MetroPCS / where's my rebate?

Pinole, CA, United States Review updated:

P. O. Box 910, bensenville, il 60106
Bensenville, new york
United states
Phone: [protected]

I had purchased a metropcs cell phone on march, and they informed me that i could get a rebate back if i fill out the form and mail it to: samsung / metropcs march messaging mania, p. O. Box 910, bensenville, il 60106. Must be postmarked by 5 / 12 / 10 and received by 5 / 19 / 10. Allow 10 weeks for shipment. I filled out the form and mailed it before the due date on the month of march. Today, is 6 / 25 / 2010 and i haven't got anything yet from this company. No rebate!!
This is 'false advertisement!'
Can someone investiage this issue?

Comments

• Dw
      Jul 02, 2008
    METROPCS&INSURRANCE COMPANY - MY CELL PHONE NEEDS FIX
    12616 PADDISON
    Norwalk
    Phone: 562-219-8921
    HTTP;//WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DWD1961

MY I REPEAT MY HUAWEI M318 CELL PHONE HAS A BIG BLACK FOOTBALL ON THE SCREEN OF MY PHONE I CAN'T READ MY TEXT MESSAGE OR THE PHONE NUMBERS OF PEOPLE WHO CALL ME ..I REPEAT BECAUSE OF THIS BIG BLACK FOOTBALL ON MY SCREEN THAT BLOCKS ME ..THANKS METRO PCS & INSURRANCE FOR TREATING US CUSTOMERS # 1 ...CHANGE YOUR WAYS YA RIGHT

• Ru
      Aug 21, 2008
    Metro Pcs - raul
    dallas

authority on the matter when I call the Dallas police and he lied like a chicken he is.But I did tell him I needed my money back and front other customers.I said "Give me my money back you stole my money.At first when went over to resolve the matter with him, he was trying to say that corp.took your money.And thinks that my forehead says stupid .So he tryed to play games with me, but Im 53yrs old for his little games.He tried to turn the monitor over so I could see it.Raul log to a little screen to look back on his inventory, but he kept going to month of Julyof 2008.Later I notice that the screen said July, and i told him five times that why he kept going to July, that this matter happen in June of 2008 he did this five times, this Happen other times also on rfive other visits with him.I made and faxed some documents to customer service and even talked to other customer service at Metro pcs until now i have not gotten a resonse from them.You see people these people dont care about giving you your money back they are independen companies not related with metro, that puts a bad name the metro company.I hope could try to resolve this matter as soon as possible, or get my money back or start my services back on for free for at lease one month.But i will let the consumers know if it worked out trying to lpay their games.OR I will bring charges against them for stealing my money for theft!

• Br
      Aug 29, 2008

You sound like a COMPLETE IDIOT. You're 53 years old and cannot spell and complete a sentence. It sounds like you get the service you deserve.

• Cg
      Apr 11, 2017
    Best Best Advice

@Bret What does age, misspelling and incomplete sentences have to do with poor customer service? You're the ### for your response. Thank you and have a nice day.

Mar 04, 2009
    Metro Pc Store - bad service
    Metro PC
    4700 El Camino Real
    Los Altos
    California

When I went to the store to get help they could not help me a guy name Josh and the other girl where laughing and being very rude I dont think I should be treated that way if I am providing my services there. I was being disrespected and I did not apreiciate it. Im trying to manke a complain but nobody is giving me a number to call so they would stop with that service

• Tm
      Sep 08, 2009
    MetroPCS - employee abuse
    Oakland
    Phone: 510-677-6699

An MetroPCS employee is abusing their responsibilities by turning off accounts without the account owner's permission.

