Momentum Directunauthorized payments!

A

I too ordered the free trial. I did receive the pills but could not take then because of medication I am taking. I called to cancel right away. The man said ok he would cancel my order. Only thing is two checks had already been written on my account. One for $49.95 and one for $58.95. I wish I had seen the complaint board before ordering. I spoke with my bank and I can contest the charges so that is what I am going to do. I will make a copy of all the complaints to help my case.

Rick Hyman Jul 20, 2016

Ordered a 14 day FREE trial product from momentum direct where it says you only have to pay for shipping. The only method of payment they accept is an electronic check. After I had not received anything for a few weeks I tried to contact the company at [protected]. I was kept on hold for over 20 minutes on 2 different calls, with nothing but a message every 10 seconds that says you will be assisted by the next available operator, etc... I finally faxed them but still do not know if I will be billed because my trial period is over (even though I have not yet received sample).

Momentum Direct
    1010 South Magnolia Boulevard
    Magnolia, TX 77355

• Dp
    DPhan May 19, 2012

Momentum Debit Cards is the worst nightmare, they keep and withhold the "Authorization" amounts even the merchants canceled the authorization. So you have less money to spend, following are the direct respond from them,
    "Thank you for contacting customer service. The transaction to which you are referring is a pending transaction, or incomplete transaction, that will automatically return to your card after a pre-determined timeframe if uncollected by the merchant. For standard merchant pre-authorizations, the period of time before automatic removal is 11 days. Authorizations from car rental agencies have 30 days and hotel authorizations have 61 days before they are automatically removed. To have a pending authorization removed from your account prior to the automatic removal, please contact the merchant and request that they send us a fax on their letterhead to [protected] including all of the following information: - Their merchant ID number - Your name and the last 8 digits of your card number - The date and amount of the authorization to be released. - The Authorization ID numbers of any authorizations needing to be released - A brief statement giving us permission to release the authorization - A brief statement giving the reason for releasing the authorization Upon receipt of the completed fax we will remove any pending authorizations from your account by the end of the day. When you are looking to have a car rental authorization released, please have the merchant include a copy of the Final Rental Agreement. When you are looking to have a hotel authorization released, please have the merchant include a copy of your folio. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us further. Thank You, [email protected] www.momentumcard.com Toll-Free Account Information Line: [protected] Customer Service: [protected]. "

• Sh
    Sheila F Apr 29, 2011

This company has charged me 176.00 twice within ten days without my permission if anyone has information please contact me.

RIPPEDOFFBY Aug 08, 2009

THEY NOW HAVE NEW COMPANIES: BIGBLUEHOSTING.NET (NOT BIGBLUEHOST.COM WHO IS LEGIT)
    FREEAFFILIATEINSIDER.COM, SET UP FREE AFFILIATE WEBSITES FOR DIET NICHE BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT UNDER BIG BLUE AND THEN THEY STEAL YOU DOMAIN NAME
    OH, NEW NAME MICHAEL BEESON

Sam Jun 29, 2009

I don't know how they got my account number but they made five withdrawals between 11/07/07-1/03/08.

11/07/07 $ 7.74
    12/03/07 $49.95
    12/08/07 $58.93
    12/10/07 $58.93
    01 /03/08 58.93D.

Beware people!

• Tw
    twagner Feb 14, 2009

How do I stop this short of closing my account? I have sent product back...called and spoke to people who don't speak english and they again this month took more cash from my account!

Help!!!

[email protected]

marceyla hamilton Feb 03, 2009

I saw an advertisement on the diet product and ordered. I ordered by checking account, however never received the momtum product. I then seen antoher billing on my bank statment, and I called and spoke to a representive on March 7, 2008, I was told that I would be reimbursed in 30 days in the amount 117.86. The representive gave me an conformation number [protected]. Still I have rceived any refund. And I have made several attempts to contact them but only receive voicemail. I am not getting any correspondance from the company.

Latrice Nov 16, 2008

This company keeps sending me pacakges and debiting my account. In a three week period I had unauthorized charges and no product. I did a block against the company and would still received shipments. Even after I closed my account I was still getting product in a matter of days apart and dated 7/21/08 it is November.

I first complained about this company on 07/28/08.

The company has used the name Momentum Direct.
    Sometimes the bill says Momemtum or 2DaySlimDown.
    But all have the address of
    1010 S. Magnolia Blvd. Magnolia TX 77355.

The number that I called would have a pre-recorded message that would keep you on hold and then keep repeating over and over again. This company has complaints as far back as 2006, why are they still allowed to continue to rip people off?

Other sites I have complained to are www.complaints.com

• Lo
    Lorraine Mineweaser Nov 10, 2008

The company listed above has been sending thier product to me and decuting my personal account without my approval.

