Momentum Direct / unauthorized payments!

I too ordered the free trial. I did receive the pills but could not take then because of medication I am taking. I called to cancel right away. The man said ok he would cancel my order. Only thing is two checks had already been written on my account. One for $49.95 and one for $58.95. I wish I had seen the complaint board before ordering. I spoke with my bank and I can contest the charges so that is what I am going to do. I will make a copy of all the complaints to help my case.

Comments

• Va
      5th of Sep, 2007

Hello,

I have recently become a victim of the Momentum Direct scam. I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give. I never ordered their product, but they somehow have gained access to my checking account and they are taking money daily from my account. Thank you!

5th of Sep, 2007

I have run for the office of the President of the USA twice as an Independent. My wife ordered this product and today they cleaned out our account. I assure every one that reads this, I am going to Texas and so is the Federal Marshals. These folks are worse than child molesters and need to be shot as domestic terrorists.

Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

OK so I called this number 281-356-9939 and spoke to Kasey she assures me there will be no more charges and that she will tell Cyber Collect to stop the collection process... so we'll see I'll keep you updated I say we get a class action against these ba***rds.

Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

This company offers a 2 week free trial on a product called the Amazon Diet well before I even get the product they tried to charge me 49.95 well they obviously typed my account number wrong it didn't go through so they turn me over to Cyber Collec collection agency for writing bad checks and charge me 30.00 saying now I owe them 79.95 oh yeah then I do get the product after realizing this is a scam I return the product immediately. I've called and left messages they don't return my calls they even turned me over to the bad check writers database I've never wrote a bad check in my life... at least I have a debit card or I'd probably be screwed. Do not buy from this company they are out to scam you.

April.

6th of Sep, 2007

Same here lucky for me I typed the wrong account number in and they turned me over to a credit collection company saying I owe them 79.95 that's 49.95 for the product I had not even received yet when they tried to take that money out and 30.00 bad check fee, well they can kiss it I'm not paying a dime and I hope they don't figure out my right account number Scammers!!! UGH!!! My bank said the best thing to do is cancel your account if this happens to you and never, ever give your account number and routing number online because a dishonest company can use it over and over again always use your debit card or credit card. Lord I hope I don't have to cancel my account my husband will have a cow... LOL I do know my bank said you can stop payment on the check number and the company or the amount 49.95 but if they use another check number or 49.96 it will go through, but she said if one does go through my account I can dispute it for 25.00 so this totally sux... playing the waiting game to get screwed. I called 281-356-9939 and spoke to Kasey who reassured me she would tell this collection company I've sent the product back and not to put my name on the bad check writer's database etc... like I believe that after reading all of this good grief.

April.

• Ka
      8th of Sep, 2007
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

I did not order any pills and then I receive them. My checking account was charged 3 times, 3 different charges and they used a check number instead of a debit. I had to close my checking account and open another to keep them from charging anymore. After filling out an affidavit from my bank, they did restore the charges and then charged another 58.93. How can they get away with this...

• Ad
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

I was billed $49.95 for a supposed free two week trial. I never received the product and was still billed. I call and get voicemail.

Beware!

• Am
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

I ordered a free trial of Amazaon Diet and received the product. I called the company to cancel the account and return the product. They asked of an order number which was not included in my package and was told I could not cancel the account without this number. I looked the company up on the internet and found various other complaints about unauthorized charges. I called my bank immediately and a charge for 49.95 had been made to my account the same day I tried to cancel. They used a check number that had already legitimately been posted to my account. My bank has sent this back as unauthorized and I had to open a new account to avoid any new charges. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM MOMENTUM DIRECT!!!

10th of Sep, 2007

I got another letter from Cyber Collec today on behalf of Momentum Direct they tried to charge me 54.69 on 8/16/07 just two days after attempted the first charge of 49.95, Thank God they have the wrong account number, these guys are big time scammers...Beware they have several products out there I've found many since I became aware of this company just make sure when you click on the Terms and Conditions who you are dealing with...and look out for there number (281)356-1400

• Ph
      11th of Sep, 2007

My 86 year old, slim father in law received a bill from Momentum Direct, or rather from a bill collector! My father in law does not use a computer and certainly does not need diet pills! When I phoned the bill collector they gave me the phone number for Momentum Direct and I got a phone message. So I decided to check out the company on google and found this site! The check they said my father in law sent is not even from our state! Has the wrong home address on it and the wrong bank! I think they are just trying to pull a fast one on a senior citizen! What else can we do to stop this company??

