB in NY: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx?siteID=24
NY ATTY General's office: http://www.oag.state.ny.us/bureaus/consumer_frauds/filing_a_consumer_complaint.html
They opted to refund our premium instead of make good on their policy. Still waiting on the 'check in the mail' (10 Days)...
More Nationwide Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Unpaid Claim, Poor Customer Service, Rip Off Because Policy Will Not Cover Me 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Class Action Lawsuit 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - BBB, Attny. General of Greater NY, NY State Insurance Board Info. 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Won't Honor the Terms of the Contract 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Breach of Contract 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - 3 Year Contract not Honored
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Insurance Fraud 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - MEDIA CONTACT - PLEASE CALL
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Illegal ,Scam, Fraud 
- Nationwide Home Warranty - Dishonest Company