• Pr
    Priscilla Walker Nov 06, 2008

Ordered a free bottle of momentum direct. Received it and then no others but got charged out of my checking account for over $450.00. Have called and they said they would refund but never have. What a frod.

• Je
    Jess Oct 20, 2008

EVERYONE IS RIGHT this happened to me a few months ago... i had a baby and wanted to lose weight so tried but product was disgusting so i attempted to cxl but its IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of anyone... SCAM. on top of it b Of A informed me that "momentum direct" charged over $500 to my account when i only recieved 1 crappy half filled cotainer of god knows whats in it powder!!! i had to go through alot of trouble to get my money back the bank was able to fix after finding out this company is a SCAM!!!

• Ca
    Carroll Gregory Oct 15, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me. On 8/29/08 I canceled my order with Amazon Diet and was given a confirmation number. I received another shipment from them on 9/3/08. I returned it to them on 9/5/08 and was given another number. The charge was for $149.90. I have called this number [protected]. So far nothing.

Erin Oct 15, 2008

I completely agree! they did the same thing to me! I lost hundreds of dollars, my account kept on going into the negatives, and I never got anything or any of my money back! I had to close my account!

• Un
    unknown Oct 13, 2008

Have no fear...the company has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar by Harris County Attorney General's office...be patient...they will get their day in court. Oh, by the way...one of the owners is a Montgomery County Constable!!!

• Valerie Oct 13, 2008

I was charged $149.90 by that company even though i do not even remember ordering the product. Actually i had ordered another product " Amazon diet" from them, and had also canceled, and returned the product. So, i was surprised, when i got another bottle of "2 day slimdown" from them on Sept 11th.

However i shipped it back to them on the same day, and i thought that was the end of it. But today i checked my bank account, and was shocked to see that i had been charged $149.90 by them.

I have been trying to contact them, but no one answers the phone, and also no replies to my emails. I called my bank, but they say that since i had given them my account info, they cannot consider it as fraud, and will not file a claim. I finally had to close my account, and open a new one.

This unauthorised debit, has really hit me hard. Does anyone know how to get my money back? And any newbies stay away from this site, or you will be scammed too.

Era Koontz Oct 07, 2008

They are a bunch of mess. and God is going to take care of them (amen)

Era Koontz Oct 07, 2008

I am a 66 years old woman and I am also a victim of this same compan. I have a friend that works in the attorney General office, I called her and he is having me come to his office in the morning because he has a friend that he states work for the Internet Crime (associate) with the FBI will be glad to take this case especally me being a senior citzen and that took my moneythe way they did. So I will keep you all postedon the out come. My bank told me how they did it. They used the $5.00 electronic check I, sent them for shipping and handling and turn it into 149.90 instead they are scrammer. But believe me they will be caught and soon. God don't like ugly and very little prett. I will keep you all posted on the outcome and anything that will be of help to you. May God have mercy on us all by his grace we are save.

madonna noecker Sep 25, 2008

I don't know how to stop them. I went to my bank. but they keep getting threw the blocks. When you call the number for customer svs, they say lines are overloaded and cut you off..

Mary Glasier Sep 15, 2008

Your company allowed an unauthorized check to be accepted from my fiancee's bank account in my name (Mary Glasier). I do not understand how this could of happen when I did not order anything from you, All we are asking is to be reinburst the $ 149.90 because that has caused great financially stress on us . Further more I do understand that you do not know who is filling out the check information, but in my situation I can not write checks on my fiancee's bank account no one can. Could you please contact me at [protected] I will look forward to hearing from you very soon. Thank you
    Need this taken care of as soon as possible.

• Ka
    Katie Thompson Aug 13, 2008

I realized that I had weekly payments debited out of my account for $58.93 by a check for at least the last three months, possibly longer. I called my bank and they were able to do a stop payment and waived the fee for me and then had to freeze my account and I had to open a new one. They've submitted a claim - we'll see if I get my money back..

• Gi
    G. Isabelle Aug 12, 2008

I just received a package from them with a "free" sample and a fake paypal receipt for a "subscription" to their product. The difference with me is that I've never heard of them nor have I ever tried to order anything from them. I just wonder where they got my name and address! Obviously they are trying to steal my information by getting me to sign up to a fake paypal account to cancel the subscription to their product. What a bunch of scammers... its infuriating!

I think I will go to the post office and report them as it came through the USPS. There's got to be a way to report this as it came through the US Mail.

• Co
    colleen sarvis Aug 06, 2008

Never heard of momentum direct and was charged 149.90 to my account. How they even got it, i don't know. It caused two overdraft charges so far.

• Qi
    qiana Aug 02, 2008

i can't believe that these people are still in business after all these complaints of fraud and they are still ripping people off. I will make sure that they can't get anything else from me or any body else i know and they are full of crap and should be prosecuted.

• Tr
    Trisha reyes Aug 01, 2008

Not even sure of website - charges showing up on bank stmt from what i do not know - am calling 800 number to chew out someone.

