Money Mastery / Unauthorized Charge

1 Iselin, NJ, United States Review updated:

The company tricks customers to sign up for a trial $1.95 and obtains their CC info and then a few days later charges $ 49.84 as additional charges.

Their phones are always busy and when you leave a message they state they will remove you from Billing but 4 49.84 is gone !! It seems you have authorized them for this additional whether you use their system or not !!

The company has cultivated a sophisticated fraud to dupe customers to part with $ 49.84 by just signing up and I can imagine the money they must be making from unsuspecting customers coming to thier site!

This is a alert and warning and the authorities must investigate and get refunds for the consumers from this company

Comments

• Le
      26th of Aug, 2009

I agree 100%. They are scam artists pretending to save you, the consumer, from scan artists.

• Le
      26th of Aug, 2009

Demand your money back! I have. Of course they say no. Sorry charlie. My credit union will get my money back for unauthorized charges.

• Pk
      28th of Aug, 2009

Same thing happen to me and I am trying to file for unauthorized charges.

• Na
      28th of Aug, 2009

They have raised the rates and got me for $166.34. I returned the product within the 30 day trial period and followed their procedure by securing a return authorization number and writing it boldly on the outside of the box. They acknowledge receipt of their product back and told me 3 times that a credit was issued, but no credit on my credit card. Then a customer service agent told me they issued me a credit, not a refund and that she would have a manager call me. That was 8 days ago and no call and no credit. I have filed a complaint on the FTC website, why mess around.

• Ca
      29th of Aug, 2009

I as well signed up for this system. When I realized that I had lost some money I called the company to get my money back. However, when I called that young man that answered directed me to the web site where I had applied and showed where the terms and agreements where posted and where I had agreed to them. Even though I wasn't too happy I could do nothing because I had authorized the charges.

• Ka
      31st of Aug, 2009

I signed up to receive a booklet on creating tags that will bring more traffic to your website and increase your search engine rating. $3.00 fee and once I gave my bank card information it took me to a page with 2 links. Neither link stated clearly what they were and I should have been alerted right then. I did click on one of the links and found the information that I wanted and I never clicked on the other one which must have been the money mastery link. I checked my account that day (which was last Thursday) and the next day but no $3:00 charge had been applied. Then looking online at my bank account this morning, I found they charged the $49.84!! They did send me an email stating what I could find online but I deleted it and don't want to go to the website for fear of more charges. Just tried to call them and got a recording that the number is temporarily unavailable. Headed to the bank now to see what can be done but I am so mad I got scammed.

• Dd
      9th of Sep, 2009

Im also having problems with Money Mastery. I finally got to speak to someone two weeks ago to cancel my account and stop the charges. Then I go to my online banking account today and they charged me again yesterday another 49.95 thats the 3rd charge. Im trying to contact them but cant get through. Is there any legal things that can be done for them charging me after my account was cancelled?

• Ex
      13th of Sep, 2009

I have the exact same issue as Lal Dadlaney. I even called and was told my new account would be cancelled.

• Al
      14th of Sep, 2009

Any disagreement with charges associated with Money Mastery may be a result of error or confusion, but is not the result of any intent to deceive. Unfortunately, some of you have not taken the time to read the Terms and Condtions of your trial membership and thus have been charged as per the details of the Terms and Conditions. Therefore the first message to all of us is to always read the T&C before consumating any online transaction. The second message to all who subscribe is to examine closely the Money Mastery System financial benefits available by participating in the www.mymoneyplan.net program. It would seem reasonable for reasonable people, if you invest $49.84/month and can find $300+/month. Why would you not want this program?? Just read the T&C and/or call the Customer Service Department 866-311-7023. Any delay experienced via the Customer Service number is only because of the tremendous growth in volume. This is a live servce and they will bet back to you.
    The Money Mastery Personal Financial System has been around for over 16 years. It will bless your life and never hurt anyone who is willing to take action, and is not expecting something for nothing!

