Monarch Grand Vacations / Misleading

United States Review updated:

My complaint is that during the sales process, we were led to believe we could take what's called getaways to any of the timeshares in the pool. The problem is that I tried to book for Sept 2008 in either CA. or NV. I was told only Palm Desert, CA is available for nightly rates. This is not an availability problem, but more of a "we don't want you to use these resorts for weekends, only week long periods" problem. However, we could go to Cape Cod if we wanted??? Hello, that's not a getaway that someone in CA can use.

As for all the free gifts. Not much good considering I have to take my kids out of school and take off work. This includes the cruise. We have to wait six months to book, but we have to use the voucher within 12 months of purchase. This means we have a 6 month window. Pretty sure this is going to put us at the start of hurricane season...

Comments

Da
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Getaways as you call them are actually "Getaway Weeks" not nights. Maybe you are referring to "Escape Time" which is the nightly fee if you choose not to use your points. We've been owners for 6 years and only 2 times have we had problems. Once was for Las Vegas when there was a big convention and everything was sold out and the other was for Lake Tahoe during Hot August Nights once again everything was sold out. Both times we tried to book on very short notice, meaning within a coulle of days within our (hopefully planned arrival.

Other than that no problems at all uing it.
Mo
  21st of Nov, 2009
We went to a "90" min presentation of MGV what a ripoff. we said we need to go home and think about it and they said you can never have this offer again and can't come back for 10 years. Anyway they did give us a voucher for a cruise. does anyone know if this is valid ? are we going to be paying alot of money in fees???
Vi
  28th of Oct, 2011
we vested time to 120 min presentation of monarch grand vacation and someone talking toooooooooooooooo much and then said you must buy a one program form that company...i wanna 2 words from that company FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU.