National Union Fire -Insurance Co NUF Insurance / Unauthorized charges

After canceling a promotional offer through Wells Fargo and NUF (National Union Fire -Insurance Co NUF Insurance), I discovered that they did not cancel the account. They have been systematically deducting $24.90 from my bank account since November 2008. They say they will refund six months, however they say they have to review my account to return the full amount.

I see here that I am not alone. I welcome any insight and assistance in this situation.

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2012

welcome to NUF Insurance! NUF is short for Now Ur ###ed Insurance. They have a scam going with US Bank also. Their parent company is AIG. They claim to have "phone authorization" to deduct payments from your bank account for "life insurance". It doesn't matter if you say no because the bank will open the account for you and authorize automatic deductions from your account for your "premiums. Most people don't even know they have been signed up for this insurance. They never send you a policy outlining its coverage or any information about it at all. They hope you will never check your bank statement carefully enough to notice these automatic payments. You never have to authorize these payments because your bank is in on the scam and gives them the information they need to make the withdrawals. There are hundreds of complaints about this practice and getting your money back is not easy. The number they give you to call either is never answered, is an endless loop of automated choices, disconnected, or if you do happen to get through to a live representative, they put you on hold so long you eventually end up hearing a dial tone instead of some one to help you. The bank claims that it is not up to them to remedy the problem or give your money back. If you did not give your permission for your bank to start these insurance payments, then who passed on your personal bank account information? The bank did because they are owned by the parent company AIG [Accumulated illegal Gains]. This is NUF [Now Ur ###ed] Insurance.

• Ro
      26th of Mar, 2013

My parents are both suffering cancer. Mom is stage four for a few years now. Dad is crippled. This so called "insurance company" and it's affiliates have stolen over 5000 dollars in 4 1/2 years. The folks are old and both in treatment. I finally got ahold of their bank accounts and am astounded that these thieves are absconding their meager Social Security funds. We have reported to US Bank, they say they are not hopeful in any return of money. How does US Bank allow authorization to clients funds with a phone call from crooks? They ARE culpable. . My husband and I are going to have to file suit...unless any of you know of a class action suit against them...Both my parents are miserable from feeling just STUPID (which they have never been). and duped. This is the first time I can see reason for punitive damages. Our lawyer agrees.

• Gl
      26th of Nov, 2014

They got me too. My account is with RBS Bank and they are little help. The bank is either unable or unwilling to tell me how long this has been hitting my account.

Here is the solution I have tried. I cancelled my credit card account. This may be the only alternative. I will keep this webpage advised.

I will happily bankroll a lawsuit against this company.

• Em
      29th of Jul, 2016

They got my mother also, she has passed away on 5/31/16, if there is a lawsuit against this company, I would like to on behalf of my mother.

• Mi
      26th of Nov, 2016

I'm in too. My dad passed away 9/11/16 and I just got ahold of his account to try to close everything but upon further investigation found this automatic payment coming out that I could not find any paperwork to verify. When I looked it up I found this page and I'm afraid my dad was also unaware of this .

• En
      17th of Nov, 2017

Same here. This HAS to be illegal!?!

• Jf
      5th of Mar, 2018

@EnoughNuf! It's insane. I was on deployment when I gave them this so called "authorization"

14th of Jun, 2018

These people have been stealing $4.95 a month for years. Efforts to cancel have failed. Not sure what to do!