11th of Sep, 2007

I sent a letter to Cyber Collect today disputing the charges from Momentum Direct, and I also sent a fax to Momentum Direct telling them to cancel my account and quit trying to make unauthorized withdraws from my account or I would take legal action. Everyone keep your paper trail I have emails, letters, phone calls, fax receipts, mail receipts everything I hope we get all this resolved soon this company needs to pay big time. Can anyone say class action.

12th of Sep, 2007

I was charged twicw from this company without my authorization. The used check numbers that had already gone through last month. My bank says they can't do anything about it becuase the payments where already approved. I changed my accout info and will be filling a repot with my local police station. The fact that my bank cashed these checks even though they where duplicates really makes me upset. I don't understand how this is possible?!

• Th
      14th of Sep, 2007

I am a single mom. I live paycheck to paycheck. I was going to try the product, filled every thing out, then changed my mind i went through the whole thing deleting my info, i never pushed the continue key. The heartless [censored] got my info anyways, HOW DID THEY I NEVER SENT IT THROUGH. now try ing to figer out how to pay for the 49.95, i also have to pay the 2 nsf charges for over D. 76.00. i HOPE WE CAN CATCH THESE STUPID CARELESS A**HOLES. MAYBE PUT THEM IN PRISON FOR AWHILE.

• Cr
      14th of Sep, 2007

It's worse than that. I NEVER ordered anything from these people, yet they sent me a package that I never opened. A week later I get a Collection notice from Cybercollect out of LaCrosse WI. Demanding payment on a bogus check from a bank I've never heard of from a state, NE, Ive never been in. I've contacted the police in all of the jusidictions yet no one wants to do anything about this. I'm sure Cybercollect is in on this scam since they're the ones that are demanding the money. This is a federal problem that I am persueing this from as many agencies I can contact

• Mi
      15th of Sep, 2007
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

This company has taken check information from me and has cost me $2000 in one month. They have also forced me to close my checking account. Then they had the gall to send a second check through and then found out the account was closed and then turned that over to a collection service. I hope they enjoy meeting with my attorney in court.

• Li
      16th of Sep, 2007

I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD FOR THESE DIET PILLS BECAUSE I DONOT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THEM YOU WILL NOT GET THE MONEY FROM ME BECAUSE I AM UNEMPLOYEED
    LINDA BECK

• Vi
      19th of Sep, 2007

Add me to the list of people who got screwed. Never received the product and I just got charged a lovely amount of $99.50. @#$%!

• Am
      21st of Sep, 2007

i am having all of the same issues with this company please DO NOT USE THIS AT ALL.. i have now had to cancel my account ....

• Da
      21st of Sep, 2007

I too was a victim of Momentum Direct's scam to rip people off. I was trying to log on to the website provided with the diet pills, but there was no such address. I found this complaint board and numerous others about this company and I got sick to my stomach. After checking my bank account, sure enough $49.95 was taken out of my account. I immediately called my bank and filed a forgery claim. They put a block on my account and I opened a new one. This sucks because my husband and I have direct deposit and it's a pain to have to change accounts. I was fortunate though to catch it in the beginning. I also sent Momentum Direct an email which I called them fraudulent ###! Thank you all for posting your complaints or else I would have been an unsuspecting victim being drained of all my money.

22nd of Sep, 2007

I got a letter today from Cyber Collect who was trying to collect money for Momentum Direct for pills I had already returned with a return receipt, well I faxed Cyber Collect and mailed them a certified letter explaining to them what a fraud and scam this company Momentum Direct is I told them about this site and the BBB so I got this letter today where they have canceled all the claims Momentum Direct had with them and are no longer doing business/collections for Momentum Direct, so take that one Momentum Direct you thieving ###. The company Cyber Collect wrote me a letter apologizes for any inconvenience and told me they regret their involvement with this situation/company. Anyone who is reading this who has ordered any of the products the best thing to do is cancel your account quickly.

April Wood