Mr. Tire / Awful experience

I went to Mr. Tire for a new tire. The technician badly scraped the rim all around. At first, management refused to accept responsibility--two immature and obnoxious guys. Then the manager agreed to have someone call me to repair the rim. No one called, so I wrote a letter to the corporate office (Monro Muffler). They promised to have someone look at the rim, but no one ever followed up. Then I complained to the county consumer affairs office. Finally, after almost 2 months, I received a check to repair the rim. Do not trust your car to this place.

Va

Comments

• Te
      16th of Feb, 2009

I have dealt with Mr. Tire numerous times. I found the employees there to be extremely courteous, one of the most friendly service experiences that I have had. I have had tires changed and moved and have never had any problems with the work that they have done. I do trust Mr. Tire and will continue to use them.

12th of Mar, 2009

I am glad that you had no problem with Mr. Tire. I'm sure that most people don't. However, if you ever have a problem, beware of the response you will get. The manager was fired because of this incident. The assistant manager, however, still works there. Even the county consumer affairs office expressed amazement over his lack of professionalism.

This complaint is about the parent company as well (Monro Mufflers). Monro failed to follow up on the complaint, making false promises.

It is ridiculous that I had to involve the county consumer affairs office to resolve a relatively simple issue. I only wonder if had been more serious. Lucky it wasn't you.

11th of Mar, 2010

I have had the same problem with Mr Tire, both woodbury and mapleshade nj. had to bring my car back 4 times for the same repair at mapleshade, "ric" has no clue what hes doing and his so called technisions have extreamly limited experiance. talking to the guy working on my car this was his first time in a automotive shop and was only there a couple months. some how this guy was working on my car??? wtf? finaly took the car to Pepboys had the work done for half the price and havent had a problem since. So i can understand why a scratched rim could happen, they have no experiance. And managers dont know a thing about cars. Do your self a favor this place rips you off. Just go somwhere you can count on pros and the price. i know price is another topic but there gole is to take aas much as they can get from you. just check around!

• Br
      26th of Sep, 2010

I recently went into the Woodbury Hts location and had my oil changed. Part of the oil change included a tire rotation. While rotating my tires the technician noticed that I needed new brake pads and rotors on all four tires of my vehicle and I was quoted a price of $850.00. Thankfully I declined the service and only had them change my oil. I ended up changing my own brakes approximately 2000 miles later and noticed all my pads had at least 20, 000 more miles on them and my rotors where fine, being smooth on both sides with no grooves. I strongly believe that Mr. Tire tried to steal my money that day and would have been surprised if they would have even done anything to my vehicle and just taken my money. I have also heard more stories where people have gotten their oils changed and they never put in a new oil filter among other horror stories of bad service. I strongly recommend you find another shop to take your vehicle to and steer clear away from any Mr. Tire locations.

• Wo
      11th of Jan, 2011

Absolute rip-off artists. Kings of the bait-and-switch and arbitarily added hidden charges. Mediocre work at best. Their coupon "specials" are laughable. I put them in the same class as "$29 whole house steamcleaning."