Buy.com Complaints & Reviews

Buy.comDeceptive advertising

I received an e-mail offer from Buy.com for a Garmin NuVi 255W GPS unit for $115 with free shipping. I was sitting at my computer when the offer came in, so I IMMEDIATELY followed the link only to find they were "out of stock." Three days later, I receive an e-mail saying they unit are in stock BUT NOW COST $129.99. I called and discussed this with two different representatives, (probably in India). All they could do was tell me I could buy the unit for $129.99 each. I think they never intended to sell these units for $115. In my opinion, this is deliberate dishonest marketing. BEWARE !

• Ca
    carlajean61 Jun 03, 2016

I ordered 12 cases of AdvantEdge Carb Control Ready to Drink Chocolate Fudge 24 CANS for $7.99 EACH, on March 5th, 2011. I seen the order on Slickdeals.com. Others noted that there might be a concern about the printing of either a discontinued product, or wrong price. I sent an email to Drugstore.com, since that is where it was being shipped from, the next day asking them to verify my order, that it was indeed 12 - 24 CANS, not the 4X4's. I heard nothing. I started notifying BUY.COM when they were shipped, the next day, when I seen that the entire order was only 39 pounds, and I know that one case weighs 19 pounds. I was told it was drugstore.com's problem since it was coming from them. I called them, and was told it was BUY.COM's problem since they advertised it, and I purchased it from them. Either way, no one would take ownership of the problem. One of Buy.com's customer service reps informed me it would be investigated by their company, and I would get a call back by a supervisor in 24 hrs. That did not happen. I called again. Again, NO ONE would help.

Then, I get an email stating that a total refund was given. I did NOT want a refund, I did NOT ask for a refund..I wanted the product that THEY advertised, I ordered AND paid for. I again spoke to customer service at BUY.COM, and no one would help me, I was told that some one again would get back to me in 24 hours. (again) NO ONE did! Again, I contacted buy.com's customer service, and this person disconnected the chat after telling me that nothing would be done, I was refunded and I could keep what was being sent to me, even after I told this person that was NOT acceptable. So hateful and rude.
    I got right back online, and got ahold of what I thought was a person that was going to to honor what she said. Yvonne. (all of these are printed)

I was furious because I found online where they were STILL offering the same drink mix, just a different flavor, same amount, for the same price!!! (I have copies of this) She understood how upset I was. She stated she would investigate this and after I received the order, she would look into getting the rest of the order sent to me. I told her I felt this was false advertising and I was being completely ripped off.

My order came the very next day and I called, as I agreed to, and I got another person and explained our deal. NOT HONORED!!! He told me that buy.com was NOT going to do anything about this. I went to face book about this, hoping to get to someone with more power, thinking if the top people found out how buy.com's customers were being treated, they would not appreciate it at all. (word of mouth being the best advertisement) Well, it seems they don't even care. All they do is place the blame onto Drugstore.com. Then, they delete my complaints off their website, so there is no buyer beware!!! Some company this turned out to be. (even Drugstore.com kept my complaints on theirs)

I asked for the CEO's address, to notify him, but I changed my mind after what they did on face book, and spoke to an attorney's office, and got the information to the IL Attorney General. I now have received the paperwork to complete for a complaint to them for False Advertisement.

I will send in the form, the copies of the ad they printed that I orderd from for the drink mix with the price of 7.99 for each 24 cans, NOT 4X4's. The emails Buy.com sent telling me that they made the mispricing mistake. The email buy.com sent me telling me that they refunded me the money and that I can keep the product they sent. Email from buy.com with the $20.00 gift certificate and stating again that they made a mistake in pricing. Copy off their website, dated, showing the other flavor of the same EAS drink mix that they were STILL advertising AFTER they refunded me my money back stating it was a pricing error and that I couldn't have what I ordered, and paid for, at that price, and all the printed out copies of the chats that I had with their customer service dept, and the names and phone number and the staff from buy.com that called me...etc.

It is so sad that this couldn't have been resolved quickly, by just honoring their agreement with me, which was just sending me the rest of my order. I have to also say, I have ordered from buy.com before, and have never had any problems w/ shipping, or products and have recommended you to others, so having this issue be the deciding factor is a sad one to leave on.
    Thank you for listening to me, and I hope that the Attorney General can Resolve this since obviously we couldn't.
    Carla

Buy.com — Rip off company

Ok I REALLY need to VENT!! First let me say how much i enjoy shopping on-line. It's combines the fun of...

Buy.comBad customer service

I have ordered from buy.com for several years. I recently ordered 3 xbox 360 games, 2 came but it stated 3 were shipped. I emailed them, the automated response says you will have a response in 10 hours but if it has to be researched it could take 48 hours, I have since emailed them 5 times with absolutely no response. They apparently plan to keep my money and my game. I have asked for the game or a refund and have gotten neither and have not gotten a response. They do not have a published address or phone number, just an email address. From reading other complaints it appears that they do not provide customer service only the illusion of one.

Buy.com — Online scam

First off, I noticed how many people were complaining about the Shopper Discounts and Rewards company and the...

Buy.comMIR fraud with Norton AntiVirus

Bought Anti virus with MIR of $60. Buy.com delivered AntiVirus CD but attached no printed receipts for claiming MIR. No replies for my mails.

Norton AntiVirus did not protect my PC but it slowed down the performance to just 15% of what it was. Every other moment Norton raises a pop-up asking me to buy more products from them. Wonderful combination: Buy.com & Norton.

P.S : Freeware 'AdAware' traced virus that is not even recognized by Norton. Shame for Norton.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices