Mumbai University / Negligence!

1 India Review updated:

I did not know where else to write; so here goes. I am a student of HR College, studying BMS - '07 batch. The TYBMS exams of Mumbai university ended on 28th april '07. There has been no word as to when the results are going to be declared. There have been rumors through the past 2 weeks saying that the date of result declaration is soon.

Even college professors are clueless. The least our 'great' Mumbai Univ can do is to specify the date of results. I have also heard that a university can take a maximum of 45 days to declare results acc. to a court ruling. After which an announcement needs to be made specifying the reasons and new date.

The Univ has acted as if it is answerable to nobody. We students do not know what to do. One of my friends called me yesterday saying that he has his visa ready, but he is going to miss his convocation at Melbourne as he does not have the results in his hands yet.

I do not understand what stops a university from - at the least - specifying the date of result declarations.

I believe that no action will ever be taken against this; but I hope for the best.

Comments

• Hi
      4th of Jul, 2007

Mumbai univ are treating the bms students as a bunch of jokers. First the ccee got scraped and now no news of tybms results. When will the universitiy act like a responsible body.

• Sw
      4th of Jul, 2007

I completely agree with what you are saying... U mentioned about TYBMS... same is the case of TYBSc. IT students. No date has been given yet. Everyone is coming up with new dates. And there is no way that we can complain regarding this to the Mumbai university, except go directly to Kalina. The university will never act as a responsible body, because our 5th sem results were also announced very late. Also, there are many students who have been recruited by all top companies, and they have even started working. Their company is asking for their results, and most of them are out of mumbai.

Now I pray that these results are out before August. Its high time the unversity shows some sense of responsibility!

• Ti
      5th of Jul, 2007

MCom admissions are getting delayed. Mms admissions too. The Univ is crap. I am happy if I don't deal with this university again.

• Re
      10th of Jul, 2007

Its high time the university starts taking responsibility... They have tried our patience... Its very frustrating... Everyday we hear of some rumors regarding the date of our results... but unfortunately none of them are true... Doesn't the university come forward and give us some specific date...

• Ti
      17th of Jul, 2007

It is July 18th, the results are out. But the technical glitches have surfaced. "No Such Exam!!!", (when you type your number in the box) and the long time required for the site to open even with broadband.

Congratulations Mumbai Univ. You guys are outdoing yourselves. All's well that ends well. Thank you for finally disclosing our results.

• Ni
      14th of Dec, 2007

i agree about what u said.
    also when i look upto mumbai university site i was shocked to know that there is no mention of BMS course at all in course category.
    even a normal individual hardly recognise BMS
    i think ths course will vanish if due importance is not given by university, even thouugh it is picking up some importance now bu companies

• Ze
      11th of Apr, 2008

This is not a complaint.
    I just need to know when the Centralized Common Entrance Examination (CCEE) will be held in Y2008. Where can I purchase the information booklet and the application form. Please advise.
    Thanks !

• Su
      27th of May, 2008

Please tellme if its possible to know the TYBCOM Results online of Mumbai University.

I have tried checking online for the April2006 examination but there is no option available.

Please inform, if its not updated properly OR this results are not available online.

• Dr
      9th of Jun, 2008

Dear sirs,

we like to complain about private clinic like in andheri Belle vue nursing home
    Tel : 2673 6120. they have icu unit, as mother was admitted and given very high
    inflated bill of 14, 000.00 for two days.

I am sure this clinic, even dont pay proper income tax, as they did not give me even
    officicial receipt.

we like to help your department, and be very strict, as they must give receipt and
    they should pay to income tax, what is their income .

thanks and best regards
    danny hira

• Ra
      24th of Jul, 2008

Hi Folks,

I am very much eager to know about the admissions going on in mumbai university (kalena). Can anyone tell me about MCOM 1st year admissions, are they going on.

please reply soon...

Thanks and regards
    Ram

• Su
      30th of Sep, 2008

sir, I have complited BSc with 36% after that i have complited MBA with finance, right now i am wanting to parcu M.COM in your univercity.if i would be able to admit in your univercity, please send a masage regarding the date of admition, corse fee, address of mumbai univercity, date of admition