•   Sep 28, 2009
    MetroPCS - EVERYTHING!!!!!
    MetroPCS [METRO (Piece Of [censored])]
    Cape Coral
    Florida
    Phone: 1 (888) 8metro8
    metropcs.com

metro pcs suck if u dont know already then read wat everyone thinks below an above... we needa start a class action lawsuit... if ur with me email me: [protected]@live.com

• Re
      Feb 17, 2010
    MetroPCS - Awful company
    metropcs.com

I tried to setup an online pay account (1 of the only ways to pay without a fee) and once they send you an initial password you have to setup a new (8 characters min) password to get in. They wouldn't accept any of my 8+ character passwords so I called them from my girlfriend's phone, never got a human and they blocked her number!

• Sh
      Mar 04, 2010
    Metro Pcs / Unlimited Wireless - Although I did not have service I had to pay for the days that the plan was suspended
    Metro PCS
    metropcs.com

I am a disgruntled customer. I understand that this service was a no contract, prepaid service. I paid my plan from 6/2/09 after my service was suspended from 5/16/09 to 6/2/09. Today 6/16/09 I am told that the payment I made on 6/2/09 is for May when I did not have service because the service was suspended. Prepaid means that when I pay for the month I should be able to talk for one month and not fourteen days. After talking with the agents I was told that they were sorry that although I did not have service I had to pay for the days that the plan was suspended. There is nothing in writing indicating this company policy. I need help to get my service reinstated.

• Lo
      Apr 12, 2010
    MetroPCS - Simply, big rip offs
    metropcs.com

Metro pcs sucks your supposed to have a flat rate each month and they overcharge me at least 7.00 per month sometimes 6.00 and change sometimes 5.00 and change ant to boot they charg you 3.00 fee to pay your bill and there customer service sucks and they wont even think of giving you there corp number to complain BIG RIPP OFFS...

• Lb
      Apr 12, 2010

i totally agree i hate metro the service sucks and there phones are those bak in the days burn out pjones i purchased a samsung touchscreen in september 09 and i swear this is my 4th phone and when i go inside to actually see a rep in person they dont even try to fix it its like they already know there crappy...and tells you to replace it for a new one on that day it would be 30dollars or to wait 2 business days then itl be only 10 dollars not only do i pay my bill every month on time but on top of my bill fee im spending an extra 30 bucks for a new dern phone you do the math 4 phones since september 09 my last touch screen they scammed me on was in february so thats 4 phones in 5 months and a 30 dollar fee was charged every time i purchased one...there chargers sucks you gotta buy a charger from them at least every 2 months cause they automatically go out on you and when you complain to em about it they tell u to not talk on it while its charging wtf i hAD MY DOUBTS ABOUT THEM BEFORE SWITCHING FROM SPRINT SPRINT IS CRAP TO AT TIMES BUT AT LEAST THERE MORE PROFESSIONAL AND WILL EVEN OFFER YOU CREDITS AT TIMES. METRO WONT GIVE YOU NOTHING BUT A HEADACHE OH AND YEA THEY WILL UP YOUR BILL ABOUT 7 OR 8 DOLLARS EVERY MONTH TILL YOU COMPLAIN THEN THEY'LL OFFER TO TAKE 10DOLLARS OFF EVERY MONTH AT THE STORE JUST THAT FAST SO YOU CAN EASILY SEE THERE PRICES COME WHENEVER THEY WANT ALL OF A SUDDEN I COMPLAIN ABOUT MY BILL IS TOO HIGH AND THEN THEY TELL ME THEYLL TAKE 10DOLLARS OFF WHAT A RIP-OFF...YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR THO CHEAP BILL CALLS FOR CRAPPY AND CHEAP SERVICE TO THEM I GUESS...I HOPE THERE NOT ACCREDITED WITH BBB

• Pu
      May 19, 2010
    MetroPCS - Theres people messing and bothering me
    metropcs.com

Theres people messing with me and bothering and i need help to see if yall can get the numbers where they are calling me from please help me im scared.

