Menards / 10x8 Grizzly Shed / Poor material!

United States Review updated:
Special Order from Menards for a "pre built" 10x8 Grizzly Shed. Took two weeks for the special order to be delivered. Was told by the lumber specialist "the truck driver will set it were ever you want it". Two weeks went by and on a Saturday here comes the truck "flat bed semi" with my special ordered shed. He could not "put it were I wanted it because he had a "semi"!! Started to unload by hand! The lumber was the worst I had ever seen, BIG knots and warped 4x8 sheets of "treated plywood, 2x4's were knotty and warped, the shed it self (walls) looked like someone had drove a forklift into it!! Sides were split or broken, points were broken off. Lumber looked like the lowest grade made and the worst picked out. Refused delivery and the driver returned it to the Menards store. Had charged on my "Menards" card, went to the store to have taken off my card and experienced the worst customer service I had ever had. NO ONE ever said they were sorry about the problem or even asked if there was something they could do to remedy the situation. Bad product & BAD service.

N  4th of Dec, 2008 by
I have a completed grizzly shed that I bought from Menards. I did not have it delivered, i picked it up at the store, the package fits nicely in the back of a full sized pickup truck, . probably a better bet, because you can refuse it on the spot. It is not the best quality shed in the world, but for the price it is excellent, by far cheaper than most any other shed kits. It is now 5 years old and looks brand new. The siding provided is very tough and it is pre-primed, I would suggest painting it with a semi-gloss paint, it sheds water better than flat paint. I would further suggest a light colored shingle if they still give you a choice, they don't deteriate as much as the black shingles most kits come with. My only regret is that I did'nt purchase the 4 foot extention kit that is available for it.

Menards Logo Menards