Nail Palace / nail services/beauty salon

1 Singapore, Singapore Review updated:

I've encountered the unethical selling tactics in this salon. I visited Nail Palace at Yew Tee Point to remove of Gel Nails and I was being coerced by the Sales Consultant-her name Kitty and the Manger into committing the Nail Service Package. I felt that their pricing was in transparency and dishonest and too many hidden charges. Kitty failed to explain in details and mislead me. I was signed under high pressure and unwillingness, despite telling her that I was in rush to feed my 8 months old baby she still refused to complete the service and holding to my credit card and refused to process the payment for one time service. She even persuade me to leave my credit card with her 1 day to settle the payment at other branch. I've lodge a complaint with CASE and the judge had issued a Court Order to Nail Palace to make a full refund to me by 1st Jan 2017. However, they refused to follow the Court Order and I've not get back any refund from them till todate.

Nail Palace

Gr
Apr 12, 2017

More Nail Palace Complaints & Reviews

Comments

10th of May, 2017

Their prices are random and they hide all kinds of costs in their packages. The experience you receive at the outlets are truly horrible. They simply do not take no for an answer. Once, their staff ruined my nails because i said no.

One can only conclude that this kind of culture must be a result of greed at the very very top of management. Nail Palace won't survive. I hope it closes down.

• Wa
      17th of Mar, 2018

I bought a pedicure package from nail palace. I wanted to just enjoy the service and rest while they do up up my nails. During the treatment, I was really irritated with the hard sell tactics employed by the staff. From the start of the session, she would make negative remarks on the nail and skin condition. I put up with it for a while but she continue to persist in getting me to buy additional services or items. I found it really annoying even though I asked her to stop her sales pitch. In the end, I got no choice but to ask to see the manager. I asked the manager to write down in my card that whoever is serving me next time, the staff must keep quiet and stop selling me anything! In my last visit, I was asked by the staff to buy a ridiculously overpriced foot file! Reason being the file they are using is of low quality and not hygienic!! It is simply unbelievable. Is it not reasonable to expect that the company provides proper tools and maintain high level of hygiene in a nail spa?? It is like you need to buy your own surgical equipment and take care of the cleanliness of the tools before the surgeon operates on you. Seriously, the company should stop and review its practices before it loses all its customers!!!

• Up
      8th of Apr, 2018

@warriorlee agree.. i have experienced that. sometimes, I try to put on earpiece to have me-time but they just find ways to talk to you and be very pushy.. i think all of them are trained to be like that.

• Up
      8th of Apr, 2018

I took package from Nail Palace because they are very persuasive and they keep reducing their price when you say no. Even when I said I dont want to sign on more package, they just dont respect the decision. The staff are friendly to have comversation but they will always try to sell and add-in service or items when customers have existing package. I regretted taking their package and just wanted to complete but the thought of going back and entertaining their pushy sales just make me irritated.

18th of Jun, 2018

My first visit was during chinese new year where i just wanted to get my first pedicure in my life but end up I realised I stepped into a trap, the person who served me keep selling me about the package and other service and keep pushing and I was forced to sign the package under high pressure but i thought of i could just sign once but the second time i went there again they keep pushing me to top-up credit again I am a person who barely can say no, i agreeable. I was hoping no next time, but today i went for the pedicure to relax after work AGAIN they convince me to get a removal of dead skin for the foot. This time I really told them no I doesnt want it because I really doesnt want to spend too much money for just a foot spa and pedicure, but she keep pushing me until I cannot take it, i was so stupid that I agreed in the end but I am really regret this time because my foot started to feel pain due to over-scrubbing my foot and it is really costy to me as I working at the same time further study for my career. I wanna get a refund!

26th of Jun, 2018

This sharing is to raise awareness among consumers on the unethical pressuing sales ethics of beauty merchant which we personally encountered. Many of these have already been in the news: https://www.straitstimes.com/.../skincare-and-beauty... The most disgusting regarding such merchants is they never admit they are wrong and refused to refund the unused services to us when requested. Unable to settle anything amicably with the branch or their main office, we will consult CASE/Small Claims to take action accordingly.

The summary is my wife was persuaded to take up all the "add-ons" during the midst of her session, without being informed of the add-on prices. Eventually that session came up to S$1000+ over, and they even managed to persuade her to purchase 2x additional sessions at additional S$2000+. Only when she came back then she realised that the merchant should have well informed her about all these add-on charges. She therefore went back to clarify the breakdown of prices. Despite agreeing to pay for the 1x session she utilised, the unethical merchant refused to refund the remaining 2 extra unused sessions.

This is NOT the way to do business.

If you are interested in the full story:

26th of Jun, 2018

If you wish to seek legal action together with us, please let me know your contact details so we can do it together.

• Ve
      17th of Aug, 2018

I was a few years customer, with them at first their service was not bad slowly I realised they always try to hard sales you every time u go and there was one incident that made me had phobia of visiting them again there ounces they accidentally cut toe nail flesh and didn't told me, is okay the best part is that the sales girl use sanitizer spray to spray it and when another girl saw they sprat it again the third time it was the manager that spray it again is ridiculous, the pain was so bad, instead of telling me about it and apologize they just spray it again and again... Really speechless about their service, now my package have 1-3k+ balance and refund it not applicable, pretty ridculous, and also their nail art is not very nice... I hope they don't just do sales for sales, at least care for your customer

• Xa
      8th of Nov, 2018

Hi, anymore others heading to CASE for report?