• Ti
      Jun 10, 2010
    Metro Pcs Wireless - Awful quality connection
    Metro Pcs Wireless
    metropcs.com

I upgraded my phone to the samsung freeform and I drop calls back to back everyday. 2nd people on the other end say that I cut off when I talk or I sound garbled. I never had this problem with my phone that had less features. I'm so sick of trying to have a conversation and within 5 min. I will lose connection at least 3 times.

• Co
      Jul 01, 2010

There is a rebate tracker on the website that might help you. http://www.metropcsrebates.com/quick/track/metropcs

• Sc
      Jul 08, 2010

It happened the same for me, I bought a couple phones on March 16, 2010. One of the phones qualified for 2 different rebates. I mailed everything they requested before the due date, I received the Metro PCS rebate but never got anything from Samsung.
    The phone was offered with 2 different rebates, one from Metro for $40 and one from Samsung $50.
    On the term and conditions page there is a number ((888) 744-8742), but to this day nobody answers it.

Please see the offer on their page:

these are the conditions:

My recommendation, always check the conditions and be aware of scams of this type. This is false advertisement.

Jul 11, 2010

Ripped off also from MetroPCS Rebate - Perhaps there is an attorney out there who would like to find others who have been scammed by this.

• Wi
      Jul 14, 2010

I purchased a phone that was also qualified for a rebate back in march and it's july now and still no rebate so i called and the fist time it said they were closes when i called during business hours and the other time i called and i talked to a representative and they said they had not received anything and that i lost my money because the promotion was over. i have proof that i sent that information it.

Aug 03, 2010
    Motorola / Metro Pcs Phone - PHONE ISSUE / Battery warrenty
    Metro PCS
    41&colloinole
    Fort Myers
    Florida

My complaint is within this motorola phone which was purchased resently from METRO PCS store / I was never told that I would need to purchase a new battery within a few weeks of my purchased. My time period of use is under 20mins than charging is required. I find this outburst and required ur attention. I was never told that my battery to this motorola is warrenty for 30dys or I would haved never purchased this phone and took my business elswhere. The battery number (SNN5804B--T8F846GFTCDT.AE)-(20090609--AEA5532). I'm a disabled veteran and need of my phone can you help?

Aug 12, 2010

I purchased a Metro PCS phone that came with a $40.00 rebate that came in the form of a Visa Debit card.
    When I tried to use it, they charged me a $15.00 fee, so my rebate was only $25.00. WHAT A RIP OFF

• Ji
      Aug 17, 2010
    metropcs/sam freeform gray - rebate reoff
    mtropcs sam rebate
    Amityville
    New York
    Phone: 516 7651795

on 7/3/2010 puachase 2 sam gray mobile phone in the amont of $80.00 each with tax and other charges total 330.42 and rebate of $40.00 rebate on each mobile phone that never refund uptill now after over 8 weeks.according to their agreement.

Sep 28, 2010
    MetroPCS - Failure to comply with promises
    MetroPCS

MetroPCS made numerous representations which proved to be false. In particular, I was promised a full rebate on purchase of a phone. I received less than half. I have written to their customer service department, as well as to their president, by certified mail, but have received no reply from either.

• Sh
      Nov 05, 2010
    MetroPCS - Refund
    Georgia
    Canton

I purchased a phone from MetroPcs in March of this year and was promised a refund of $20. I completed the initial form that was part of my new phone. It was located in the box. After months of not hearing from them, I called their 800 number to see how I can receive the refund. The person that I talked to seemed pretty rude. This was her reply, "go on the website under refund and print it off. Their is not such site.

Very disappointed.

Dec 08, 2010

THE SAME FOR ME I BOUGHT 3 NEW PHONE WITH REBATES AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY OF THEM..?IN THE FORM OF A VISA CARD..????? WOW I NEED TO GO 2 A NEW COMPANY..IT ALL [censored] AND THE STORES R BAD COSTMER SERVICE...

Jan 23, 2011

I bought a new cell phone for 140$ with a rebate of 40$, filled everything out and sent it to metro same day i bought the cell.Two weeks later metro sent me an e-mail confirming that they received my rebate form and tracking number.When putting the tracking number to follow up with my rebate it stated"this tracking #does not exist"shame on Metro PCs.Senait Roper.

