Midland Mortgage / Fraud and cheating
Our mortgage was sold by GMAC to Midland Mortgage in November 2008. I have never ever dealt with a company as heartless and unwilling to even take calls or money as this company. I call them daily to try to discuss a work out solution for our mortgage, offering cash for a forbearance plan that they suggested. The amount they want changes constantly and now they hang up on me after passing me from one non-knowing customer service rep to another.
All I wanted to know is, what we owe on the house and how much they claim we are past due. After notifying us with one figure, they claimed we had money sitting in escrow so would owe less. Then when it came time to wire the funds, the number changed by 3, 000 more. No explanation - they don't know why? At this point, we are days from loosing our home, have the money to send but are afraid it won't get applied and we will be out the money and our house.
With everything in the news about how there are so many programs and banks are supposed to be helping people keep their homes, someone needs to tell this to Midland. I feel it should be illegal for them to hold the mortgage on your home and not be willing to service it according to law. I feel like I want to say forget it, they can have this house - since they won't even answer any questions or give me an accurate figure. That only hurts me.
I am sure there have to be others. Our loan is a FHA loan and it seems there should be guidelines they have to follow? This whole thing is unbelievable, that they should be in business. I would be willing to join a lawsuit.
More Midland Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Midland Mortgage - Rip off 
- Midland Mortgage Company - Fraud and scam 
- Midland Mortgage - WILL NOT RELEASE INSURANCE FUNDS FOR REPAIRS 
- Midland Mortgage - Terrible company 
- Midland Mortgage - Stay away from them
- Midland Mortgage - short sale
- Midland Mortgage - Loss draft department
- Midland Mortgage Company - taking money and not using towards principal
- Midland Mortgage - Not honoring house note agreement
- Midland Mortgage - Systematically Misinforms Loan Modification Applicants