MRI Overseas PropertyScammed Out Of 13,000 euro

Hi,
I purchased two properties with MRI in the summer of 2006, i was a victim of the false selling by MRI. I paid way too much for my properties and now i am in negative equity of about 20% and rising. I was also lislead into purchasing both the rental marketing pacakges and the furniture packages with MRI, neither of which service i ever received. I am like many others in that i have made many attempts by email and telephone to get in contact with someone who may be able to help me get my money back, but without success. Like others MRI are now ignoring my emails and refuse to take my calls.
Surley there must be some law, or international law firm who can help all of us victims get our money back.

Denis.

De

Comments

Jun 19, 2009

There is a group of people who are trying to get something sorted on the following website:

www.mri-sg.org

Join up on there and they will keep you abrest of further developements. Like you I have lost a large ammount of cash with MRI and I feel the only way forward is through group legal action. If you have any questions drop me line

• Pl
      Jul 12, 2009

hello we have also reserved a property in calabria with MRI and are now out of pocket for the deposit paid in 2007.

what did your lawyers say about the situation?

thanks for posting the details of the website about the MRI action group, ill check it out tonight

i was using the lawyers recommended by MRI (legal factory) but now one of our friends recommended another firm of lawyers who are independent from them and the builders, these new lawyers represent a lot of people who are buying in calabria

they have written to MRI that - if we dont get the money back by 30 July - they will file a claim at court for double the deposit. apparently they have already issued other claims against MRI and legal factory in calabria, do you think that legal action is the best option?

if you want to stay in touch, my email is [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

• Ol
      Jul 22, 2009

Hi,

I was misled with my property purchase in Romania through MRI. I have lost thousands of pounds.

I am looking to sue them for the loss and try and claim back my money.

Has anyone had ny luckor know of how to go about it?

Regards

• Dp
      Jul 24, 2009

Hi Same with us. The property is not finished (nowhere near it) and now they are threatening legal action via a lawyers called Gugushev and Partners from Sophia to forgo all the monies we have paid (£20k+++) I suspect that MRI are going bust. They do not answer any direct questions and I am beginning to think the law company recommended for the property purchase by MRI works in 'concert' with them.

Get in contact if you think I can help. [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

• Iz
      Aug 19, 2009

Hi all.
    I am in touch with many people who have had problems.
    I am liaising with an MP in an effort to get something done about what has happened to us, and others.
    If anyone is interested, please contact me.

• Sm
      Sep 20, 2009

Hi All

We are exactly in the same position as everyone else above.

We were given the hard sell in 2006 and went ahead with the 50% on two apartments in Bansko... Bulgaria then pulled the mortgages and now we are struggling to get anywhere legally.

We also paid a large amount for so called furniture pack through MRI in Dec 2006 and like everyone else they now dont return calls, emails and refusing the refund this we even sourced storage but they just ignore everything.

• Up
      Oct 20, 2009

has anybody bought an apartment through mri in panorama bay in st vlas. i did and they couldnot come up with the mortgage for the place, i have lost the lot(26, 000 euros approx) if anybody here has any ideas on hopw to go about getting your money back from these people, drop a line here and i'll get back to you. they were in ireland last week, trying to flog their apartments in bansko, but i had to find anothe 7, 000 euros if i wanted a property, just be very careful and dont sign anything with these people

• Gr
      Nov 19, 2009

Hi everyone
    I also paid MRI for furniture which had not been delivered. My apartment in Bansko was completed in May 2009 and MRI are not replying to any correspondence. I have even been to Bansko but have still been unable to get any answers. How can a company take your money and then refuse to supply goods?
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Iz
      Mar 17, 2010

Send detailed complaints about what has happened to you to the Serious Fraud Squad.

• Ru
      Mar 24, 2011

I purchased a property from MRI in Romania in 2008. They assured me that I will get my mortgage and also lied to me that if I don't my deposit would be refunded back. I have almost lost over £50, 000. I tried contacting them, but was not getting nowhere. I later was contacted by MRI and an appointment was made for me to meet one of the senior management team. They were trying to sell another property in Bulgaria...which they were selling to me for double the price! Howver they made me believe that they were helping me, when instead they were profiting again. MRI have made over 30k euro in commission for mis-selling and lying to me.