Jan 23, 2011

Shame on Metro PCS, tried to call them, they never answered the phone!

Jan 23, 2011

I agree with everyone's complaints, shame on Metro Pcs.

• Ac
      Jan 31, 2011

I purchased a phone in october and sent in the rebate that same week it is now 01/31/2010 wtf
    I hate metro pcs

• Ge
      Mar 02, 2011

to whom its may concern ?i'm gerard fenelus have been a metro pcs customer for a very long time doesn't appreciated the treatment i'm getting as customer also i have never get any rebate eventhough you said i'm gonan get it from the mail .an a maximum of time, the first rebate i was suppose to get, is when i brought the sumsang model;sch-r350 also the eighteen digit number is 268435459503935862 the present rebate i'm suppose toget .when i brought the metro pcs huawei model is hb4f1 the eighteen digit number is meid dec;268435459214103780 please send me those rebate as soon possible because i earn it or desserve it .for any personel please feel free to send me a email ?fenelusgerard @yahoo.com...thank you hope to hear from you soon.

• Re
      Apr 06, 2011

Metro PCS is ridiculas I purchased a phone back in January of 2011 and the rebate offer was $30.00 mailed off the rebate same week as i got the phone still waiting on the rebate it is now April. Called them about it on 4/6/2011 and he told me the visa card for the rebate was sent off to be printed yesterday and I should get it soon this is such a rip off and completly crazy I have been a customer with them for over 7 years now and this is how they thank there faithful customers. Bang up Job Metro PCS

• Ka
      Apr 28, 2011
    Metropcs - no support of products sold
    METROPCS
    Hemet
    Phone: 951 7666 326

On November 11, 2010, I bought a phone and a plan from METROPCS. Then in January of 2011, I added my son to the plan. I have several complaints about my phone. I was told by the lady at the State/Fruitvale store that I was sold a piece of SH-T. Now how do you think I felt with that remark????? My phone loses calls constantly, I have audio feedback, and the quality of the communications on the phone line was horrible. Today, April 27, 2011, I unplugged my phone from the charger, and to my surprise, a HUGE sunspot appeared in the middle of my screen. As the day progressed, so did the sun spot. I called the store that I purchased it from. She stated that it sounded like I dropped it in some water. I told her that was not true. My phone is NEVER near water. She then stated maybe I had the phone where it could possibly sweat!!! Can you believe that???? When I got off work, I took it the store. The clerk looked at it, and said, no water damage!! She asked me to take to the store on Florida/Yale street, because her store did not handle warranty purchases, and it would cost me $10 to buy a new phone. I did as I was instructed, only to be told by the clerk that obviously there was water damage because the sticker on the inside had been removed. I asked him if he was calling me a LIAR? He firmly stated that he couldn't help me, then, refrased it, and stated he WOULD NOT HELP ME, and I was to leave the building!!!
    I called back the store that I bought it from, and asked to speak to the owner. She stated she would have him call me. When I did get a call, It was not the OWNER!!! It was the manager, only to tell me that the screen was not covered, that if the phone was to malfunction, it would have done so within 24 hours!!! HOW REDICULOUS IS THAT??????? She proceedede to tell me that there was NOTHING they could do for me!!! If you buy a car, is not the brakes part of the car, should the brakes fail? ]
    I AM SOOO DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVICE AND THE PRODUCTS METRO PCS SELLS. I HAVE NO PROBLEM EXPRESSING MY CONCERNS TO OTHER POSSIBLE PATRONS. BELIEVE ME, I AM NOT DONE!!!

