MoneyMutual / withdrawal of money

I have been thru hundreds of these groups trying to find a little cash for the holiday. No where in anything I read from Money Mutual did it request $39.99 (that they took out of my account). I am so disappointed with this whole thing and the scams we get caught up in trying to survive. I don't know who to turn to or what to do to get this money back. I have certainly learned my lesson and am very disappointed in Montel Williams for supporting such a scam. HELP!
Just be aware of everything that goes on I feel so stupid!
Teressa Robbins

Comments

• Re
      6th of Jan, 2011

I worked for a bank for 3 years and saw the repercussions of these type of "companies" (and I use that word lightly) ALL the TIME.
    First and foremost, almost ALL of these sites sell your information. They will hide it in their fine print (somewhere they count on you NOT to look) that they may share your "information" with other companies you might be interested in, or something to that effect. What the fine print does not say is that they are selling your BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION...and that sounds likely what happened with that $39.99. It may not have been Money Mutual (hard to say without seeing your account or statement) that took that money, but more a company they are affiliated with charging you for their own "product" or "service" that does not exist.
    It's sad but it happens all the time.

Other companies will not give you the full payback terms. I don't remember the name of the company but there was a story where a customer of ours had gotten a loan with this company, and had made all the payments of what ever it was, something like $120 a month. She calculated that she had paid her account in full with interest and was very surprised to see a new debit of the same amount on her account the next month. She called the company and it turned out that they were charging her the $120 to RENEW her loan. In order for the payment to actually count as a payment ON THE LOAN, she would have had to call them and let them know prior to each payment. That is the worst kind of scam I can think of. I don't think there is a reputable online loan "company" out there. The only ones that are trust worthy are the ones you walk into yourself and get a loan for $500, they keep a check for $565.46 and next month you come in pay for the check and all is good. If you don't come in and pick it up, they deposit the check and you either have the check clear your account or it comes in overdraws it and you accumulate all kinds of fees, but that would be 100% on you. They are legitimate, even if they do charge outrageous interest.

I hope I have been helpful to anyone who might be considering taking out an online loan. If I haven't turned you away from getting one, I hope I have opened your eyes to what you need to do:

1: Read every last word of their boring fine print and look for anything that says anything about sharing. If it's there, move to the next "company" and start again.

2: Get all the terms of repayment explained in DETAIL BEFORE the loan is set in motion.

3: Watch your account like a hawk, online DAILY is best so you can SEE what comes in for at least 6 months after your loan is deposited to make sure you didn't miss anything and things are not coming out of your account without your expressed permission.

Lori

• Pa
      25th of Apr, 2011

I didn't think Montel Williams will support such a scam and believe me it is a Scam.

12th of Aug, 2011

I too barrowed $ 300, and paid it back over a year ago. To this day I get telephone calls on my cell and work phone from Chinese people claiming they are from a law firm, or are a detective etc. claiming I owe them money, which I don't!!! Its very frustrating.. I think that Money Mutual sells the SSN# to other people that try to scam you for more money. I was even told that I will go to jail, in a cold hole, etc.. wait until Monday and you will be arrested etc etc. I've contacted my attorney and district attorney about this scam. Needless to say don't ever ever barrow money from a pay day advance company because your information is not safe.

• Da
      23rd of Jan, 2012

if your looking to get a loan go to mycashnow.com i was approved for 1000 and they didnt take anything up front the cash was in my account the next day..this is the only site i trust..check it out for yourself!