14th of Sep, 2009

I am having the same exact issue. In fact, I called twice to cancel the account before the ten day window period and no answer. I've left two messages and was still charged. I advise all of you to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureaus: http://www.bbb.org/us/ to ensure that they are knocked-out for false advertisement and into misleading cliental to unforseen charges.

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2009

is there anything that i can do to refund my money in my account.i am unemployed and they drained me for everything i got.

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2009

when you give them your phone number and you call to cancel before the thirty days they have your number listed in the computer system to not take your call but if you notice after the 30 days you notice they answer the phone and then they tell you they can not give you your money back because its after the 30 days.

• Je
      19th of Sep, 2009

I'M GOIN TO GO TO MY BANK AND REQUEST THAT MY BANK NOT PAY ANYMORE CHARGES TO THIS COMPANY. THEY HAVE SECRETLY CHARGED ME ONCE. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AS TO WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE.

• Dr
      23rd of Sep, 2009

They lure you into a get rich scheme helping Google find links. To legitimize you as a real person you are asked to provide your address and phone number. They ask you to read their website and check them out. Usually my staff checks these things out but all they ask is for you to send them $1.95 for a booklet about how to start with Google. $1.95 is nothing so you give them your credit card info. Then they tell you that for more information they will charge you $395.00 flat fee or $29.84 per month as a member. If you close your browser you find a $29.84 charge added to your credit card. When you call them you leave your number. They call back and when you tell them about the charge they say that if you cancel your membership they will charge your card a fee of $395 for early cancellation. Your only recourse is to cancel your credit card immediately. As you are canceling your card they are in the process of putting that charge on your card. If you are fast enough, you can cut them off.

• Ke
      28th of Sep, 2009

I am dealing with the exact same problems as everyone else, they try and act like you are an idiot and tell you upon cancelling your subscription that you can have half back. half? no, I didn't use the program, I don't want your bonus package and I just want my money back and a signed letter stating that you will never run my card again.

• St
      28th of Sep, 2009

If not a Total SCAM it is at least very deceptive. The $1.98 charge is just the bait to get your card number. I read the entire "Terms and Condtions" pertaining to the offer and no where did I find anything about additional charges nor subscription fees. I will be contacting my states Attorney General's office to file a formal complaint as well as the Better Bussiness Bureau. I have also contacted my Bank Card S=Customer Service center and filed a fraud complaint and opened an investigation through them as well as cancelling my account and had another credit card issued so that no further charges could be added. The Information that I was given when I called the customer service number on my credit card statement is that the company behind the Google + Money Mastery + Partnerforpro is as follows

Commacksouth (Business Name)
    1238 East 470 South
    Pleasant Grove UT. 84062
    800 983-7505 (Customer Service) Good Luck getting an answer here though.

29th of Sep, 2009

i never even authorized or signed up for this company and have lost over three hundred dollars to them.

• El
      30th of Sep, 2009

IN FACT THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL FRAUD, THEY CHARGE YOU $49.84 AFTER 3 DAYS WITHOUT ANY PERMISSION, THANK GOD MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS AUTOMATICALLY BLOCKING AND THIS PAYMENT WASN'T DONE.

• Su
      3rd of Oct, 2009

The $1.98 charge is just so they can see if your card is open, like the initial $1.00 on a gas card, and then they get you.

• Wa
      5th of Oct, 2009

Hello, I am a Representative from Watkins Services, I was also lead into this scam and charged this amount.

At this time, I see this.

Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT MONEYMASTERY8663117023 LEHI UT
    $49.84

I intend to seek full retribution for this transaction and I think we should all unit to end this scam and seek full retribution for our time and money.

This is us posting.
    There are about 3 ? people.
    There must be hundreds more who don't seek this information and do this research after we're victims of this scandalous scheme.

Input and ideas may be sent to the business email WatkinsServices@live.com

We need to end this nasty get rich quick scam that's plaguing the internet.