• Sl
      May 02, 2011
    Metro Pcs Store - Incompetent worker
    Metro PCS Store
    1500 E Village Way
    Orange
    Phone: 187-282-3005

I activated a cell phone my older son had previous used, and went to a local Metro PCS Store. I have usually been happy with the customer service and services that I had received at all the stores I made payment too, or buying phones. The sales girl, Janet Vasquez, activated the phone, I paid for my son monthly bill, and the activation fee which came to $76.13. We went home, and a few hours later my phone along with two of my phones my sons were using were turned off! I couldn't reach a customer representative until the following day. We have no home phone, but use our cell phones. We were unable to use our phones in case of an emergency because my husband works nights. The following day, I called Metro PCS about the problem. After talking to the customer service representative, I found out the girl had accidentally billed me for the wrong month. I pay bill is due on the twenty five of every month, and I had told her that my next phone bill was due on the twenty five of May, she made my son's due on the twenty five of April. So, the thirty five dollars I paid on April 27, for the number wasn't credited to my account as it should be. I figured after talking to the customer service, today, I got a call from Metro PSC, and come to find out the idiot girl didn't include a tracking number, and the reference number, wasn't enough to clear up this issue. Our family car is currently overheating, and I have to walk over to this store to clear up this issue because of this girls mistake. I am beyond ticked off about this, I paid with debit and cannot understand why this payment cannot be found, and I also have the receipt that I paid. This is extremely inconvenient to have to deal with this girl's mistake today. My son is doing his testing, and my husband and I are trying to deal with our car. I am angry that I am forced to deal with an issues which should be easily taken care of. If this issue isn't taken care of, than I am finding another plan for my family!

• Ke
      May 13, 2011
    Metro Pcs - unprofessioanal help with phone
    sammuel jim miller
    Dallas
    Texas

yes i have gotten a phone from metro pcs store off of jim miller and sammuell and dallas tx which is a hiweee andriod this will be my second phone that i have gotten the first phone i had the phone will stick and will charge so i took it back to the store. in had to wait 2 days for my phone to cum back. the second i got i had it for 1 week and the phone would not charge. i took the phone back to the store were i gotten from. they looked at the phone and noticed that the phone would charge from the charger they had . the employee there informed that it was something wrong were u charged the phone. she had to oreder me another one. i went up there twice and my phone has not yet been there . i also informed the employee that i had i a phone interview and she act like she didnt care . my phone is completly dead it will not come on. i feel like that is wrong because i had a interview and now i missed it because of poor service with meto pcs and i am still payin on this bill. i feel like that is wrong . if there is any more information please e mail @ [protected]@yahhoo.com. 2143558846

• Ki
      May 21, 2011
    Metro Pcs Lg Phone - was told i would have my rebate by may18 and have not received it yet
    1480 sedgefield trail
    Bethlehem
    Georgia
    Phone: 770-837-4549 & 770-873-1410

I called and check when I would be getting my rebate on both of my phones and I am suppose to be getting $100.00 and I was told I would receive it on may 18 and it is may 21 and I am still wanting to know where it is still. This is uncalled for when I pay my bill every month so u tell me where my rebate is please

• Op
      May 22, 2011

If I knew I would tell you.

• Le
      Jun 02, 2011
    Metropcs Inc - No customer service, no refund
    Metropcs Inc

Ordered a LG Imprint online which came with no SD card. Shipping information email gave a phone number to call which was a phone tree with no options regarding my problem, so kept pushing numbers until I got a person who told me she had nothing to do with that problem, to go to www.metropcs.com/service, and who took my information promising to have someone call me. URL took me to a "Track you order" option which was useless. No one called. No email contacts on Web page. No one to talk to, so mailed a letter to Dallas, 3/8/11, informing them I was sending the phone back, why, and wanted a refund. FedEx delivered and phone was accepted by B Jolly 3/11/11. Now 3/24/11 and no refund nor response from MetroPCS. As far as I can tell this company has no Customer Service Dept. that can be contacted for problems!

If you are thinking of buying from them, think twice, because my perusal of the Internet has found many, many complaints, and very few recommendations!

