Maybank / cash stuck in cash deposit machine

1 Malaysia Review updated:

I was using the maybank cash deposit machine at Bandar, OUG, Kuala Lumpur. After inserting an amount of RM18000 in the machine "out of service" was displayed on the screen. I was freaking out and ran in to make a complaint only to face staffs with no sense of urgency, empathy or any effort to appear considerate. They sent me from counter to counter and asked me to fill out a from. The worst part was that they said that it would take 5 to 7 working days to get my money back. This is a really unacceptable time frame in such an advanced era of technology and living in a city. Banks charge us interest on a daily basis for late payment but why is it okay for them to delay the costumers money when they mess up due to their faulty machines. The staffs were of no help and were very mechanical. As a loyal customer for ten years I am more than dissapointed with the service provided.

Comments

• We
      3rd of May, 2010

Absolutely AGREE with the above mentioned complaint especially the "Interest" part!!!

The above situation happen to me in Permas Jaya, Johor Bahru branch too. The cash deposit machine suddenly display "Out Of Service" without issuing any receipt and the cash is stuck inside the machine. I have waited about an hour and make a call to the Customer Service as shown in the display. After finish reporting to the Customer Service Officer, she advice that I can go to the branch on any working day to get back the money else they need 7 working day to investigate.

However, when I go to the branch 2 days later (due to Sat and Sun), another officer told me that the machine was never down on that particular day. Also, told me that today is a busy day and they can only stop the machine at the end of the day for investigation. Should the officer carry out an immediate investigation right away ?

Personally, I think Maybank do not deserve to own/get ISO Certified based on the action and responses recieved.

Is all this fair to the customer? If the customer needed this money to pay for an operation fees or any urgent matters (live and death), how?

For any Maybank management level staff that is viewing these comments, PLEASE PURCHASE A MORE RELIABLE CASH DEPOSIT MACHINES!!!