MagsForLess.com / Organizing class action lawsuit against Joel Simkhai and Magsforless.com!

I am gathering info from "customers" who were ripped off by Joel Simkhai and his scam outfit, including the other companies he owns that are related to Magsforless.com in preparation for a class action lawsuit. One of my fellow complainants (Drew) created a webpage on his site where you can add yourself to the list of consumers that have been victimized by President of Magsforless.com Joel Simkhai and his list of ripoff companies (ALMOSTFREEMAGS.COM, softwareprojects.com, etc... I'm sure there is more of them).

I will NOT release the URL where you can see the info to anyone... obviously for privacy reasons (it lists names, addresses, contact phone numbers, and email addresses... I'm sure scammers would LOVE to get that info... It's not going to happen on MY watch).

This is NOT a joke or another scam to obtain info from consumers... Email me at rookie139@yahoo.com to obtain my cell # if you wish to discuss this on the phone... The more ripped off customers we contact, the better for us!

I was scammed for $40 when I ordered several subscriptions for my wife for Christmas in early December 2006... Never got a !@#$ thing!!!... I'm NOT putting up with it!!!

As soon as I gather enough complainants, I will be contacting attorneys that specialize in consumer affairs and class action suits. I am a police officer and will not stand for this!

Keith.

Ke

Comments

• Ke
      18th of Apr, 2007

I was contacted by Mike Peters, general manager for softwareprojects.com who advised me that their company is not affiliated with Magsforless.com... They only did some software work for them in the past and disassociated them selves from magsforless.com after they started to rip off consumers. They are two separate companies. I apologize for my error.

Keith

• Du
      27th of Apr, 2007

Same thing happened to me. I never received my magazine and customer support never responded.

3rd of May, 2007

Same thing here. These guys are crooks! Avoid at all cost. I can't believe they are still in business ripping people every day.

• Di
      17th of Jun, 2007

Same thing again... Ordered $40.00 in subscriptions in Feb. 2007. Have not rec'd one! Tried emailing over and over and over, no reply.

I now have a "resolution" thing going on with Visa and hoping to get a credit .

Good luck. Di

• Na
      1st of Jul, 2007

I ordered several magazines for myself plus gifts for relatives at Christmas. When I realized that my subscriptions had not been received, I notified them and received a note from Meagan saying she had discovered the problem and it would be rectified. I have since written several more times and was told they were updating their system and to use a specific code number. Of course, I still have not heard back from them after writing and asking that I be contacted immediately.

I cannot understand how they're still in business. I would love to see a class action lawsuit brought against them.

Thanks! Nancy

10th of Jul, 2007

I ordered mags in Dec 2006 and have written to this company (magsforless) numerous times. They still have not responded other than to acknowledge received mail. I would be happy to join in any suit. The amount of money they have scammed people out of must be phenomenal.

Charlene.

• Ni
      11th of Jul, 2007

Add another 'ripped-off' customer to your list. I too ordered mags for Christmas and here it is - July- and NO mags delivered. I've tried several times emailing through their website, but no reply.

VERY disappointed!!

15th of Jul, 2007

This is Joel Simkhai the owner of MagsForLess.

Please email me directly at owner@magsforless.com if you have any open issues. I will make sure that your issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

Regards,
    Joel

• Ke
      24th of Jul, 2007

OK...So far everyone on the current list has been reimbursed by the owner Joel.

He wanted me to post his email address (JSimkhai@magsforless.com or owner@magsforless.com) so if anyone has not received a refund or lost their money, please email him with your order # and he will take care of it

Keith

• Al
      27th of Jul, 2007

This guy, Joel, is a very smart guy he took care of those complaints and he reimburse the money and now everyone it happy... but the reality is that there are a lot of people like us that got riped off that do not complain (they forget a bout it ). That is why Mags4 less is still in business. Be ware although you may have received your refund there are probably thousands of other customers that did not. Therefore don't let this smart guy to outsmart you!!!

Kith , keep on with the class action after all you didn't want to sue just to get your $30 back it is because this is a scam!!! (a very smart one).

• Ad
      1st of Aug, 2007

Don't be fooled. I have been trying for weeks to contact Joel at all his posted emails across the internet in regards to his willingness to resolve any open issues. I NEVER get a response. Apparently he ignores those emails but when he posts his "contact information" on complaint sites, it makes him look better to people who may be researching before placing their orders. Little do they know, he doesn't ever respond!!!

1st of Aug, 2007

Joel Simkhai real email addy is joel@magsforless.com Flood the mofo and don't even bother emailing any of the other ones coz they ain't real.

• Je
      6th of Aug, 2007

If you have been ripped off by Joel Simkhai, please file a complaint with the New York Attorney General's Office. Don't let Simkhai get away with this.

File a complaint online at:

It only takes a few minutes, but it is important that the AG knows about fraudulent businesses operating within his jurisdiction. Regardless of whether you received a refund, Simkhai should not be selling magazine subscriptions that he cannot deliver in the first place!!

6th of Sep, 2007

This is Joel and I am the owner of MagsForLess. Please email me directly at owner@magsforless.com if you have any open issues. I will make sure that your issue is resolved within one day.

Regards,
    Joel

• Ro
      16th of Sep, 2007

Same as everyone else...paid through paypal for a subscription, never received it, sent more than a dozen emails, got some auto responses, no refund. One guy even promised a refund, but never received it. Definitely a scam...can't believe I fell for it. Please...if someone out there has the resources to follow up w/a class action suit, I'm in...I hate these people...I hate being scammed, and did I mention I hate these people? They are worthless human beings, and they need to be stopped...there...I feel better now...

• Ro
      16th of Sep, 2007

One more thing...it appears they're operating as not only magsforless, but also my1mags and halfpricedmags. Somehow, they're all in cahoots.

• Th
      20th of Sep, 2007

Yes, magsforless is a rip off. I placed an order on 1/10/07 and have been dealing with them ever since. In April of this year I sent them an email and received this reply:

Dear Thomas,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I located the orders you are referring to and was able to identify the problem with getting your subscriptions processed. The issue has been corrected.

I can go ahead and personally resubmit your orders to the publisher and put a rush on it. You would receive your magazine within the next 4-12 weeks. If you do not want to wait any longer I can issue a refund to your account. Please let me know which you would prefer to do.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation on this matter.

Best Regards,

Meagen Richards,

MagsForLess Customer Support

meagen@magsforless.com

then in July I sent another email and got this reply:

Dear Customer,

I have personally resubmitted your orders to the publisher and put a rush on it. You should receive your magazine within the next 4-12 weeks. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation on this matter.

Dexter Williams

and finally tonight I sent an email to our friend Joel who has been posting on here to see what would happen and here's the email I got back:

Dear Customer,

I will be happy to personally resubmit your order and put a rush on it. However, if you would prefer a complete refund, I will forward your request to our Refunds Manager and you will receive a refund within 14 days. If you would like a refund please reply to this email with your current mailing address and order number.

I look forward to your reply.

Kim Scott

Customer Service Manager

• Va
      10th of Oct, 2007

Thomas,

Do you have any information about a class action suit against magsforless.com? I would be interested in adding my name to the list. Thanks!

• Ki
      12th of Dec, 2007

I am the Customer Service Manager for MagsForLess. If you are having any problems with your orders, please contact me. I will be more than happy to make sure you receive your order ASAP or a refund if that is what you are requesting. Please, let me prove that our customer service team will resolve your problems immediately. My email is kim@magsforless.com , I look forward to helping you resolve any and all issues.

Kim Scott.