• Yo
      Jun 04, 2011

I agree that MetroPCS is an aweful company but really buddy your complaint is your fault and something you could have done to fix it. First of all, the form would have told you what characters are acceptable in the password field. You were obviously not doing something right. Secondly, why would they block your number, out of thousands of calls they receive a day? You aren't special.

• Ga
      Jun 05, 2011

I recently bought an LG Rumor and it was broke in less than 2 weeks. They say it was "pressure damage" and not covered under warranty. How can it get damage in my front pocket? They say I must have banged against something. Outside of case was not broke and if I hit something THAT hard, shouldn't I have a bruise on my leg. LG phones are crap. I hope you return your phone and get a better product. Obviously they do not want to please their customers at all!

• Ia
      Jun 09, 2011

I bought a phone from metro, the Huawei Ascend, in May of 2011. I was told that I would receive a $50 rebate if I bought the phone. I sent the completed information to metro PCS. I made sure that my package was postmarked the same day that I bought the phone. More than a few weeks later, I got a response from metro PCS saying that I purchased the phone outside of the qualifying period!!! I was FURIOUS!!! This was false advertisement. I ended my service with metro PCS, and I encourage anyone that I meet not to use their company. Cheap prices don't compensate for false advertisement, horrible customer service, and tons of dropped calls.

• Rb
      Jun 10, 2011
    Metro Pcs Wireless - Poor Experience dealer
    Metro Pcs Wireless

Business has been poor in my line of work so I thought I would try to open a business of my own.
    First I bought a Cell Phone from PCS.
    Then I had businesscards made up and magnetic signs for my vehicle. Yhese all displayed my Cell Phone Number. My plan was suppose to be a $45 per month with insurance.

Right from the beginning I started having problems. I couldn't keep a charge on my battery for more than 24 hours. The phone was a very new phone/production wise.

I took it to the store that sold it to me and they said I over charged it, and I needed a new battery. I contacted LG to get a new battery but LG said they didn't carry that battery because it was so new.

I took the phone to a PCS Corporate Store, because I could plainly see I was going nowhere with the PCS Dealer I bought it through. The guy at the Corporate Store named Felix plugged a charger into the charger recepticle and told me my battery was "FINE". Of course I knew it wasn't.

I went to E-bay and I found the battery I needed. My phone was down for another week while waiting for shipment. I got the replacement battery and put it in. I charged it and made sure to only charge it long enough for the sign to read "Battery Fully Charged."

In the meantime I contacted the insurance I had on the phone but they said they didn't insure the batteries.

By this time I had paid for 2 months of phone service and I got very little actual phone time in. I had to charge my phone every 24 hours, because that is
    all the battery will hold before it goes dead, and that is with or without any calls. I can just charge it and leave it on the table and it will discharge in 24 hours.

I was due to pay for another month payment on or about Febuary 17th. I'd had enough. I wasn't getting anything accomplished in any way whatswoever. I had called PCS. I had done everything I could possibly think of. If PCS were to go back and look at my phone records they could plainly see that I hardly got any use out of the phone.

I'm going to have to go with a different carrier. I know of no other remedies, and I won't be slandering PCS when I tell others of the truthfulness of my rotten situation and poor customer care in handeling this matter. At least LG sent me a battery for free although it was the wrong one and it wouldn't even fit in my phone but all I've got from PCS is Tet messages telling me how much I owe and when it is due.

• Bi
      Jun 13, 2011

i bought my phone at the metro pcs store on linden blvd. and 205 street. The phone i got was over priced when i got it . i filled out the rebate form, and iam still waiting for it 3 months later . thank's jay for talking me into this sham !

• Bi
      Jun 13, 2011

i bought an over priced phone on the 11th of april, and iamstill waiting for my rebate . i went to the store on LINDEN BLVD. and 205 th street in saint albans queens and some representative named jay talked me into the sham ! i'm not satisfied . the phone went on sale 3 day's later .