National Home Gardening Clublifetime membership

D Jan 22, 2019

I joined as a life time membership years ago. Always wondered what happened to receiving products to test n the magazines. Went to sign into my account and it's invalid, doesn't exist! Went to call the 1-800 number and rec'd a message that the destination number was not found. What happened to my life time membership?????? I've never received any type of information from them stating anything about my life time membership. This is fraudulent at the least. Took my payments and ran away.

• Ca
    caroln315 Nov 08, 2020

Does this so-called Life Membership mean anything to a club that has taken the money and ran?? WTF? I paid for a membership in full and have received NOTHING!!! IN SEVERAL YEARS. Do you not have to be held accountable? This is absolute crap. You suck!!! I want my money back [censored]!

• Ed
    Eddrena Miller Carter Oct 03, 2020

I joined in 2012 and received a few gifts. I received my lifetime card and my wife was very excited about our membership. After receiving a few packets of seeds, that was the end of their correspondence. I had questions about gardening, tried calling and emailing never received any response either way. Could never reach anyone. Now I see all the other complaints and that I was not the only one that was left in the dust.
    Baltimore, MD

• Cl
    Clark Ohio Sep 29, 2020

They went bankrupt, apparently through some sort of Russian investor who ended up firing the owner and the entire executive board. Looks like that was in 2017. Details are confusing; so, not really sure. It's a long list of clubs affected: Handyman, cooking, gardening, North American hunting, and even the history channel got caught up it this mess.

• Li
    Linda Colquitt Sep 28, 2020

I have been a member since 2005. Nothing received in years. Tested products then everything stopped. What happened.
    Magnolia, AR

• Cl
    Clark Ohio Sep 27, 2020

Joining as a Charter Lifetime member in 2002. Got the sign up bonus, tested 2 items, was promised ad-free magazines. They stopped sending testing opportunities, filled the magazine with ads, and finally stopped sending it at all. Totally, a bogus company with no understanding of liability. i thought it was just me. Sorry to hear so many got caught up in this "American Greed" scam.

• Je
    Jean Thompson Sep 01, 2020

Same as above comments. Member since 2006 and have heard nothing in years. If this is owned by a Scout, members should have been notified and compensated. Does Scout even exist?

• He
    Heidi L Klardie Jun 24, 2020

Same here, but why would they send out tools to try if it was fraudulent? I dont remember when I became a member but I loved the runners they sent me to try! Good thing I just found my gardening mat to use while weeding that had the name of the club on it so I could look it up just now. Wow didnt have any idea it was gone?

Jon Hunt May 26, 2020

It's been a year since I last posted here about the National Home Gardening Club. It looks like there hasn't been anything new about these frauds. I found my card and was surprised to see I had been a member since 1997. It's too bad. I thought the magazine was well put together and informative. And the products I was testing had moved up in quality from just seeds.

Sandy Tackett Hobbs Feb 25, 2020

I thought I was a Life Member of the National Home Gardening Club - Charter Member # [protected] April 1998...I have not received magazines or correspondence from them in years!! What is going on? If there is no longer a National Home Gardening Club, Notices should have gone out, as well as reimbursements for money spent! Should I report this to the better business bureau?

Sandy Hobbs
    72 Gorham Road #308
    Scarborough, ME 04074

• Pr
    Priscilla1934 Mar 01, 2020

@Sandy Tackett Hobbs I am a lifetime member of the National Home Gardening Club -Charter Member #[protected] August 2011...I tried many times to get things to try out but never got them. Always saying they would send them but never got any. Guess maybe a scam. Free tools wound up costing because that's about all I got from my lifetime membership. Was an expensive tool pouch. I like to know if they are even still around. Maybe good to find out from the better business bureau.

Priscilla DiConzo
    14 Turner Lane
    South Paris, ME 04281

• Da
    Danielle Sender Jan 20, 2020

I was just cleaning out a closet and found a copy of their magazine and it dawned on me I haven't heard from them in years. I too had a life time membership. I have searched online, after the old web site address failed to bring up their web site and there is no sign of them... just lots of complaints about them. Guess they no longer exist. It seems there are a lot of us with lifetime membership. Just didn't know their lifetime was so short.

• Jj
    jjacls Nov 21, 2019

I thought I was a Life Member of the National Home Gardening Club - Charter Member # 015867 January 1998...I have not received magazines or correspondence from them in years!! What is going on? If there is no longer a National Home Gardening Club, I would like at least my money returned that I paid to be a charter member!! Looks like a fraud to me!! Please let me know what is going on!!

Sandra Dalphond
    Former Address: 22 Cross Street, Allenstown NH
    Present Address: 62 Concord Street, Antrim NH 03440

• Br
    Brenda Slama Nov 10, 2019

Years ago I signed up for the National Home Gardening Club. Received my free gifts and occasionally logged into the website. I've moved and realized, I hadn't seen a magazine in years and needed to change my name, too. Now, I can't even find their website. But, I have found tons of sites complaining about them not honoring the Life Membership. (which I had/have). Not a happy gardener, here!