[Resolved] Malwarebytes — service - tech scam
I was talked into buying 2 years of 'protection' for my Mac and Smartphone for &70.99, (a "discount") Was told to go toGoogle Play to download for Android.
Google Play won't open on my cell phone, and a warning that Malwarebytes had been hacked into came up.
I called the support number for Malwarebytes, and a man from India answered the phone without stating the company he was with. When I asked, he said anti virus tech.
He insisted I go to my computer, but my inner voice and gut feeling was NO.
He said he would look into my IP address and get back to me in 20 minutes.
(He said he could sell me Malwarebytes for my router as well as what I had already purchased for both phones.)
When he called back on my cell phone wanting me to go to my computer to get my cell phones Malwarebytes going - my gut screamed NO.
I told him I wasn't comfortable with this, and ended the call.
A few minutes later, I called the number he had called me from - a New York # no longer in service.
After coming home from work that day, there was a 1 minute long message a people talking in the background - not asking for, or, speaking to me.
Strange - What a scam. Beware.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Updated by Deb Hock · Nov 20, 2017
If Malwarebytes isn't available from Google Play - where then?
Malwarebytes Customer Care's Response · Dec 28, 2017
Based on your description it does sound like a potential scam attempt. Could you reach out to us and provide more information on the phone number you received the call from? We will investigate on our end, there is no association with a "anti virus tech" which is concerning if they are representing themselves as Malwarebytes.
To contact our support:
Thank you for your time
More Malwarebytes Complaints & Reviews
- Malwarebytes - unethical, unauthorized credit card charge - request refund
- Malwarebytes - program performance
- [Resolved] Malwarebytes - unistalled windows vista, driver 
- [Resolved] Malwarebytes - double billing
- [Resolved] Malwarebytes - malwarebytes anti-exploit premium
- [Resolved] Malwarebytes - unprofessionals 
- Malwarebytes - can't get a id & key code 
- [Resolved] Malwarebytes - premium 3pc / 1yr activation
- [Resolved] Malwarebytes - malwarebytes on my personal laptop computer
- [Resolved] Malwarebytes - download malwarebytes