Merry Maids / cleaning service

1 Homer, AK, United States

I asked Merry Maids in Sioux City Iowa to come clean for me on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It was late notice so I was surprised they said yes. Two people came to clean as usual, two I that had not ever cleaned for me before. I asked them to focus on the kitchen floor, and also I had a note (the same note I usually have and ask them to check off the list when done). The kitchen floor was barely cleaned with stains still on it--visible stains. Nothing was even dusted, no rugs were shaken and no trash cans were emptied. Basic stuff! The note was completely ignored. I wasn't sure they even read it. After a 5 minute look around I wasn't even sure what they did! while they were there! I was told they would clean for an hour at $114 per hour. I was there when they came, did an errand, came back 40 minutes later and they were leaving. They already had pocketed the $114. I called and complained about the work almost immediately after I saw what little they had done. Got no response and they cashed the check right after the holiday. HORRIBLE. I called them again (always get the answering machine) and still no reply back. Will not use them again and will make sure this is posted to social media unless I get some kind of restitution.

Su