MagsForLess.comBuyers beware!

S

I ordered a renewal of my Sports Illustrated subscription on March 9, 2006 since it was to expire by July, 2006. Sports Illustrated has no record of being contacted about this renewal.

I have emailed this company several times and have received no response. The phone number listed above is an answering machine which gives the following message: “Thank you for calling. Goodbye.”

According to the New York Better Business Bureau, there have been several complaints vs. this firm. In checking opinions.com, numerous people have also complained about not receiving their subscriptions. BUYERS BEWARE! At this point, all I want is my money back.

S. R.

Date Ordered:
Thu 09 Mar 2006

• Yv
    yvonne peterson young Jul 23, 2009

they took my money out of my bank account in early june and i have not received Any magazines yet. i either want my magazines or a refund, now. yvonne young 524 n. gore enid ok. 73701 [email protected] or [email protected]

• Wi
    William Perez Nov 18, 2008

I made an order a few years ago myself. I never received a magazine nor my money. Luckily, my order was not costly. But, the aggravation of getting contant promises really pissed me off. Still does, even to the point that I am still trying to find those criminals.

• Ri
    Rita Oct 31, 2008

I too am having big trouble w/magsforless.com. 7/29/08 I ordered the Economist $42.99. My cc was charged but 17 wks later no magazine. They do not respond to my requests. I definitely would not recommend them. I believe it's a scam. I should have known when they didn't have a phone number on the website. Live and learn!

Mags For Less IS SUCK Sep 26, 2008

All of their phone numbers are either disconntected / just voice mails. No real person will anwser your phone calls.

Joel Simkhai, President
    [protected]

They also do business with the following names. Please make sure you do not buy from them, too.

halfpricedmags
    halfpricedmags.com

My1 Mag
    My1Mag.com

SnappyMags.com

Check these websites, forums out for more and more and more complaints about this company, and how they steal money from people.

All MagsForLess.com does is TO SCREW UP PEOPLE!!

Mags For Less IS SUCK Sep 26, 2008

I placed a magazine subscription order on MagsForLess.com back in 5/29/08. According to the email Mags For Less sent me on 5/29/08, my order was confirmed, and the first issue will arrive within six to eight weeks from the time the order is placed.

I had been waiting for over 10 weeks, but there was still no magazine sent to me. Therefore, I emailed them @ [email protected] on 8/7/08 to check the status. JAMIE DAVIS @ MAGSFORLESS SUPPORT replied me on 8/9/08 to say they sincerely apologize for the delay. They located my order and was able resolve the problem. I will receive my first issue in the mail within six weeks.

Another six weeks was gone. I email JAMIE DAVIS @ MAGSFORLESS SUPPORT again on 9/17/08 to check what is going on with my order because I still have not receive anything. I got no response from JAMIE DAVIS @ MAGSFORLESS SUPPORT. So I keep emailing them once everyday. Unfortunately, they never reply me again.

This company is a scam. They told me on 8/9/08 that I'll receive my first issue within six weeks (which I never receive) just because they could buy more time, so I won't be able to file chargeback with my credit card company after 3 months. Now they took my money, but never send me anything, nor reply to my email. I am screwed!!

No one should buy from magsforless.com no more!!

• Re
    Reynold Andrewsikas May 10, 2008

I ordered mags, but like all the others never received them. If you have money to burn, then order from them, but you will get screwed.

• Le
    Lewis Williams Mar 27, 2008

This information is certainly true
    The company took my money and never delivered any magazines (almost 80.00)
    They will not contact you. They keep putting you off with automated e-mails until the grace period runs out on your credit card.
    I have complained to the Better Business Bureau and Yahoo about them.

• Am
    Amy D Feb 21, 2008

Exact same experience for me. Placed my order in August 2007 and now it is February 2008 and still no magazines, no response from anyone at the "company", no refund, etc. I am utterly disgusted. I order off the internet all the time and have NEVER been ripped off before. I am very angry and upset by these SCAMMERS!!!

• Ly
    Lynn Fairchild Martin Feb 06, 2008

Like a bunch of others that I've found online now, Magsforless.com ripped me off for four magazine subscriptions and gave me the same e-mail run-around that they gave to everyone else. Of course, there is no other contact info, so... Ironically, they're advertising on this, very site. They're still out there ripping people off!!!

• Cs
    CScott Feb 05, 2008

I agree with this article 100%.

Joel Simkhai MagsForLess.com, I don't believe a word you say.
    You ripped me off in 2006 and I continue to spread the word about what a con you are. I hope you really enjoy my $10.68 cause in me you purchased a life long content of bad PR buddy. I will never stop telling people about you. People like you make me sick, cause you leech off the poorest people at the bottom, who can't pay for high dollar subscription. I hope and pray that someday as you cross the street a very large and heavy trucks brakes fail.

CScott

• Cr
    Craig Houghton Feb 03, 2008

I ordered and paid on-line for a three year subscription to Popular Science from MagsForLess.Com. MagsForLess acknowledged receipt of my payment and stated that delivery would take six to twelve weeks, just long enough that I did not have recourse through my credit card company. After three months, I contacted MagsForLess Customer Service and received no reply. During the next year I sent multiple e-mails and finally received a response. MagsForLess customer service replied that they had made an error, but my three year magazine subscription would be resubmitted and I would start receiving the magazine in six to twelve weeks, a year late. Fours months later, one year and four months total, still no magazine and again absolutely no response to my e-mails. I have now started filing complaints against MagsForLess with anyone who will listen.