• Et
    Etta Jul 30, 2008

CHARGED 149.00 ON MY BANK CARD FOR FREE SHIPPING OF PRODUCT/

Latrice Jul 28, 2008

Claim to hurry for a limited time offer.

According to website:
    "Our no risk money back guarantee.

We have a not questions asked policy, if you are unsatisfatied simply return your bottles."

Latrice Jul 28, 2008

they get you to try your first bottle for free

2-Day SlimDown
    1010 S Magnolia Boulevard Magnolia TX 77355
    ph [protected] fax [protected]
    Email [email protected] <[email protected]>

Latrice Jul 28, 2008

There are two websites for this company.

www.momentumdirect.net
    www.momentumdirect.com

Latrice Jul 28, 2008

Keep debiting my account.

Rec'd another shipment of product unauthorized in mail on 07/26/08. With Momemtum Direct and Date of 05/412/2008. $49.95 with $8.98 shipping. Grand total of $58.93.

This is the 2nd shipment. I tried returning the 1st shipment but unsuccessful.

Tried calling the number and the message repeats itself over and over again.

• Ka
    Karen Jul 26, 2008

We just found out we have been charged $650 since November, when I called and was assured that my account was cancelled, and I was removed from the system. After having read all these complaints, I just cannot believe that no agency has shut this company down. I have lodged a complaint with the Houston BBB, and the Momentumdirect "complaint dept". HA. I'm sure that will do nothing, but I plan to call the Houston BBB on the phone this week, in addition to the online complaint.

• Li
    Linda Jul 23, 2008

This company is a complete fraud. They have many different websites for this same copany. The 2day diet and the amazon diet are the two that I have delt with in the past. Has anybody had any results regarding receiving a refund? It has been over a year for me and Ihave still not received a thing.

Rita Jul 22, 2008

This company is fraudulent, and has systematically, illegally, and criminally withdrawn over $1, 100.00 from my account, taking three and four payments a month. The bank is investigating, but this company has been doing this to consumers for years. They are shrewed and cunning. Had they not gotten greedy and made three withdrawals in the same week, they may have continued to go unnoticed as I have many ACH debits. I have been forced to close my checking account as that is the only way to stop them. They are THIEVES AND CRIMINALS. I am an attorney and a victim of Momentum Direct's FRAUD and if anyone on this site is engaged in litigation, please contact me by replying. I am planning on suing.

Rita Jul 22, 2008

They have fraudulently systematically withdrawn over $1, 100.00 from my account, never sending any products. They are thieves.

• Me
    Merlin Fields Jul 14, 2008

I WAS SCAMMED TOO!!

• Pi
    PISSED OFF Jul 14, 2008

I, like many others was charged fraudulent charges and have talk to them many times about getting a refund and keep getting the run arounds. So my bank advised me to file a police report and I will be contacting the Better Business Beauru. I am taking legal actions against them. If anyone else would like to get in on suing this company please let me know @ [email protected] a.s.a.p.

James Mason Jul 03, 2008

Robert Jones has had a history of unethical business practices. Back in 1995 he started a company called "American Dream Company". Promising a "Guaranteed $1, 000 A Month" or your money back. After purchasing a BMW with the members subscriptions he closed the doors.

So it is no surprise that 13 years later he continues to act in this way.

I strongly believe the only way to deter this history of illegal behavior is to incarcerate Mr. Jones. Based on his past history it is clear that these drafts against cancelled accounts were deliberate with a true intent to defraud.

• Al
    alexis Jul 02, 2008

Also you can file a complaint the Federal Trade Commission online at www.ftc.gov/ftc/cmplanding.shtm. The more complaints we send them maybe the faster we can shut them down. Also email the attorney general at [email protected] Good luck everyone!

• Al
    alexis Jul 02, 2008

A number you can contact them at is [protected]. They took over $400 out of my account and were in no way authorized to do so. I have called three times and they keep saying they will send me a check, however the first call was made in March and they promised me a check in ten days, it's now July...

• Da
    Daisy Jul 02, 2008

I work for a bank and have a customer currently disputing items for this company. This person states that they purchased a free trial item for approximately $10 for the shipping and handling. The person never got their product and Momentum Direct continually charges this person every 10-13 days for around $58. They are unable to get hold of anybody at this company, surprise surprise...I was shocked to see the number of complaints on this company and wonder how they are still able to do business.

• De
    Deb Jul 01, 2008

I canceled my order after receiving the 2-day slim that did not work.My checking was debited 3 times for $58.93. The first time I called was in April, 2008 And was told that I would get a refund in 30 days and also got a reference number. I called in May, I was told the same thing. Called in June no answer. This company is ripping people off. They took money from my account 3 times in April and made up the check numbers!

Don't use this company ever!!!