National Association of Independent Landlords / Charged for wrong product
As a landlord I have used this company for a number of years to provide credit screening for potential tenants. Their customer service has always been questionable, but now they have crossed the line to blatant disregard of their customers; at least this customer.
As in the past, I faxed them a request for a credit report. 24 hours later, they had not responded. After calling them, I was told that I needed to submit a new subscriber agreement and my credit report would be sent immediately. I complied. Several hours later, no credit report. This time I was told that I needed to submit additional documentation; proof of ownership and several proofs of identity. I was again assured that the credit report would be soon forthcoming. I again complied.
5 hours later I received a "report". It was a single number rating from one to five. That's it. No credit report. Nothing even resembling what I had received in the past; and, nothing of any possible use to me. After an email and phone conversation with someone named Brittney, claiming to be the General Manger, I was informed that this was all I was qualified to receive without spending $50 some more dollars (the website advertises a full credit report for $15.95). I demanded a refund which she refused. When I informed her that I would pass this story on to anyone who would listen, she threatened me with a slander suit.
So here is a summary of my recent experience with the National Association of Independent Landlords.
1. Pathetic customer service. A product was ordered, not delivered, and no attempt made to contact me for the additional information they required.
2. Multiple, well documented, phone calls promising me delivery after submission of more information.
3. Delivery of a product other than what I requested.
4. Refusal to provide the ordered product, refusal to refund my purchase price, and the threat of a slander suit if I went public with my complaints.
I don't think I can recommend the National Association of Independent Landlords.
More National Association of Independent Landlords Complaints & Reviews
- National Association of Independent Landlords - Identity 
- National Association of Independent Landlords - Numerous failures to conduct the requested background checks 
- National Association of Independent Landlords - Terrible customer service 
- National Association of Independent Landlords - Stay away from these garbage people