Mbcontact.comSpoof Site

1 Review updated:

This company is spoofing Google Earth and selling the software that is available free on Google's site. I believed that I was purchasing a copy of the Google Earth Plus software, and the company charged $68 to my card. But their download area only offers the free version of Google Earth. There is no trace of my order with Google, and they are not an authorized vendor. You will be able to tell that you have been redirected to a spoof site because their sales site goes under the name MBContact.com. They have a fake download and members area. It is a good looking scam... but a scam nonetheless. Research indicates that they come from the UAE.

Lo

Comments

• Mi
      Jun 08, 2008
    Mbcontact.com - wrong advertising
    mbcontact.com
    United Arab Emirates
    Phone: [protected]
    mbcontract.com

I thought I was buying the latest version of Google Earth but all they had to down load was the same version that is available for free from Google The original link came from:
    http://dailyonline-news.com/[email protected]

with the attached email

New Navigation Features added in Google Earth 4.3
    Go Here to watch video
    Fly to your house, type in an address, search and zoom right in.
    Searach schools, parks, restaurants & hotels. Plus driving directions.
    Tilt and rotate for 3D terrain and building structures
    Go here to also explore the universe
    Search and find different star constellations.
    Locate and find comets, asteroids and other heavenly bodies.
    A new perspective from our tiny planet.
    Go here to enjoy Earth 4.3
    Have a Great Earth Day!
    Steven Nantel
    Sales VP

Sep 17, 2008

I too was sucked in to download the latest version of google earth and was shocked to find £34 taken from my account when in actual fact I had only agreed to a years subscription about £9 I thought because it was google that it was genuine, and of course you get nothing and no answer when you try to contact them please beware

• Ra
      Dec 29, 2008
    Mbcontact.com - Fraudulent Websites
    itunesmao.com

www.itunesmao.com is another one of MbContact.Com's fraudulent websites for unlimited iTunes downloads for subscription fees.

I filled out the information needed for a year subscription, has the transaction processed, and tried to proceed to the final webpage to download iTunes and came up with a 404. Ultimately I ended up being forced to cancel and reissue my credit card and spend the next six months worrying about possible identity theft.

Criminal action like this needs to stop and as many people as possible need to know about it.

• Ra
      Dec 29, 2008

I felt the need to add:

To anyone else who has unfortunately fallen prey to MbContact.Com I recommend you also cancel your credit card (in case they attempt to charge you more then once), call your bank and make sure all accounts are accounted for and have them take security measures to monitor any possible suspicious activity, as well as call the three credit bureaus and report possible identity theft and have them monitor your credit activity so they can inform you if any new cards are issued in your name.

Here is MbContact.Com’s own list of websites from their personal host. http://46-165.bluehost.com/ <--ALL THESE WEBSITES ARE FRAUDULENT!

Post this information in your own personal livejournals, facebooks, and myspaces and let your friends know! The more this is passed around the less chance MbContact.com has of duping more unsuspecting individuals like ourselves!

• Kr
      Feb 22, 2009
    Mbcontact.com - no-product.
    [protected]@support.net
    New Zealand

I was very lucky and realised within 30 mins it was a scam and thru' my bank and contacting MBCONTACT I was able to get my dosh back, as it hadn't actually left the bank, but it will take 10-15 days before I get it back. Also lookout for HEINIKENBOTTLING offering one million pounds give awawy and '[protected]@centralmethidist.edu' This also opffers #780, 000 for a input of $275, be aware as they also come under other guises. Check out the E-mail Address if it seems real and if not it generally comes back as postmaster undeliverable.

• Da
      Mar 03, 2009
    Mbcontact.com - Paid $66.74 USD received nothing
    Cooloola Cove
    Queensland
    Australia

Forced to subscribe and pay for 3 year unlimited VIP access for ADOBE Acrobat Reader from Adobe website which has proved incompatible with my operating system. Have tried to cancel and request refund of payment of USD $66.74. Adobe has no record of my purchase. It appears confirmation received from mbcontact.com, NOT Adobe, although Adobe DOES IN FACT APPEAR at the bottom of ONE (1) PAGE I did print out.
    Seems that Adobe website has been compromised by mbcontact.com.
    I am still trying to get a refund for my monies paid.

• Bl
      Mar 03, 2009

BLUEHOST.COM IS AS FRADULENT OR MORE, FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS AGAINST BLUEHOST.COM AT http://www.saltlakecity.bbb.org/
    BLUEHOST.COM MISLEADS THEIR CUSTOMERS BY PLACING A SERVICE AGREEMENT AND HIDDEN THEIR TOS TERMS OF SERVICE, BLUEHOST.COM ATOMATICALY CHECKS YOU READ THEIR TOS, WHEN IN FACT IT SEEMS IS REFFERED TO THEIR SERVICE AGREEMENT.
    I PAID $ 900 TO BLUEHOST.COM FOR 48 MONTHS AND AROUND 50 DOMAINS, THEN WITHOUT REASON THEY CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT
    BLUEHOST.COM JUST CLAIMED BECUASE I VIOLATED THEIR TOS, SUCH TOS, I NEVER RECIEVED, BUT EVEN AFTER I READ IT, THEIR WAS NO VIOLATION, I ASK PROOF, BUT REFUSED TO SEND ANY
    BLUEHOST.COM ARE THIEVES, BEWARE.
    FURTHERMORE, BLUEHOST.COM HAS SEVREAL VIOLATIONS OF LAW IN THEIR TOS (TERMS OF SERVICE, BUT ALSO EVEN VIOLATIONS TO THE FIRST AMMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION
    STAY AWAY FROM BLUEHOST.COM, JUST TYPE BLUEHOST.COM COMPLAINTS ON SEARCH ENGINES AND YOU WILL SEE THE AMOUNT OF HARM TO BLUEHOST.COM CUSTOMERS THIS COMPANY HAD DEFRAUDED.
    BEWARE OF BLUEHOST.COM STAY AWAY

• Rj
      May 25, 2009
    Mbcontact.com - did not recieve extra feature
    London
    Ontario
    Canada
    membersareame.com

I was given a reciept for the credit card and i got the earth website. The above website came with login and password. The website http://membersareame.com/ is not available or does not exist. I have tried several times on Firefox, Internet Explorer and on Google and not one of them can find the website. I would like a full refund or an explanation as to how to retrieve my extra feature and use it.
    Ron Kirkpatrick
    [protected]@primus.ca

• Bl
      Sep 27, 2009

they suspended our manga website because of some TOS thingy too !! And the website just had been activated for 1 day..less than 24 hours time..they suspended our account! damn! Give back the money my friend paid for the host!! stupid cheater bluehost!!