Mitchum Deodorant / Crumbles immediately!

1 Salem, NH, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased 2 new Mitchum Smart Solid Deodorants - one for Men and one for Women. Both crumbled into pieces after one week of use! These were brand new stock from my local chain pharmacy! I am very disappointed as these deodorants are more expensive than my usual SpeedStick.

Comments

18th of Mar, 2008

The last three sticks of Mitchum have crumbled on me also and I am having a hard time finding a number to call them re customer complaints.

11th of Apr, 2008

The same thing happened to my Mitchum Smart Solid. I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the web site for Revlon where they list the deodorant as their product! Very frustrating to spend that kind of money and then lose half the stick!!!

28th of Apr, 2008

Yes, this has happened to me as well, broken into little piesces half way trough. I was stupid enough to buy another one! We need a rufund or coupon for the 'rollon.'

• Ar
      7th of May, 2008

I bought the Mitchum Smart Solid for women. I didn't get to use half of the stick because I develop painful blisters in some areas of my armpits. The blisters look like burnt skin. I discontinued the item for about 5 days now but I still have the blisters. I need to get in touch with that company in the event I have to reach them for some kind of compensation.

12th of May, 2008

I purchased the Mitchum Smart Solid for women last week, and I am extremely disappointed. It's twice the cost of my usual deodorant, and I cannot bear to use the stuff because of it's sticky consistency. It's uncomfortable to apply due to the fact that it grabs the skin of my underarm, and it stays tacky even after it dries. Don't waste your money!

• Li
      22nd of Jun, 2008

HI ALL: The very same thing happened to me. I purchased Mitchum, unscented solid
    and it crumbled when I tried to use it. I had to throw it out!

Did anyone get an address or website or phone # where we can receive a refund.
    You all, are right - it's just too expensive to throw out.

6th of Sep, 2008

After about three uses it broke off about 1/3 down. Please come out with a "New Unimproved" version. I have been unable to buy the old version. I now have a rash under my arms that came on after using the new product.

22nd of Sep, 2008

This is my third and LAST Smart Solid deodorant stick for women that I'll be purchasing.
    After a few uses, the top crumbles and falls off!. The white chunks get all over the floor and in the carpet. I've tried picking up larger pieces and sticking them back on, but that doesn't work.
    What in the world is wrong with this stuff? I bought it because it was the best rated deodorant to use with black clothing. I have been satisfied with the lack of white streaks on my clothes. But this falling apart deal is unacceptable.

• Pe
      13th of Oct, 2008

I too find Mitchum to be very effective, but with the last two sticks I purchased I broke off a significant amount just taking off the protective top. I also have been unable to find anyplace on the Revlon site where they admit to produce Mitchum although ther is a number on the package.

• Er
      1st of Nov, 2008

I was just on the Internet trying to find the website for Revlon for this VERY PROBLEM when I came across this website. I am blown away that so many people had the same problem as me! I have been using the gel for years but saw the smart solid UNSCENTED one day and bought EIGHT of them! Each one crumbled but I kept thinking "I guess you rolled it too high AGAIN...better learn your lesson." and would try another.

Well, I am finally done with all eight and the ONLY one that didn't crumble was the one I bought by mistake which was Smart Solid Greenwood scent. I decided it really could not be all me and went to look for Revlon's web site. I will post it if I actually find it. I am so annoyed. I have been a Mitchum girl for 25 years.

• Er
      1st of Nov, 2008

The regular www.revlon.com site doesn't even MENTION Mitchum deoderant. But here is an address and names from Yahoo Finance... For what these executives are making, you would think they wouldn't come out with a product as bad as this one.

Revlon Inc.
    237 Park Avenue
    New York, NY 10017
    United States - Map
    Phone: 212-527-4000
    Fax: 212-527-4130
    Web Site: http://www.revlon

Mr. David L. Kennedy, 61
    Chief Exec. Officer, Pres, Director, Chief Exec. Officer of Products Corp., Pres of Products Corp. of Products Corp. $ 2.11M N/A
    Mr. Alan T. Ennis, 37
    Chief Financial Officer, Exec. VP, Chief Financial Officer of RCPC, Chief Accounting Officer of RCPC, Exec. VP of RCPC and Corp. Controller of RCPC $ 577.00K N/A
    Mr. Robert K. Kretzman, 56
    Chief Legal Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Exec. VP of HR, Sec. and Gen. Counsel $ 989.00K N/A
    Mr. Carl Kooyoomjian, 60
    Exec. VP of Technical Affairs and Worldwide Operations N/A N/A
    Mr. Paul Murphy,
    Exec. VP of North America Customer Sales, Marketing and Merchandising

• We
      7th of Nov, 2008

I love the deoderant but the same problem, every
    time it breaks into pieces on me

• Ka
      10th of Nov, 2008

I just went on line to try and find a contact number and came up with all you many people having the same problem. It falls apart and is sticky, sticky, sticky!!! They should definitely issue refunds!

• Di
      15th of Nov, 2008

Like those already posted, I've had the same experience of the crumbling. Bought the second stick and had the same thing happen. As was said above, I've been a Mitchum user for more years than I can remember. I'm not ready -- yet! -- to give up on Mitchum (in my opinion there is no substitute) but getting closer. Many things that claim "new and improved" aren't.

BTW, I'm not related to the CEO, David Kennedy.

18th of Nov, 2008

I have used mitchum solid ever since it came out. I do like it because it works well but anymore when you start using it, it brakes off and it is to expensive to have to keep buying it when your on a fixed income. I hate to change at my age since it works so well for me.Thank you

• Bj
      16th of Jan, 2009

I have used this product for many years. After not being able to find the old solid green package, I bought 2 "Smart Solid" and the problem began. It brakes off in pieces and I have gotten a bad rash (no extra charge). The need to go back to their original formula for the product -- that's what works! It is very interesting that myself and all other interested parties can not locate a way to contact Revlon on this matter.

• Ka
      6th of Feb, 2009

I too have bought the Mitchum Smart Solid for women and found it to crumble, my product was about half used when it started to break apart. I have used this product many times before and never encountered this problem. The expiry date on my container is EXP10JL . This to my understanding is that the product should last until the expiry date or until finished by the consumer. I will probably not buy this product again although I did like it and it worked well for me. Kathy MacKenzie, Guelph Ontario

• Ni
      10th of Feb, 2009

Ok ladies... I finally found a phone number to contact Mitchum about their lousy product! Make sure to save the deoderant because they will only refund your money if you have the code on the bottom of the tube.

1-800-437-8566

Good luck!

• Ki
      6th of May, 2009

Same thing happened to me with three that I purchased, what a mess they make on the bathroom floor. They really have a bad formula in that stuff. I called the number on the product, 1-888-864-8248 and they are sending me one replacement because I threw the others away and, like the comment above, they need the code on the bottom.

• Je
      6th of May, 2009

Wow, your power pits destroyed your deodorant! Just playing:) Write a letter complaining to them, they take letters far more seriously. They will, lmao, send you coupons for more though.