MRI Overseas Property / cheating/false advertising/lies

1 witham, United Kingdom Review updated:

After I responded to an e mail from the mri overseass property advertising for £99 trip to Florida including flight and accommodation to show their clients fantastic opportunity to invest in properties.

Following that e mail I was called may be at least 20 times by a lady called Amanda insisting and encouraging me for the trip. she insisted that all it would cost me would be £99. she told me that the accommodation would be free and would be organized by the company but I have to get the flight then they refund me the cost of the flight minus £99.

they told me that there was no obligation to buy any properties. eventually I decided to accept their offer when I arrived in Orlando a representative was waiting for me. Althogh I was very tired at arrival she took me to visit some properties, then when It got too dark she took me to Marriot Hotel. when we arrived the receptionist asked for my credit card. I told her that I was a gust of Mri properties., the representative and the receptionist both told me that they knew that but the only reason they wanted my credit card was that if I used any other extra services such as meals, drinks etc. I was fooled and gave her my credit card.

the next day she took me to their office I spend hours talking to their mortgage adviser, management team cannulating team etc. Following that they took me to see lots of houses, apartments etc. during our visit the representative was exteremly forceful, telling me that I should buy one of the proprieties and I should call my wife to ask for her approval.

after visiting all of their properties and doing my research I realized that it was not a good investment and buying a property would not bring me any income and I might loose some money. I decide not to buy any properties.

despite their promise not only they refuse to refund me for the flight when I received my credit card statement later they had charged me for the accommodation as well. I contacted the Hotel, they toldme that was not the fist person complaining about this issueand it was a common occurrence.

Mri overseas propertied is run by lots of con artist, they con people in a very organized and well planned manner.

Please do not be fooled by them like me. I am sure an organization like this would go bankrupt very soon, god riddance

Comments

• Ba
      20th of Feb, 2009

An undercover investigation giving a behind the scenes insight into the international property company MacAnthony Realty International. Jonathon Maitland talks to customers who feel their investments didn’t live up to what they were promised.

One customer says she was sold an apartment on a development she was told would be Frontline Golf, but she later discovered another building had sprung up between her development and the golf course. She also says she was told she would have access to the nearby golf course but later learnt it was exclusive to another development.

Another client tells Tonight he was told by a sales rep for MacAnthony Realty that he would make more than 30, 000 euros in just 18 months on his investment in an apartment in Spain. He says the rep also told him specific facilities including three golf courses would be built nearby but these never materialised.

But four years have passed and he is struggling to rent it out. Regardless of potential increase in paper valuation he has been unable to sell it. He is worried he won’t be able to keep up on his mortgage payments.

As part of the programme Tonight sends a reporter undercover to MRI’s offices in Spain to experience training as a telemarketer for the company. She gets an interesting behind the scenes insight.

MRI Statement

"MRI Overseas Property is by far the most recognised and respected name in our industry with over 25, 000 satisfied customers, none of whom was asked to take part in this programme.

MRI categorically deny that we deliberately misrepresent facts or that we resort to hard sell tactics. All our clients visit the countries we offer properties in and have opportunities to see for themselves everything that is available.

There are many people who have purchased properties as investors and speculators who suffered because of the downturn in the global economy. MRI are sorry for their predicament but we cannot accept responsibility or blame for their actions. Even so, MRI has a proven track record of going beyond its obligations to assist clients who may find themselves in difficulty.

98% of our clients are buyers of holiday homes for themselves and their families and are delighted with the services MRI provides and the support we continue to give.

MRI is proud to offer the very best in overseas property and thank all our clients who have given their 100% support to our organisation."

Websites

www.pirin-golf.com

www.pirinresidence.com

• 5s
      19th of May, 2009

After reading as many posts on this website and listening to their waffle last week I find it alarming that people don't see through them - dont give them any of your money ever!!!

• Su
      12th of Jun, 2009

I have been in bansko many times and every single time i have visited i have met people who have had very bad experiences with MRI, from buying furniture, then being told that the furniture was wrong for their apartment, and mri would change it at no extra cost and in truth the new furniture they would be getting was worth way less then the origanal package agreed, and sorry we didnt add the vat on so now you owe us an extra 20%, like a year later they want to charge then for vat on their furniture package.
    another very sad story, recently i met a couple who bought in cape verde off MRI, that development went belly up, and they were told they would be losing their money 40, 000gbp, because it wasn't anything to do with MRI but the builders, then they where told out of the goodness of their hearts mri would let them put the 40, 000 towards another purchase, not of there choice they could have one in bansko near the golf course, or in portugal. the one in bansko is a studio priced at 96, 000 euros, the one in portugal is over 200, 000 euros.
    these poor people dont want eitheir, but are in a dilema... loose their money or pay more for a overpriced studio in bansko which wont be ready till may 2010.. if it's ready then.
    no one i met who have bought of MRI have had a good experience espically in bansko...
    and now ex mri employees are selling in bansko under the company name DCC...
    So beware...

