Maybank Group / Malayan Banking Berhad / credit card
I made a transaction on Viagogo website (an event ticketing company) which appeared to be a scam. Immediately after, I called Maybank Customer Service to lodge a report as I soon realized it was a scam and was unable to cancel the transaction (no MSOS Code, did not redirect to Maybank page for a TAC number, no SMS regarding the huge amount that was being deducted from my account). My card was charged. I checked on Maybank2u and there was no history of the transaction as well. Customer Service agent requested for my Credit Card number and told me the transaction was declined as it was a high-risk website.
I happily proceeded to get the legit transaction done and it was declined due to the credit limit. I immediately called them up to know what was going on. Surprisingly, the other agent told me the transaction went through on my AMEX and it was my fault not to check this in the first place. My question was how did you decline on the first card which was VISA and let this transaction go through on AMEX if it is a high-risk website? Does this not apply to all cards?
More Maybank Group / Malayan Banking Berhad Complaints & Reviews
- Maybank - maybank's poor customer service 
- Maybank Etiqa Insurance - services 
- Maybank - maybank car loan service
- Maybank - cash stuck in cash deposit machine 
- Maybank - black listed 
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking - service provided from maybank semenyih branch
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking - service counter very late
- Maybank Bukit Tinggi Klang - payment of waterboss in maybank
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking Berhad - scam monies account
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking Berhad - maybank simpang ampat