National Home Gardening Club / Lifetime membership not honored and owned now by scout

1 Richmond, MI, United States Review updated:

For subscription changes or cancellation requests please call Member Services at [protected] Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
To add additional comments, reply to this email.

The above is from SCOUT.

***Please reply to my 2, yes two, lifetime memberships that have no longer been honored. National Home Gardening Club AND North American Hunt Club.
Both now are part of this SCOUT.com and have no means of magazine subscriptions or honor system.

Al
Dec 31, 2016

More National Home Gardening Club Complaints & Reviews

Comments

31st of Oct, 2017

Years ago I joined Gardening How-To as a lifetime member. I received my free gifts and the magazine for quite a while. Then a couple years ago the magazine stopped coming (for no apparent reason) I would like to receive it again please ASAP. I have registered a complaint but so far no results.
    My member number is 70058773 and address is
    Norma Leib
    6221 Sabre Ct. NW
    Allbuquerque, NM 87107

Thank you!!!

• Lo
      15th of Mar, 2018

Dear Norma, I too joined the clubs lifetime membership in the gardening and cooking clubs. I haven't received the magazines either. Did they ever respond to your request here?? Please email me at :
    puffruger1@gmail.com I would really like to know how it was handled. Thank you so very much.
    Sincerely, Lorraine Chilson

• Sy
      15th of Nov, 2018

@Lorraine Hinz-Chilson Yes me too I've been a member since 2005!!! I'm more than upset I'm glad I saw this !! And it makes me so mad

23rd of Apr, 2018

I was able to contact them about not receiving my magazines either. They told me they switched to an online format due to 'changing times'. I explained I'm on a computer all day at work and wish to read my magazine on my porch while enjoying the outdoors and NOT on a computer. They didn't care. I guess my Lifetime Membership was for the duration of their life and not mine... sad, I really enjoyed the magazine and I miss it.

• Fr
      26th of Sep, 2018

@ChelleWine Hi I to am “Lifetime Member!” Haha maybe they’re not sure of meaning? I stopped receiving mags as well as anything from them! I used to get things to test rarely but I did. At least I felt I was a member! I get nothing! Do they even exist! ? They took our $$$ and in return gave us nothing!!!

• Lo
      8th of Jul, 2018

Why no notification of change???
    I liked the trial products.
    You keep our money and we get $0.00...WHY??? Is this a way to do business today?

• Pa
      7th of Sep, 2018

I too am disappointed! I paid for a life time membership and HEY guess what? I'm still alive!! If anyone knows of a class action or anything, Please let me know. wenorth@fairpoint.net

• Ca
      25th of Sep, 2018

I also paid for a lifetime membership and now am ignored. I liked the magazine and do not want to read it on line.

• Fr
      26th of Sep, 2018

We should start a class action! If I remember correctly I paid about $300 for this lifetime membership! But what did it get us?????

• Ki
      16th of Oct, 2018

I got maybe 5 magazines after paying 300 for a lifetime subscription.
    Unethical for sure

• Ki
      16th of Oct, 2018

This company is a scam, takes money and offers nothing in return.
    Should be a lawsuit

• We
      26th of Oct, 2018

I TO AM A LIFETIME MEMGER NOT CHEAP EITHER AND NOW NO BOOKS I DID ENJOY READING AND THEY ARE STILL ASKING FOR MEMBERSHIPS OF 200.00 WE NEED A CLASS ACTION IF ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS

• Ca
      13th of Nov, 2018

I too subscribe to be a lifetime member, paid too much money for what I received. Only got one product to test out. They did send me some freebies, mostly junk. We had access to all the gardening help online, but that was a joke. Very little info, I knew more than the website. They kept wanting me to buy books, their products we tested, calendars, etc. It was pay, pay, pay. I think we were all scammed, scammed, scammed. Class Action suit would be great, include me in. My membership #70467336

• Es
      17th of Nov, 2018

I'm a lifetime member also. I paid for Cooking Club and Gardening cub. A scam in deed! Can't believe I paid all that money. I'm in for a Class Action suit!

• Ct
      25th of Nov, 2018

I had almost forgotten that I paid for a lifetime membership until I came across my membership card. Looking back, it seemed legit at the time. Now? Not so much. I can't remember the last time I received ANYTHING from "the club". I'm with the rest of you...class action would be sweet!

• Mc
      4th of Dec, 2018

I am also a life member of the National Home Gardening club. Paid out $200 and a few years ago the magazines stopped coming and all other benefits stopped. What a ripoff. I all for a class action lawsuit if anyone knows how to get it going