Maruti / vehile not delivered after 11 weeks

1 India Review updated:

Email sent on : 19th August 2009 to contact@maruti.co.in and crm@maruti.co.in and fpmarutisales@fortpoint.co.in

I have booked Ritz ZXI on 10th June 2009 booking # S0309000388 from Fort Point - Thane branch; at the time of booking i have been told that i will be getting car in SIX WEEKS time by Mr. Raviraj.

At the end of six weeks duration i gave a call to Mr. Raviraj and he told me that he will check and get back to me; after several time follow-up with him i came to know that it may be delayed by two weeks more.

Then i got a no of Mr. Walance (sales supervisor - Fort Point - Thane); after several follow-up with him i got to know that my car is going to be delivered on 15th of August 2009 and i will be getting car on 22nd August. During this conversation Mr. Walance was ready to issue me a letter "Assuring the delivery of the vehicle between 15th to 22nd August).

When i went to Fort Point for getting this letter, i came to know that Fort Point has extended delay in delivery by 5 weeks (so it's 6 + 5 weeks); i didn't accept the letter when i went their show room as it was not the letter which was committed to me over phone.

Then i booked a complain on [protected] for delay in delivery and irresponsibly handling the customer; i got a complain no [protected] and customer care executive asked me to wait for few days!; They have asked dealer to give me proper reply on this issue, Mr. Raviraj and Mr. Walance was trying to convince me for getting the VXI variant instead of ZXI; Apparently they have informed back to customer care center and closed the issue.

During this process i got a phone no of Mr. Dhiraj Agarwal (area sales executive); talked to him on 17th August 2009, regarding the issue about delay in delivery and he replied me saying he will discuss with his boss and get back to me on 19th. When i called to regional office no; i came to know that he is out of office today so call tomorrow.

With complete frustration i called on toll free no again to know status of the previous complain and they have registered new complain i.e. [protected] and asked me to wait and give them call after few days.

I am trying to get the status of car since last 5 weeks but I didn’t have proper answer since last many weeks; neither dealer nor customer care nor sales executive every one is buying time.

I am sorry to say this that I had never seen such a pathetic customer care service in any industry where value of customer is nothing.

Here with I am attaching the documents, which I got during this full idiotic process.

Reply recieved on: 20th August 2009 byfpmarutisales@fortpoint.co.in

Dear Mr Gandhi,

At the onset, kindly accept our sincere apologies towards this unforeseen delay in delivery period of your Ritz ZXI in Silky Silver colour.

We write this mail to intimate your goodself, that your Ritz ZXI in Silky Silver colour vehicle indent is being logged by tomorrow and we are hopeful that the vehicle should be tentatively be delivered in the next 15 days from tommorrow.We request you to kindly complete your documentation and balance full payment formalities to enable us to complete the other processes involved.

Furthermore, we are also thankful to you, to have highlighted this overall delivery communication commitments to our office .This would assist us in putting a process in place towards such communication lacunae.We once again regret the inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any further assistance or clarifications if required.

Thanking and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Sincerely,
Ms Yashoda Bhanushali
(Asst Manager-Customer Care)

Sent reply on 25th August 2009 to

Reminder notice:

Although i have received this below mentioned e-mail from Fort Point, today i got another written letter(couriered) from Fort Point saying there will be again in delivery delay of 5 to 7 weeks for Ritz ZXI.

On this behalf i would like to know what is happening at your end? can you give me clear picture.

I have visited Fort Point (Thane) branch on 22nd August 2009, and Mr. Raviraj was giving me idea that car will be dispatched on Monday (i.e. 24th August) but no news has been communicated to me after this regarding the car is already dispatched or it's on the way or what is the status?

Can you please further clarify?????

Mihir Gandhi

Replied recieved on 25th

Dear Mr Gandhi,

Greetings from Fortpoint.

Kindly refer the trailing mail of 20th August wherein we have conveyed that the vehicle should be tentatively delivered within 3 working weeks.We had mentioned in our trailing mail that your vehicle ie Ritz ZXI Silky Silver colour order has been logged in for production at MSIL.

Also, we are tentatively expecting this vehicle to be dispatched by the late 1st week of September.We shall be communicating with your goodself further, once the vehicle is dispatched from Gurgaon since the transit time for the vehicle to ground at our stockyard is 6-7 days.Post this the registration formalites will be processed.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused & request you to kindly bear with us until then.

Thanking and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Sincerely,

Ms Yashoda Bhanushali
(Asst Manager-Customer Care)

Replied on 27th August 2009

I am sure now, that either fort point or MARUTI has no value of what you have said earlier.

In reply dated 25th August you are saying it will be delivered in 3 weeks where as i have highlighted in your reply dated on 20th August about 15 days i.e.2 weeks. In none of the reply you are saying what if two weeks passed and you have not delivered? do you have any answer which i can digest?

In real world there is no value of word "SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE". I have gone through serious mental trauma during fallowing things out in this process. Neither maruti nor fort point has even thought about inconvenience and you are talking about bloody sorry for this process!!! I did spend about enough money for followup phone calls to Mr. Raviraj and Mr. Walance

I had waited double the time what has been earlier committed to me and still i am getting false commitments only.

When you guys will stop giving promises and start acting? Is this the way you always deal with customer? I am not saying that only Fort Point is responsible for this; MARUTI is equally responsible for this complete irresponsible process. Who is responsible in Maruti and Fort point is for this?

Don't reply me if you have only ### word "sorry" instead of something firm on hand to deliver. Where the heck maruti representatives are? Were they sleeping during this period? What has caused this much of delay? Do you have any justifications on my questions?

Comments

• Pk
      15th of Oct, 2009

Actually my case is worse than Mr Mihir Gandhi's. I booked my Silky Silver Ritz LXi with Competent Motors in Delhi on 8 July 2009. I haven't set eyes on the car yet - it is 15 October today. There has been no respose from Maruti Customet Care either. Competent keeps putting me off every few days. In the meanwhile I'm already losing interest on my car loan. I'm certain that Competent gives out the cars to customers who are willing to pay cash down and a premium. In fact another branch of Competent did offer me the car on a premium of 9, 000/-. I think Maruti needs to seriously relook at its distribution network.

• Gi
      7th of Nov, 2009

I have a similar case like Mr. Mihir Gandhi, after booking a Swift Dzire VXI in the month of September 2008. The vehicle was to be delivered within two months. Fort Point did not deliver the vehicle nor confirmed as to what is the reason for the delay or how much more time it will take for delivery.

I managed to get the contact number of Maruti Regional Sales office in Bandra, Mumbai. Response from Maruti Regional office was as such, they were not really bothered about such customer complaints and dealers are important for them.

After spending a couple of weeks, I realised that it is waste of time and money interacting with such unprofessional people. I cancelled my booking and received the refund of Rs 50000/- in the month of January. Obviously, they did not bother to pay any interest because the booking was cancelled by me!! I asked them whether they have realised as to what made me cancel the booking?? I am yet to receive an answer from Maruti or Fort Point on this.

Have you ever seen a contact number / mail id of a Maruti official who is responsible for attending such complaints? With so many options, customers still book Maruti vehicles and wait for a couple of months and face the same problem.

Do you think, Suzuki will be handling Japanese customers like this? Unfortunately, in our country customers have no value. They are always sqeezed on prices, quality, after sales service and everything.

Regards