MTN / insurance query

1 TrichardtSecunda, South Africa Review updated:

I took out a contract for my wife, but the phone was stolen from her bag in a shop. We went through all the steps to block the phone, report it to the police, get a case number, blacklist the sim card. This happed on the 20th of February. When i send a mail to their costumer complaints, i get a mail back saying, "5 working days to resolve".
When i cal the MTN main office, i have to hold on for about an hour before speaking to some one, . Then i am transfered to the insurance department, again having to hold on for an hour. Even if i speak to a specific person, and resend the claim form to him/her specifically, there is just no resolve. I have been paying my account ever since, but i get no service. I sent a mail trying to cancel the contract, I tried through their web sight, and through Nashua mobile's sight, but i can't even find the number on the system. What must i do? In my opinion this is fraud, because i can not just stop paying, but i get no service. Please help? I don't have the proof of the mails or documents that i filled any more. Got lost some how.

Ma
May 19, 2015

Comments

• Jh
      16th of Oct, 2008
    Mtn - Brad is a Cheat and a fucker
    MTN Talent & Model Development
    35th Ave
    New York
    New York

Brad the owner is ###er and I request all of you who got a call from his company not to meet him. He will rob your money like anything, I request please file a criminal complaint on him.

• Mr
      7th of Nov, 2008
    Mtn - transfer of ownership
    South Africa

I have sent in an application about 5 mths ago to transfer one of my moblie phone accounts into my son's name but to this date no-one has done anything about it!!!
    It is actually becoming very irritating to wait for them to do anything about it!

• Ib

27th of Mar, 2009
    Mtn - Illegal deductions for three months
    Nirosh Sriram
    South Africa

deductions have been made from my credit card for three months though i had ported to Nashua. They have reimbursedme i Feb 09 but have debited me for the total amount a few days later. They cannot explain the reasons, but nobody will correct the problem.

• Le
      15th of Apr, 2009

I cancelled my contract July 2008 at MTN Fourways Mall, Johannesburg, and for the past 8 months MTN still debit my bank account. I Have contacted them on numerous occasions to complain but no luck at all. Service very very very bad.

• Ru
      21st of May, 2009
    Mtn - SCAM
    South Africa

MTN must be in serious financial difficulty especially after the Idols disaster - having to "fork" out prizes to two winners.

They are now resorting to "scamming" customers to enter their so-called 15-year competition!

No up-front disclaimer that terms and conditions apply!!!

To add insult to injury, to opt out of the "scam" a client must sms STOP - at a cost no doubt.

• Ga
      9th of Jul, 2009
    Mtn - barred line
    Trinicle Nig Limited
    110 Trana Amadi Phc
    Phone: 08034783208

Please kindly unbarred my number, i was trying to rechared my line, when sudden;y i got a message that my line has been barred, i can receive calls, but cannot call out.My phone number is 08034883208.
    Thanks.

• Sh
      20th of Jul, 2009
    Mtn - did not apply for funmobile
    South Africa

I DID NOT APPLY FOR FUNMOBILE AND YOU KEEP TAKING MONEY FROM MY AIRTIME. I SENT AN SMS TO STOP BUT NOTTHING HAPPENED PLEASE STOP IT AND REFUND MY MONEY. I AM A 40 YEAR OLD LADY AND DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR GAMES ON CELLPHONES. THANK YOU.

• Sh
      13th of Aug, 2009

Hello,
    I received a message from MTN Online message that i won N1.000.000.00 & a free ticket to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa with the below verification code (462070)
    How could i believe this and what would i do to proceed for the processing of the money i won and the ticket also.
    i will be waiting to read from you fast...here is my phone number below...
    08034346498...
    Hope to read from you along along with the necessary things i need to do to claim my price.
    Thanks and God bless.

• Ow
      26th of Aug, 2009
    Mtn - over scratched card
    Nigeria

please i over scratched an mtn 200 credit i wld appreciate it if my account can be credited to this effect this is the cad serial number:7615241421233135 and this is my phone number 08066172665.

• Al
      18th of Sep, 2009
    Mtn - simblocked
    ali abdu
    Nigeria

i tried to change my pin and puk code for sim lock in the process i forgot the new pin after several trials my sim was rejected. pls kindly unblock my number is 08032124202.

• Ab
      22nd of Sep, 2009
    Mtn - can receive a call or sms
    Nigeria

for the past week i can only make calls but can not receive one likewise sms. the number i am using is 08036961825. kindly assist please.

15th of Oct, 2009
    Mtn - cannot load my card
    Nigeria

i cannot load a card someone bought and sent to me since yesterday, i tried loadind it several times but it says its been used or invalid

The 12 digit pin is 858707123845

Mtn - VERIFICATION MTN RANDOM DRAW
    UGWU PERPETUAL CHINASA
    Nigeria

I received mtn sms this morning that i have benefited one million naira in the 2009 october random draw, my phone no is 08039369310 i dont know how to verify with code issued to me.

MY CODE IS 004848

27th of Oct, 2009

GOOD

• Ug

MY RANDOM DRAW CODE IS 004848

27th of Oct, 2009

i received a text on my mobile phone from mtn this morning 27th oct 2009.stating that i have won 1, 000, 000 naira in the october random draw.i was given a code.my phone number is.08039366804.HOW TRUE IS IT? Email..jessy4baby3@yahoo.com.PLEASE I NEED A CONFIRMATION.MARY EMAIKWU>KADUNA.

• Vi

dear customer care,
    I'm indeed grateful for receiving a text msg. from u'r MTN October random draw of #1000.000 this morning with a code of 004848.
    pls., i have no idea of this kind, i need u'r assistant to claim my prize.
    thanking u in anticipation for a favourable consideration

vincent w chinda.

08039458334 or vinchinda@yahoo.com

• Ay
      29th of Oct, 2009
    Mtn - sms scam contest
    Nigeria

i received a massage on my phone that I have benefited #1, 000, 000 in the 2009 october random draw, i was given a code, and i was ask to visit www.xtracooloffer.com, within 24 hours for my reward. i have been trying to log on the site is not opening, is it a scam?