Michael Kors / regarding ticket #2541781

Sub: paying harassment as price for buying Michael Kors

Hello

I picked up 3 articles of Michael Kors in Venice at Campo San Moise close to Piazza San Marco on 16 or 17th of May 2017 and the mail is regarding an irreparable defect in one. The following are the details of that article:

31S7GMDL2L
NS-1612 S17
Made in China, Michael Kors

To my utter surprise I faced the problem with the product on the very 3rd day of its use. The clip holding the long belt came out and the bag fell out of my shoulder. I surely do not expect a low quality like this from MK especially when I have picked up a limited edition bag.

With great disappointment I am writing this mail wherein as a customer I feel I have been cheated and harassed by a brand like Michael Kors.

I showed it to the authorized store of Michael kors in Delhi India and they said it is irreparable and it's a defect in the product. Since the bag was purchased in Europe and is VAT free product, they could not help us and told me to write to MK.

I wrote a mail to MK on 27th Aug 2017 to which they reverted on 28th Aug saying they are feeling sorry about it and I must send the details like the style number, name of the store, purchase receipt etc. along with the pictures of the product highlighting the area of concern. I sent them all the details along with the pictures on 10th September 2017, to which they replied on 12th September saying they need 3-5 business days to revert. They never responded till 20th September and I wrote a mail again on 20th showing my concern over the delay. I received a mail on 23rd September saying that they have sent pictures to the QA department and would soon contact me.

On 26th September they reverted back saying " to get started, please ship us your handbag to our offices for inspection. Upon receipt, our Quality Assurance team will perform a thorough evaluation to determine if it can be repaired. If we determine that it can't be repaired, we'll replace it with the same item if available, or contact you to offer options for a similar replacement. Please allow 3-5 days from the time we received your package to get an email with our determination and next steps.

Please include the following when returning your product:
• The completed attached form
• A copy of your receipt or card statement (if available)

Please note that if we determine your item cannot be repaired, and a replacement option is offered, we won't return the product to you. Therefore, by sending us your product along with the completed, signed, and dated form you agree to this policy.

At this time, our warranty process does not cover costs associated with shipping items to our facility. For more information regarding our warranty service, visit us at www.michaelkors.com."

I responded back to the mail on 27th September saying:

"Please refer to the following points:
1. I sincerely thought that Michael Kors is an A class product giving some product guarantee.
2. Michael Kors should talk to the New Delhi branch for a customer service, as it's easier for me to handover the bag here.
3. It would be difficult for me to pack the bag in such a way that it reaches you undamged.
4. Who would be bearing the shipping charges? I certainly did not buy an expensive stuff like that, which was found to be faulty product, to ship it back and bear the charges as well...
5. I mentioned it in my previous mails about my husbands travel and if anything could be done on those lands.

Kindly consider the above points for keeping up with the name of Michael Kors."

I was sent a mail on 29th September which sought a bit solace since it said "Hello Parul,

Thank you for contacting Michael Kors.

We sincerely apologize for the error in the previous email.

We're excited to offer you warranty coverage for your handbag. However, before we can proceed, we're requesting that you please provide the following: photos showing that your handbag has been destroyed, your shipping address and contact phone number.

At your earliest convenience, please respond with the requested information and we'll be in touch shortly to provide you with the next steps in our warranty process.

We value your relationship with MICHAEL KORS and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service. If you have any questions or require additional assistance, simply reply to this email or contact us by phone at 866.709.KORS."

4th October 2017 I receive a mail saying "Thank you for your continued patience with Michael Kors.

At this time to further assist, we would like you to destroy the handbag you currently have. Cut an "X" into it on both sides with a razor blade. Take pictures of it afterwards and email them to us. Once we see the old handbag is destroyed we will send out the new one. This process is followed with international customers instead of asking you to pay expensive shipping fees.

If you have any questions or require additional assistance, simply reply to this email or contact us by phone at 866-709-KORS seven days a week.

Best,

Jarlin D.
Consumer Support"

I was travelling at that time but reverted to them on 5th November showing my concern over not being able to destroy the bag at that time, to which they replied on 6th October "Dear Parul,

Thank you for contacting Michael Kors. We value your relationship with Michael Kors and are committed to provide you with the highest level of service.

No worries, as soon as you get back, please send us the pictures of your handbag destroyed.

If you have additional questions please reply to this email or call us at 866-709-KORS."

On October 11th I damaged my bag and sent mail along with the pictures attached.

On October 13th MK again wrote me a mail "Hello Parul,

Thank you for your patience with our warranty process.

We're excited to offer you warranty coverage for your handbag as it appears defective. Currently, our international warranty process requires you to destroy your handbag to unusable means in order to remove it from circulation. The fortunate part is replacement offers are available to ship to your country.

Before we can proceed, we're requesting that you please provide the following:
• Photos showing that your handbag has been destroyed with a large "X" shaped cut out on the entire body both front and back. It's imperative that the handbag be destroyed.
• Contact information: (shipping address and phone number)
Please note, Michael Kors items received in our Warranty & Repair department are always destroyed the same as we have asked you. Our warranty department is unable to ship replacements to businesses, school campuses, nor P.O. Boxes. All instructions listed are standard for our Warranty & Repair Guidelines.

On October 15th I damaged my bag further and sent pictures and wrote a mail saying "Hi
I'm sending the pictures of my thoroughly damaged bag. I hope this time it should satisfy the company's policies and norms. Or else I can go to the authorised store of MK at New Delhi and get it vouched from there that the bag is damaged beyond repair now.
I think a further delay would rather kill my desire to carry this bag.
Thanks"

AFTER WHICH MK HAS NEVER REVERTED.

I wrote a mail on 18th October in despair saying "Hi
I'm writing this mail in complete disappointment and despair. MK is now a brand known to me as a complete unprofessional brand. Having exchanged so many mails including the ones in which I have sent pics of my totally damaged bag, Mk has not been able to deliver services as promised. A bag worth 36K Indian rupees is not a small amount that I paid and I don't even know whether i would be happy carrying this bag. Don't know how MK would justify its delay and satisfy its customer.
It's a shame."

And today is 29th October, there has been no response.

Dr Parul G Wadhwani