• Sh
      19th of Aug, 2009

We have been suckkered in by these sharks also. We went on an inspection trip in April 2008 to Turkey. During this time we purchased off plan, a property in the Tuzla area. Oliver the sales rep was very charming and also arranged solicitors for us
    (situated in the offices next door to the MRI offices) Our apartment was due to be completed November 2009. We paid a total of 23000 GBP.
    earlier this year I tried to chase up promises of being sent photos and updates on the project, only to find out that the offices in Turkey have all been closed. Eventually I managed to get hold of someone through Email, who in January, said that the project next door was coming up for completion and that everything was starting on our complex. A photo of the cleared land accompanied this information.
    About a month ago we chased them up again, this time we received a photo of our complex with phase 1 in the process of being built.
    We were called to a meeting yesterday, with MRI, (having to have a day off work and travel 50 miles to) to be told that we will lose ALL of our money because the builder is going bankrupt.
    As a gesture of their goodwill (not) we were 'offered' either a place in america (don't know where) for around another 200, 000 or a tiny studio in Bansko ski resort. HILARIOUS spot the difference Turkey with its hot sunny climate and chilled back lifestyle, or Snow Ski and concentration camp style one room accommodation. We were not happy. We were even more upset when we were told that they could only offer us this new deal for THAT DAY ONLY. We know nothing whatsoever about ski-ing or the resort of Bansko so why would we agree to spending even more money without doing any research first!
    Not only that but we also had to secure the deal by giving them a further 6000 euros there and then. ( we don't make the habit of keeping 6k in our back pockets!!!)
    By this time we were feeling steamrollered and we felt intimidated being trapped in a Hotel conference room, just ourselves with two 'suits' interviewing us
    going over the same things and telling us did we want to walk away with nothing. After nearly THREE hours of this interrogation style meeting we got up to leave as I said we were going round in circles to which one of their 'directors shouted 'OFFER WITHDRAWN'.
    How can they get away with messing with people's lives. We weren't buying as an investment we were buing to live out there. All our plans are spoiled as well as now being robbed.

• 5s
      19th of Aug, 2009

Maybe before you totally write off your Sterling23, 000 it might be worth another visit and call to your solicitor.

• Mr
      18th of Sep, 2009

I did work for these people once, but never again... I was a professional sales person who got sucked into the glamour and money as I could be working for (a/the) largest overseas property company in europe.

the interview was held in london. I was told that day, I got the job and to fly to spain as soon as I could. i would be picked up by the local sales representives, given accomadation for my stay.. then be trained and sent to my first of many destinations. I mean they did have there own TV station with the sister of the boss being the presenter. the boss also owns a football club in one of the leagues in england.. it all sounded really great, as I was told I'd work three to four days a week, be my own boss, time manage myself and get good financial rewards. so i quit my financial service job and sold all my furniture and made plans to move...

I was picked up as promised, given a comfortable place to stay. i met all the newbies and went to the head office for the training.. once in we were told how great they were and that they had propery developments all over europe, met the mortgage managers, tele- operations manager, sales manager etc...

all the newbies including myself were given company contracts which we had to sign and return, no copies would be given to us... one guy did ask. we were all asked to come into the office in the next morning for our interview.. which really set off alarm bells, for me.. I mean I had signed and seen my employment contract before leaving my last job...

next morning all the representives were sitting in the entrance of the office waiting.. two hours later we're asked to go away as the sales manager had not arrived yet... ok?? so off for coffee... that afternoon we all met up and in we went. the guy who asked for a copy of the contract he signed was told he was not needed!!! I was very nervious now as like myself he had given up his employment to come over and start a new job..

well we were interviewed and then told where we were going..

I can't say where I went, but it started out alright... but then after more training (basic) I found out the mortgage manager was not really qualified in any country... and that the independent mortgage company was NOT independent... the mortgage manager would come to us after they had interviewed the customer and tell the reps and managers what the financial situation was with the customer and if they were going to invest or what buttons to push... next i found out the legal team was not really a lawyer but a legal secretary and again not independent...and any info again was passed on. still later i found out that they had not even spoken to the local banks about mortgage funding for customers or what rates to use.. I mean here I was explaining to customers the feature and benefits and giving figures. which i now believe were made up.. then I found out the plans were not approved and there was no building perms for their own properties and this one blew me away even more, but no one new for sure where the property was being built.. i mean the reps, the managers all pointed in different directions in the general area... all had different answers..

then the stories of how to screw the customer came out and how the company would screw the emplyee by holding back commisions and more unbelievable stuff... I would not have believed this if it had not happened to me...

I got out ASAP and I am disillusioned and disgruntled that a company like this can operate in the E.U what about the laws protecting people and their financial assets... all those fat cats in brussels...

• Pb
      20th of Aug, 2010

Dear sir,
    Mr.Steven Dacillo Domain name through an advertisement
    cheating me by offering a House keeper visa in his home.Total fee
    for it he said 700 GBP in wich he offer to help me 400 and the balance i gave him through Money Gram to united travel agency
    in favour of its chief account JUDE HENDRY HUDSON.Now yet no document or no return of my money what can i do where am i complaint against it please advice me.

• Cp
      29th of Jun, 2011

Hi,

I'm not trying to Spam this post or anything I hasten to add it's just that I work for a company called CPC Holding.

My name's Samantha Roberts and CPC Holding is the company, we help throughout the UK and have recently had an enquiry about MRI here in the office which led to a good bit of research and it being added to our (very long) list of problem companies.

It seems that we're able to help in a lot of instances and I spoke to my boss and anyone who gives us a ring and quotes the complaints board we are prepared to give you guys a free no obiligation consultation...

I've been looking at the mess some of the people are in and it quite simply infuriates me.

It's our job to solve problems abroad and I think that there's a lot of members on here that we can help.

The company was formed out of being disgusted at the way some people have been treated in the past and how so many people feel lost in a minefield.

We spend everyday campaigning for clients and helping in any way we can. if anyone wants to ring us you're more than welcome to just have a chat because I can imagine a lot of people are really upset. 01913782389.

www.cpcholding.co.uk

I truly hope we can help some of you.

Sam

• Da
      25th of Jan, 2014

Hi i was going to buy a studio in bansko £35.000 I had to put down £2200 and must compete within 30 days, There mortgage company
    they got will get this for me for £600 .you can not get a mortgage if you are over 50 years old i was 58 years old they new this, I got my £600 back they kept.
    £2200 i hope that one day he will get done over that will be a good day.