Medicare Plus Blue / physical therapy

1 Traverse City, MI, United States

I had a reverse shoulder replacement on 7-18-17. Finely took off my
my huge shoulder brace on 8-31-17 which was my first physical therapy
session. PT for the first month is very minor because you can't start weight strengthening till week 11 after surgery. today 10-4-17 I was told I was cut down to once a week. The reason I was told was I was improving so I don't need it. Yes I can barely get dressed, scratch my nose, wipe my self but I can't bring a cup of coffee to my mouth, cut a piece of chicken or hold anything over 2 pounds with my new shoulder. They are right, a week after
surgery I couldn't brush my teeth, get dressed at all. hold a cup or scratch my nose at all. I sat inside while my shredded rotator cuff and shoulder replacement was healing. There is no PT for the first 6 weeks. Now I am getting better and I am cut down to once a week. My surgery was Munson Medical Center in Traverse City, MI, my PT was through Great Lakes Orthopedic Center and my surgeon was Dr John Reineck through same center. I was told I have 32 visits but only 4 a month.
I had a total knee replacement 3 years ago, same blue cross and great PT. If it wasn't for 2 o 3 times a week PT I would not be pain free as I am now.
This is as I see it just another way to cut their costs and not care at all about people who need it. I am 71 years old and working full time because I have to. The pain in my arm is still pretty bad for daily use. I need to eventually able to shovel snow, cut grass, vacuum etc since I live alone.
I was told a Physical Therapist can do a review at the end of the month, stating I am improving and bcbs cuts me down. Not happy

Tc