Metro Pcs / overbilled by metro pcs, and never compensated!

311 NW 87th Drive, Apt# 110Plantation, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 754-281-4582
I've been a Metro PCS customer for many years, and am now appalled to find out that not only do they not care at all that I have been a long-time and loyal customer, but they do not seem to care at all about their customers.

I was treated horribly by a manager when discussing my bill. I'm very upset and want to receive compensation for my "inconveniences" (their words).

What happened: In April, I had TWO phone that went on one plan with a $10 discount for the phone on the second plan. In April, my bill was paid TWICE (by mistake), but nonetheless, when I learned that two payments were made on my account, I confirmed with the Metro PCS rep that my phone service would be paid and uninterrupted for the month of April and the month of May. That made sense to me.

Then on May 9th, I removed my second phone because I no longer needed it, and I needed to lower my bill.

When June came around, I received the text message telling me the amount I owed for my next month of service. It stated that my bill amount was only $28.98 -- I thought that the reason it was so low was because I removed my second phone, and they had obviously issued a credit to me. I even had the store where I was making my payment call to confirm that this amount was in fact correct. Yes, they said it was.

When June rolled around, I expected my bill to go back to the normal expected amount of $59, but was very surprised when the text message from Metro stated I owed $82! What?? I called Metro right away and explained that I did not think this bill amount was correct at all, and the rep told me that I was right, in fact. She advised me to disregard that text message and that the actual amount I owed was $59. She told that if I paid this amount, my bill would be paid in full and my service would not be interrupted.

Low and behold, the next day, my phone was SHUT OFF! I couldn't believe it! I called Metro and went around in circles with a very rude manager for an HOUR. In the end, he left me with no legitimate explanation for this over-billed amount, and he told me that either I could pay the balance or take my business elsewhere.

Since I needed my phone right away, I paid the balance. But I still feel that I was completely taken advantage of.

I talked to a rep again tonight to see what could be done about this issue, and she told me that because I removed my phone in April, I lost the $10 discount on the second phone, and that I had "underpaid" my bill in June (even though it was confirmed by Metro that the $28 amount was correct)!

I asked for the telephone number to the corporate office, and they could not provide me with one. They could only provide me with a PO Box address where I could write a letter.

They didn't care that I was given "wrong" information. I still feel that I was overbilled, and until someone can make sense of this to me, I am furious with Metro PCS. It's evident they do not care about their customers. "Sorry for your inconvenience" does not cut it for me. I want to be compensated for this, and I would love to know how to contact Metro PCS corporate office to file a complaint!

If anyone can tell me how to do this, I would be so grateful!

Any advice would be helpful.

From a very dissatisfied customer,
Josie
Jo

Comments

Wr
  19th of Feb, 2009
Because Metro PCS has such low monthly fees, they feel that providing good customer service is not necessary. People in need have no choice but to put up with their nasty attitude because they cannot afford something better. I also had my fair share of standoffs with their CS reps several years ago and ended up taking my business elsewhere. However, Im surprised that you didnt find this information online. This is from Metro's website.

MetroPCS is headquartered in Richardson, Texas.

Our mailing address is: