MTN / no service

Langebaan, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: 0714973778

Got an 3g modum from the mtn store in vredenburg mall. They told me that mykonos langebaan have coverage so it wil work 100%. Needes to say ive got 0.06kb/s signal. And report this problem does not help. The one person sends you to the next and the next. I have send them a complaint about the problem and they promissed to fix it. And nothing again. Al they need to do is put up an smaal booster arial at my adres and problem wil be fixed. The one site mtn has got 8776 complaints against them and they do not respond to their promisses. This must be stoped at once. I must pay r 329.00 per month and for what??? A service that I can not do my work with. I am an real estate agent and all my work are aboud the internet. I lose thousends and who is responsible for that. Johann beukes
[protected]
Gideon estates
Sunset hights
Langebaan

Comments

22nd of Jul, 2011

I have cancelled 3 contracts with MTN and they have acknowledged and confirmed my cancellations, but they still bill me for the contracts. I also have a mail confirming that I am now being charged R100 per contract instead of the R69 of the original contract and the reason being that I am out of contract. MTN has added a R0.00 entry on the credit bureau and bluntly refuse to remove the entry or resolve my issues.

I have contacted the MTN innovation centre several times and the consultants just ignore all my requests. I have even tried Hello Peter with no success.

I have also lodged a complaint with ICASA and even they ignore all my requests. All cc mail recipients have not even bothered to try and resolve my issues, some of them are even deleting my mails without reading.

What must the consumer do if a company like MTN does not even bother to try and resolve my issues. Why do we have an institution like ICASA if they dont even respond.

I have proof of all mails and correspondence via Hello Peter if you require this.

• Pa
      4th of Aug, 2014

Every month I have been schemed & scammed with some story from Sue when I went
    to return my cell & usb internet that I do not fall for this anymore &
    therefore it is final that I will return my cell phone & usb internet on 12
    August 2014 (contract date runs), as I do not have time for this nonsense of
    Sue Evenwel every single month. Sue's reply to my e-mail is "I have tried to
    assist you in all ways possible" that is why my complaint of 21 July 2014
    was ignored that she did not sort out the incorrect account sent to me?

Sue refuses to take the cell phone & usb internet back from me & to
    sort out the incorrect account, which confirms she operates without any
    responsibility or ethics.every single month. Sue's reply to my e-mail is "I have tried to assist you in all ways possible" that is why my complaint of 21 July 2014 was ignored that she did not sort out the incorrect account sent to me?
    Sue refuses to take the cell phone & usb internet back from me & to sort out the incorrect account, which confirms she operates without any responsibility or ethics.