Mbcontact.com / Thieves

1 Liverpool, England, Merseyside, United Kingdom Review updated:

I was attempting to buy my very first purchase on itunes. I was directed to the company MBCONTACT.COM which was posted as a legitimate and upright method by signing up for a three year contract and free access to itunes. I couldn't seem to get past this, and so ended up signing up. Yet, when I purchased my first item I was still charged and found no way of getting through to MBCONTACT.COM.
So, my advice is BEWARE! This company amounts to nothing more than THIEVES! Very low indeed!

Su

Comments

• Do
      18th of Apr, 2008
    MbContact.com - claims to provide AVG software updates. Provided with trojans and worms included in installation. Non-AVG software.
    mbcontact.com
    8 Glanville Rd
    New South Wales
    Australia
    Phone: 0405207446

Selling AVG software, downloading non-AVG SOFTWARE linked with trojans and worms. site: Asks if I want to update AVG software then offers subscription.. downloaded non-AVG software with trojans and worms attached.

My credit card details are attached.

16th of Jun, 2008

I ordered a copy of ADOBE software on the Internet, everything was going very well until the program was beginning to install. I got a bump in power and lost all of the program. When I tried to contact the provider for a resolution, I was advised that an answer would cost from $10 to $30 dollars to answer my question. That seems a little unreasonable since I had already been billed over $50 for the program. I have been billed for two copies of the program to the tune of nearly $100 and have nothing to show for it. The web sites shown for the company seem to be nonexistent. What can I do?

• Al
      16th of Jul, 2008

I have been billed on my Halifax gold card for £34.72 from MBCINTACT.COM and I not aware what I've purchased.

Can you help me

5002 Willows Avenue
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    tranaction-id.com

On Friday September 26, 2008 I was attempting to download the free version of OpenOffice.org when they asked for a donation of $11.99 USD. Somehow I was redirected to the MBcontact.com web page and my account was actually charged $35.01 USD. I received a receipt from them stating it was for a 3 year VIP membership. I was also charged a $0.70 international fee. This caused my account to over-drawn. What recourse do I have in this matter?

• Br
      6th of Oct, 2008

MBcontact.com came up on the Sun Microsystems web site so I thought it was legitimate. Tried to send e-mail and it came back address unknown. Tried to call to cancel after reading your complaints and got put on hold forever. Bank indicated the account was from the Netherlands.
    Recommend staying away from MBcontact.com.

• Pa
      11th of Oct, 2008
    MbContact.com - frauadulant advertising on price
    3405 featherston drive
    Lexington
    Kentucky
    Phone: 8599713584
    vidbill.com

tried to order PDF 2009 on-line. offer stated 3yr vip acc & support only12.97 and then another offer at half that price but my credit card was billed 48.38, I immediately asked them to remove

• Da
      10th of Nov, 2008

I purchased from Adobe web site and ended up being charged by a company named MBcontact.com
    did not recieve the software i ordered.
    Please beware of this.

09 November 2008

• Ge
    MbContact.com - Claimed they were operating as GOOGLE
    mbcontact
    Vancouver
    British Columbia
    Canada

This company claimed they were Google and were offering to provide an upgraded 3D photo service for Google Earth

• Al
    MbContact.com - Crooks
    MBCONTACT
    5904 - 52 Avenue
    Edmonton
    Alberta
    Canada
    Phone: 780-929-6059

I hate to admit it, but I also got ripped off by MBCONTACT.COM. They popped up as Managers of the Skype website and I fell for their false advertising and now they have my credit card number. Does anyone know what can be done to get the money back ? Should I change credit card numbers for future protection ? Does anyone know anything ?

Al in Alberta, Canada

• Ro
      15th of Nov, 2008

They represented themselves as Roxio. I too was ripped off. Replies to my request for refund were generic and tagged (big red warning) by AVG.

• Mi
      19th of Nov, 2008
    MbContact.com - misinformation, overcharge,
    michael barr
    5350 W. 80th Ave. #304C
    Arvada
    Colorado
    Phone: 303-456-8133

I went to AVG website to download their free service. Instead I was directed to mbcontact. I was overcharged for what they said was the service plan. I called their customer service number and was told the charge would not be processed, which of course it was. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge. There is obviously something wrong with this outfit. MBarr

• Ka
      23rd of Nov, 2008
    MbContact.com - this is a scam
    mbcontact
    California

This company advertises antivirus protection and somehow finds the expiration date of your existing protection, sending a reminder to update your coverage.

• Di
      24th of Nov, 2008

Hi There
    I to have been duped with MBCONTRACT.COM.they weretrading as Macafee internet security.I phoned my bank and they cannot stop payment of £25.86 going out.My bank suggested I change my account number totally.
    I am so very annoyed that banks cnnot stop payments going out of our accounts.
    All the best!
    Diane UK

• Fr
      26th of Nov, 2008

I have been overcharged and all my emails ignored. Definately a SCAM site.

• My
      27th of Nov, 2008
    MbContact.com - Abobe Acrobat - corrupt download
    5 Rad Meadows
    Nottingham
    England, East Midlands
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 0115 972 6874

I have been charged £36 plus for what I can only say was a corrupt download; ONE CARE blocked it's progress and still I have been billed for the download; I have sent proof from my repairer that the computer did not download the suspect item at any time.

Barclays VISA fraud team will be investigating this matter in due course.

30th of Nov, 2008
    MbContact.com - pose as itune

i was on the itune website and signed up for a 1year susbcription for $ 44.00 contacted the online support to cancel and they told me they did not have my information on file

• Mi
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I fell for the same B/S scam. Be carefull when you Google ITunes. It's one of the first two sites that come up. (www.itunescomaccess.com or itunescomstart.com) DO NOT FALL FOR IT!! Any $$ that has been processed by MBCONTACT.COM is more than likely gone for good, unless you canceled it in time. -Freakin' crooks!

26th of Dec, 2008
    MbContact.com - did not download
    MBCONTACT.COM
    Tavares
    Florida

Yesterday 12-25-08, I purchased a 3 year VIP Membership and 1 Extra Feature USD 49.96 and this was approved--there was an order number 24706223 and they said the bill would be charged to my credit card. Now my complaint is I was not able to download this system into my computer. Please send the instructions so I may download this system that I believe I have already paid for

• Rd
      1st of Jan, 2009
    MbContact.com - scam, billing for freely available products
    MBContact.com
    Eveleth
    Minnesota

I responded to an email advertising lots of downloadable movies and TV shows and music. What they provided to download was no-charge torrent file-sharing software from BitTorrent. All i got from MBContact was a charge on my debit card.

• Td
      2nd of Jan, 2009
    MbContact.com - charged money no software
    Frisco
    Texas

This fraud company acts as ESET NOD32 anti virus program company and advertises 3 year membership of updating the software, charged 58 dollars 84 cents. They confirmed with an address it turned out to be another company IIS7.

Their phone number is also phony.