National Express U.K. / poor service and customer disregard

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

On the 24.10.2008, my wife and I took the 1510 coach service from Cambridge to Heathrow T5 scheduled to arrive at 1805 hours in order to board British airways flight BA0574 to Milan (Malpensa) ETD1930 hours. However, instead of proceeding along the M 25 motorway, the driver took a different route citing traffic congestion and dropped us at the Central Bus Station Heathrow at 1845 hours instead of T5. It took the staff there another 20 minutes to put us on a coach to T5. As a consequence, we missed our flight and had to pay an additional amount of £ 131 each to purchase new tickets on BA 0572 to Milan 25.10.2008. We also incurred a loss of € 110 for our existing hotel booking in Milan and had to pay £ 52.50 for a hotel at Heathrow. As a consequence of the driver’s decision and the failure of the National Express staff at the Bus station we were been put to a loss of £ 14.50 plus € 110. Instead of examining why the driver decided to divert the bus and why he abandoned the passengers at the Central Bus Station at Heathrow instead of dropping them at Terminal 5 and why the staff did not promptly arrange for another bus, the company has chosen to justify its staff's acts of omission and commission on the grounds that such difficulties cannot be foreseen. Given the callous and cavalier attitude of National Express, I would advice others going to the UK to think hard before booking themselves by National Express buses.

Comments

• Mo
      27th of Oct, 2009

i had a similar problem, made a complaint by email, got an automatic response and then never ever heard back despite 3 or 4 further emails.

i advise everyone never to use national express, as there are other operators out there cheaper and more focused on delivering a quality service.

3rd of Feb, 2010

I stayed with my pather at the express hoilday in bradford we expected warm room on arrival but it was very cold the heater didt work so i compaint to the manager. he told me the heater took a while to heat up but all nght it was frezzing cold. i dont see my paterner offten and wanted it to be special. But all night it was frezzing cold i even went to bed in my track suit it was soo cold we come on regualer bassbut never again will we stay there the charge us £65 which i think should be halfe pirce . the stay was not worth £65. so please look onto this and contact me.