Maruti True Value / pathetic customer service & vagueness

1 India Review updated:

This is a formal complaint against the kind of mental & physical harassments, I received while trying to purchase a true value car.

I simply can't understand why the bank is ready to finance easily for a new car, but asks hell lot of docs while going for a true value car. Even, if the bank is a partner of that showroom. It simply means that even the partners of true value are not sure about the quality of true value cars. Then how can Maruti expects its customers to be loyal enough?

Further if the bank is asking for the documents, it must state it at one go. To ask for furnishing the docs in parts have harassed me both mentally & physically for almost two weeks, that too despite booking the car in advance. If such is the credibility of Maruti True value, I would like to request everybody else planning to purchase true value cars to rather go for new cars. True value cars are simply not reliable and credible as per its partner's and my understanding.

I booked a car on 14th June 2007 from Alianz Automobiles, Safdarjang Enclave, Delhi. It was an Alto of July 2004, not that old either.

I financed through Kotak Mahindra Bank, which they claimed to be their partner. I submitted all the documents they needed.

Thereafter they kept on asking for documents in parts apart from the one I already submitted. Further I called up almost 25-40 times in this 1 week rather than themselves calling me to update my status. Their customer service was something, which I could rate 1 on a 10 point scale.

Finally, they suggested me that I should rather go for a new car, as getting financed for it is easier.

I would like to say that in that case, Maruti should obviously think of shutting down its true value division. Because, even its partners are not relying on its credibility.

Me as an experienced customer will never ever suggest anyone to buy a car from True value or even Maruti for that matter.

Further, I would spread across this message to as many people as possible, so that they should also not fall in the trap.

Comments

• Ra
      10th of Sep, 2007

Thanks a lot. Actually I was planning to buy an old car from Maruti True Value Shop. But after reading this I will obviously not do so.

Thanks again.

• Ka
      2nd of Feb, 2008

Thank you very much for posting this article , U have saved me from blowing money on buying a true value car . Probably now i will wait and not buy a maruti only . Hope Tata doesnot disappoint. your letter has really left me opposed to Maruti I was planning for a Wagon R used from true value Or a 800 new now i dont want a Maruti , its better i buy Nano Luxury rather than maruti.

• Ka
      10th of Mar, 2008

thanx alot 4 information bt can u please suggest where to look for a reliable source of purchasing a new car

• Am
      4th of Dec, 2008

thanks guys ... i think everyone should open up now and react to things a lot quicker. the attitude should change otherwise situations would soon get worse... i will not leave these guys and i will spread this like fire ... if you guys get some more bad experiences then please post them in detail.

• Wi
      16th of Jul, 2009

I totally agree with you as i have also had a bad experience with maruti true value. I went there 1 month back to sell my alto 2007 model just at maruti's face value. I thought it is better to deal with a trusted brand than to deal with a Carwalah or Dalal.

But, my experience with DD Motor Mayapuri was not better as i have personally visited thrice for valuation only and every time i received a new rate and the employee was actually bargaining with me. I mean how could you claim hassale free experience or peace of mind.

Maruti better shut down there true value shops otherwise it will directly affect its brand image in long run.

• Sr
      29th of Sep, 2009

As per my friends suggestion, I was about to go in for a true Value car and was searching for True value dealers in Navi Mumbai.It was by accident that i went through all the harrowing experiences of true value customers.The price of true value second hand cars almost match a new car the difference being quite marginal.The information was quite useful and now i have made up my mind for other options.I thank the customers for sharing their experience which is also a way to warn others from being cheated.