Mni*creditreport.com / Checking account being charged without authorization

On 3/11/2007 I ordered 3 different credit reports. I assumed that this was a respectable company and ordered them off of MMI*CreditReport.com Apparently I was mistaken. On 4/12/2007 I received 3 different charges to my checking account for additional charges of $29.85 (3X $9.95) which I did not approve. (I only approved one time charges) (I did not approve a monthly charge attached to my checking account)

I would appreciate if these charges and any future charges were taken of my checking account immediately before this letter is sent to The Better Business Bureau, The Consumer Protection Agency, Google, & MSN. If a person is signing up for a long term commitment these terms should be stated on the front page not in fine print.

661 Colony Drive
York, Pa 17404

A  15th of Apr, 2007 by
I ordered the service back in October 2006. I called in to cancel my service in November of 2006. I noticed that as of February 2007, the charge for this service was still hitting my checking account. I contacted my bank to request cancellation of the draft, well wouldn't you know it, my account was drafted again for the service. I called once more on yesterday, April 15, 2007, they claim that my service is once again cancelled. They also claim that there was no previous record of cancellation on record, I have proof on my cell phone bill that I called the 800 number.
A  23rd of Apr, 2007 by
I NEVER authorized any report or service[s] from MNI*CreditReport.com and they charged approx $40 on my credit card. This is FRAUD. It is a scam and I am reporting them to my credit card.
A  15th of Nov, 2007 by
I have never heard of this company, and they somehow got a hold of my account information and charged my account for $29.95. I am completely upset. I want it corrected immediately!!! What a scam!!!
A  27th of Nov, 2007 by
This company is a flat out scam. I signed up for the trial, cancelled... and they continued charging me.

Their scam is, they charge you and then when (if) you call to complain, they'll remove it.. assuming you have the confirmation numbers they WON'T email to you.

AVOID THIS at all costs and warn anyone considering this mistake.
A  6th of Dec, 2007 by
This company lives off sneaking consumers into extra charges. I went to order my credit score for $11:95, once I put in my information next thing I know I am ordering 3 credit scores for $29.95. I called their customer service line to make sure I was not charged for the $29.95 and the support lady confirmed I would not be charged. Then 3 days later I was charged. Called back and talked to 1 tech 3 supervisors and was hung up on once. They will not reverse any charges. If anybody else has any ideas please let me know. Also here is the number for them. 800-720-4420. Angela 643 is the supervisor I talked to who was rude and her supervisor is Rapheal, who was already gone for the day.
N  17th of Dec, 2007 by
I have had the same thing done to me and i have called in and they said that they could only give me a 9 dollar refund because my report is incomplete so i spoke with a manager and i told them to cancel the services and they said that they did and now i check my account a month later and i am STILL being charged for the services i am highly upset and I am calling them againt o see if i can get my FULL refund for EVERYTHING if anyone could provided any numbes to have this fixed i would apperciate it i feel really stupid now to say the least.
N  9th of Jan, 2008 by
I am right there with you. Do not order from this company!!! I ordered a 'one-time credit report' for $24.95 for both myself and husband. Then before I was aware of what they were doing several months went by and they were charging my credit card for ongoing monthly service (this is an email you get once a month that says how many people have accessed your credit report during that month) for $9.95 X 2 each month. When I called to tell them that I did not authorize such charges, they insisted it was there on the screen.

What can be done about this, and is there a reputable company where one can order credit reports without hidden/deceptive fees?
A  10th of Jan, 2008 by
I was scammed by creditreport.com as well. Just nervous now that a crooked company has
all of my personal information. Especially with identity theft on the rise. If anyone knows who to call to protect ourselves please send information.
N  6th of Mar, 2008 by
I've never heard of this company and never had any credit reports of any kind but I've found money is being taken from my account! I have no idea where they got my information but I want it to stop!!! My husband and I have never used this company!!!
N  21st of Apr, 2008 by
I recently whent to your e-mail address. I did not complete the information. I then called one of your reps and asked him to cancel the $29.95 charge to my MBNA Visa card, lasst four 0321. Today, I have a pending charge of $29.95. Please remove this charge. Thanks, Douglas Reid
A  1st of Jul, 2008 by
I just realized I was getting charged from my checking account as well. I never authorized this. I want these charges removed from my account immediately. I also want to be reimbursed for these charges. I got overdraft charges on my account due to this. Who is going to reimburse me for that?
A  2nd of Jul, 2008 by
I also ordered a one time credit report and I am seeing monthly charges on my checking account. I need to know how to stop this. I didn't sign up for any monthly service and I am being charged a fee. I expect to be reimbursed for this. Jill
A  20th of Jul, 2008 by
This company is a flat out scam. This company told me that I would recieve a free annual credit report but I still got charged the fee of 24.95. you could image me going off when I saw this price on my bank statement especailly when I told it was free. I feel like if it wasnt free then it should ran across the page saying this credit report is not free. but instead the company say it was free till 30 day. But I was charged the next day after. Something really need to be done about this Cant we flag there site so they don't pull anymore scam on anybody. cause this is redicilous.
D  31st of Jul, 2008 by
I want everyone on this site that read this remark to go to the first page of the website and read what it says in the large blue box on the left hand side of the page carefully...There will be a monitoring service along with the credit repot. There will be a 30 day free trial. It will cost said amount. You must call to cancel. Also you MUST agree to the terms and conditions in the disclaimer before you can even SEE your credit report. So, by agreeing to the terms and conditions you also agree to what is on the first page of the website. In response to the credit reports that are purchasable: you are forewarned in the top corner of the page when you are about to order the credit report in the shopping cart what the price is and how long it is good for. They only offer 1 free credit report per year. If you try to get a new credit report within that years' time, you will have to pay for that credit report. Good rule of thumb to follow: if you have to put your credit card # in anywhere on any website, chances are you will have to cancel something before you get charged.
A  5th of Aug, 2008 by
I call on everyone here to call the Federal Trade Commision at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) to file a complaint against creditreport.com's fraudulent activities.

I cancelled my subscription with creditreport.com a month ago, and today they charged my debit card again. I called them and, after a long run-around, a supervisor told me that it was a "system error". After reading a lot of similar reports on consumer protection websites, I was convinced that this was not a coincidence and that this website is actively engaging in large scale fraud, by continuing to charge customers who have not signed up, who have cancelled subscriptions, and by all sorts of charges unauthorized by customers. I called the Federal Trade Commision and they filed my complaint. They are more likely to take action if they receive a large number of complaints against this website. So, please, help stop these scam artists by calling that number.
N  17th of Aug, 2008 by
I've not been able to get my credit report. I can't find a way to cancel or to call them.
A  18th of Sep, 2008 by
A fee of $12.95 appeared out of nowhere on our credit card statement for four months. It is removed each time since we dispute the charge but how many people dont even notice??
I made the mistake of calling them and tried to cancel that fee and in order to do that gave them my credit card number... Unfortunately, I read all of those messages afterwards. Too late. Anyway, definitely, there are scam artists. How came the FTC is not going after them??
A  29th of Sep, 2008 by
I ordered my credit report in May and now on September 29th I looked at my bank account and there was a charge for this credit report again. I didn't authorize any charges except for theinital charge back in May.

A  13th of Oct, 2008 by
N  13th of Oct, 2008 by
The same happened to me. Charges are appearing out of the blue on my bank statement. To cancel the so called “monitoring service” it is a nightmare to get hold of somebody with the power to cancel the charges . Their website site says that these charges will occur on a monthly basis and if you request a credit report you would have to cancel within 7 days. Call them, cancel the account with them and the charges, take the loss but make the effort to contact the Trade Commission.