Menards / I will not be back again

2 months ago I started a simple 12x20 deck project, to my concern about previous menards encounters my wife talked me into going back to purchase the Ultra deck Fusion decking and railing system. Needless to say I still am not done with the deck, for starters we special order the decking and can no do it over the phone with a credit card, so I have to drive 50 miles to pay for it. Second it was a delivery date of 7 days which turned into 21/2 weeks and then to top it off the railing system was wrong. Reordered and had to wait, by now my deck stringers are all twisted from drying out. Finally get to installing the hand railing and find out that I got F_cked again, they did not give me the correct handrail insert, I had to go to the web site myself and tell the dip s_it at the counter what I needed, Thanks Menards for all the Headache and wasted gas to and from, I WILL NOT BE BACK AGAIN.

Va

Comments

• Mr
      20th of Oct, 2008

Your the problem. I work at a menards. You cant expect the guy who sold it to you to know that the item would be wrong. We sell thousands and thousands of items, you cannot know everything about every item. Im sure you got ### with someone about the order time. Most likely a receiving team member, how would it be there fault. If it took longer than expected its not the stores fault its the vendors. The reason for not taking credit cards over the phone is due to high rates of credit card theft and abuse.

• Fr
      24th of Nov, 2008

I don't know what you might consider "a simple 12 x 20 deck project" based on the information you provided, but it sounds like you started the "project" before you had all the materials. Rule of thumb; over compensate on the materials you will be using, its better to be safe than SORRY. Besides you can always return the leftovers to Menards. I currently work at Menards as a recieving/lumber yard team member. We handle all of the lumber and decking as well as the special orders. However, we only recieve them. The employees at the building materials desk place the orders. I encounter customers (or guests as Menards would like us to call them) who have or have had problems with their special orders. Like the comment says before me, it is most likely the vendors fault. It is possible there may have been some miscommunication between you and the building materials associate upon ordering the item, but we have no control over the order or when it will get there. So the next time you have a complaint. Make sure its with the right company.

• Lo
      26th of Feb, 2009

I have been with Menards for 8 years and i have never known them not to take a credit card over the phone. There is alot of information that we need, things that someone with a stolen credit card would not know. On the special order contract it says ESTIMATED DATE OF ARRIVAL. With the emphasis on ESTIMATED. You come into Menards and expect to have everything handed to you. Well guess what it is not their deck it is yours! They are there to make sure that you get everything that you want and need. They are not there to tell you what color or what size or how amazing it may be when it is done. They are there to help you make your project as easy and affordable as possible while still giving you great value. Menards has professional estimaters there 5 days a week. All you have to do is give them your blue prints and what you would like it to be constructed of and they will do the rest. Do they sometimes make mistakes yes. That tends to happen in everyones lives.

• Yo
      28th of Sep, 2010

Wow is all I have to say. Great job taking ownership blaming a botched order or delivery on a vendor YOU chose to hire. Menards would have your [censor] if it knew you were online representing thier business on a complaint board defending a mistake that was made. In good business you take the hit and assume the responsibility if there was a mistake... regardless of whether you outsourced to another company. Sure this guy got "[censor]" (real professional) with someone... that is also "how it is" in the industry you are in. Try working for a call center... then again please don't. Have fun hating your jobs until you get real ones.

• Na
      16th of Jun, 2017

I ordered the UltraDeck Fusion to replace my 12x12 wood deck and I absolutely love it! It was a simple process for me. I simply measured to see gow many boards I would need, and ordered them from the Menards website. I was able to track my order online to find out when it would arrive. It was a great experience on my end! :)