Nancy Richards Dog Training Institute / Scam

1 8721 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-323-204-0010

On Sept 23, 2008 payment was processed for $37.00. Recieved notification via e-mail that I would received username and password with 24 hours to access the website. It is now October 18, 2008 and I have yet to received anything from this website. I have sent numerous e-mails asking for a refund and have again received no response from anyone.

I believe this website is a scam and unfortunately I became one of their victims.

Le

Comments

• Na
      13th of Nov, 2008

There's a site dedicated to information about this scam:

It should help people stay away from the dog training institute scam sites IF they do a simple search before they purchase products.

But sometimes we forget...

It IS possible and worth trying to get your money back by writing a letter to Nabanipa Roy in India (as mentioned in the terms of the site).
    I DID receive a refund within one or two weeks after sending the letter.

5th of Mar, 2017

@Nancy Richards Org That's the last time I purchase ANYTHING through where I did! My friend bought a supposed great flashlight from same place and it wasn't let's just put it that way! I purchased that same pet trainer system and was promised three books if purchased by midnight that night then it turned into three weeks later by midnight my great aunt Fanny!! I wish I looked in here before I bought but I'm lucky I'm only out $37.00

• Ly
      18th of May, 2018

@Nancy Richards Org How are they allowed to keep scamming didn't know I paid them a couple weeks ago also would like to see how to get my money back

• Rh
      20th of Oct, 2009

i to have been taked can not get into the site paid 37.00 what a scam

5th of Mar, 2017

@rhoda farrell I'm so happy to have found this site!! It's such a shame that there's a site dedicated to scams!! What is this world coming to?? 😓

• Ir
      16th of Nov, 2009

I paid $37.00 but did not receive the promiced goods.
    Interesting that all e-mails were returned because "Institute" is not probably existing. Shame on you America!
    No wonder your economy at the crisis - the country full of crooks, and there is no Law to fight them!!!

5th of Mar, 2017

@Irma Foxman They're in Cyprus believe it or not!! I tried getting someone to call me back numerous times!! Ugh I'm so surprised that that site allows people to be scammed through what's considered a great place?! 😏

• Li
      21st of Jul, 2011

Sorry you were ripped off but please don't blame America for your bad luck. I, too, fell victim from this scam, but upon calling my bank to stop all future charges, I was told that the first attempt to charge my credit card came out of the country of Cypress and was refused as my bank er said they do not ever do business with Cypress due to the high amount of fraud. The second attempt to bill my card was attempted in India, as I guess they understand that many banks know not to do business with Cypress. So, it looks like more of an International scam, not just U.S., but even so, if I had been ripped off by a company in your country, I would never think to blame your entire country, nor would I wish ill upon your economy. G'day, mate.

• De
      21st of Aug, 2013

A tip for anyone before buying something off the internet always look at the web address on the payment page.. It should always start with "http/www." Never "www." This is a tattletale sign of a scam! Thank goodness I did research on this what seemed to be amazing break through to help train my 3 month old German Shepard become a perfectly mannered dog. The nerve of these people, taking advantage like this. You should always research things like this. Simple and takes only seconds. I googled "Nancy Richards online dog training" and it came up with RIPOFF right away!

5th of Mar, 2017

@Desiree_Rose I'm so surprised that where I bought it from, Facebook allowed people to scam others via their site??

• Ca
      1st of Sep, 2013

I was about to sign up and pay, when I looked it up and it immediately showed up as a SCAM. That really saved me. I am disabled and on disability income and couldn't afford a loss. They give you a "special offer" urging victims with a deadline to hurry for such a "bargain". This should be a dead giveaway being so high pressure.

5th of Mar, 2017

@Candy E. I'm glad someone was smart enough to do research BEFORE purchasing!! Good for you!! 👍🏻

• Be
      6th of Mar, 2014

Thank you for all your help I was about to sign up for this scam, glad I checked it out first. Something should be done with people like this but what can you do if you can't find them. Thanks again for all your help.

• Mo
      12th of Feb, 2015

Glad I checked further before signing up. Many thanks for being spared this "gotcha"!

• Br
      27th of Sep, 2015

I too was ripped off by this scam and had to cancel my credit card, and purchase a new card. JUST A BIG RIP OFF!!!

• Je
      6th of Oct, 2015

Thanks for your reviews!!! I also was about to buy the dog obedience class. THANK YOU!!!

• He
      12th of Jan, 2016

The advert appeared on Facebook - in particular "potty training"! for Maltese Poodles in early December . I requested the first part of the story at 19 dollars odd (a lot of money at this point in S. Africa's situation) thinking I would assess the situation and decide if there was sufficient info to participate. The emails kept coming and I looked at a few and there is nothing in them but "waffle" telling you how wonderful the results are but NO actual info. I sent an email to them on the 30th December saying this was a hoax and did not expect to hear any more. I have now discovered that
    they informed me by email that I have joined the club @ 37.dollars and are sending me more waffle. I have also had to cancel my credit card. JUST A RIP OFF it seems.

• Re
      18th of Feb, 2016

Was told I would receive a book on dog training. On the photo it shows a hard bound book . I have tried to message her but no reply . It said money guarantee back if you are not satisfied but you can't reach anyone..

• Da
      24th of Oct, 2016

I responded to the offer of the free emails to housebreak my German Shepherd. I receive one email a day with tips to housebreak her. I used the tips and in one week she was trained. The free tips are very useful and make perfect sense. I too was about to buy in to the $37 scheme. Sorry to hear this is a scam. I loved the free emails, they were very informative. Figured the training program would have been too.

• Me
      18th of Feb, 2017

I can't believe this scam has been goin on for now 3 years...I was so close to purchasing also but something just did not add up and there was no "protection" provided when you got to the place where it asks for your credit card...glad I read these reviews...I was almost TAKEN!!! Thank you all for your reviews. HOpe mine helps someone stop and think before purchasing online goods!!

• Sd
      19th of Apr, 2017

I'm very glad I looked up "Nancy Richards dog training" in my search engine and found so many sites stating how this is a scam. Shame on them! Thank you to everyone who comments on this! Please do your research before purchasing anything on the internet. Our planet seems to have a thriving quantity of cons, scams, and rip-off artists. Thieves who prey on good, honest, hard-working people. Karma is a ### and she's going to hunt you down!

• As
      25th of Jun, 2017

I am a real dog trainer who teaches American Kennel Club (AKC) Training. I tried to reach out to this so called "Dog Training Institute" and they refused to respond to me. Anyone who tells you that you can housetrain your puppy in 6 days or any other unbelievable rot is lying to you and is just trying to get your money..
    Dog training, including housetraining takes time, patience, and repetition, along with lots and lots of praise, (not treats).

• Af
      13th of Mar, 2018

I would like to cancel "trainpetdog".com. I have a bill on my card for $101.95 and another one for $37.00. Please cancel my account and do not charge anything else to my credit care. I wish I had read all the above before I signed up. My fault--old lady at 82. I have tried calling your phone numbers and they are always busy. Thanks, for a lesson well learned. I did get a printed book, tho and thank you. afwwheels@aol.com.

27th of Mar, 2018

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM. I WAS GOING TO ORDER THE BOOK. SO GLAD I TYPED IN THE NAME OF PERSON AND THIS PAGE POP UP. THANKS AGAIN GOD BLESS THE HONEST PEOPLE.