• Ju

(t) 212.416.8196
    (f) 212.416.8369
    [email protected]

Samantha Bostic Dec 16, 2007

I previously ordered magazines from this company and had no problems. I placed an order in October of 2006 and havee not received it yet. Each time I complain I am asked to wait 4 to 8 more weeks. Don't do business with this company. I'm filing a complaint with the NY Better Business Bureau.

• Dc
    DCB Dec 07, 2007

Just to add to the ditto pile... same deal, seven months, no magazine, same reply from megan, fortunately only out $8. Forwarded all correspondence to: [email protected]

Derek S Dec 06, 2007

If Joel Simkhai is not in jail by February of 2008, I am personally going to see to it that he never rips off another customer. Karma is a wonderful thing.

• Be
    Beth Tucker Nov 28, 2007

Like most people here, I have ordered a renewal and have never received it. I have emailed them several times and received answers to two of the emails, the same canned responses that others have received, however I have not had a response to my most recent emails. The website just keeps creating ticket numbers. I will now contact the state Attorney General's office and the better business bureau.

• Di
    Diana Yonan Nov 10, 2007

I ordered several subscriptions, but only received one and i don't think they are coming anymore, i only received about 4 issues from one magazine, however i ordered 4 subscriptions, luckily it was cheap, and i seem to be the lucky one!!!

• Ne
    Neil Katz Nov 05, 2007

I had the same experience as everyone else. I order a magazine last July (2006) and never received the magazines. After numerous complaints, I finally gave up, figuring it was not worth the hustle anymore. Imagine my surprise when this past Saturday (Nov 2 2007), I received a check from an outfit named PMR Enterprises LLC for the amount of my subscription, with a notation "magsforless refund". I guess no good deed goes unpunished after all.

derek Oct 18, 2007

This jerk off guy screwed me too! I am going to get my money back regardless!

• Va
    Valerie Sedaghat Oct 10, 2007

Hi Joel,

Long time no hear. I did email you directly on April 4, 2007. Order ID 254612. I still have not seen my refund. I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around".

Angela Molinas Oct 01, 2007

I ordered a 3-year subscription to TV Guide for my sister in August 2005. Months and months went by, and still no magazines. So I e-mailed "Jeff," and got the same e-mail reply as the others here:

I do apologize for the inconvenience. When I looked up your account I found the order you are referring to and found there was a problem processing your subscription from the publisher. Unfortunately at times publishers reject our orders due to improperly formatted mailing address, incomplete zip code etc. I went ahead and personally resubmitted your order to the publisher and put a rush on it. You should receive your magazine within 4-12 weeks.

Best Regards,
    Meagen Richards,
    MagsForLess Customer Support
    [email protected]

More and more months passed, and again, no magazines came. It didn't take an Einstein to figure out I'd been scammed. If it were just for me, I might not be as upset as I am. But this subscription was a gift for my sister, who is not well and lives in a home on an extremely limited income. She finally got tired of waiting and paid for her own subscription directly through TV Guide.

Caveat emptor!

• Ni
    Nivla Boyd Sep 21, 2007

My complaint is pretty much the same as everyone else's. They wait long enough that you cannot do anything about getting your money back on your charge card as the expiration time has WAY past the time of it's limits. It is sooooo sad that so many have been ripped off. I have wondered if there really was a Meagan Richards and then I got a NEWER updated list that said they were trying to correct everything with a new web site and would refund my money. Ha!
    I am amongst all the rest and will never, ever do this again. I wished I had Googled'd this first!!!
    Nivla Boyd
    Houston, Texas

joel Sep 06, 2007

This is Joel and I am the owner of MagsForLess. Please email me directly at [email protected] if you have any open issues. I will make sure that your issue is resolved within one day.

Regards,
    Joel

Sanjay Agarwal Aug 26, 2007

People there is not much to add that hasn't already been said about this company. Ordered 4 magazines in October, 2006 and nothing for 3 months. Emailed only once (waste of time) with of course no replay. So, called AMEX and being a good customer, they did refund my money. But then I ran across all these websites uniformly complaining about this company. So I wrote to NY AG and 2 months later got a refund from the company.

Seems you CAN get your money back from this company if you write to NY AG ( I did this online). Once they get an inquiry from the NY AG, they quickly refund your money and tell the AG's office that they have already 'taken care' of the refund. I am really puzzled why the NY AG has not shut this scam down. But then this is New York, the capital of scam businesses.

Deborah Checkwood Aug 23, 2007

I wish I had researched the company before I ordered Auto Week magazine from them. After 9 weeks and many attempts to get through their maze of contacting them I still have had no response or magazine. I called Auto Week directly and they were very helpful - they offered to send me a year's subscription at no charge once I faxed them my receipt from Magsforless.com showing I had paid on a credit card. There are good companies out there JUST STAY AWAY FROM MAGSFORLESS.COM - it's not worth trying to save a few dollars!

• Sm
    s maddy Aug 09, 2007

I'm just another person who has been ripped off by half price mags. I hope they get caught up with and have to pay for what they are doing to their customers. s. maddy.

• Ra
    Ray Estolano Aug 03, 2007

I urge everyone to stay away from Magsforless. I placed an order last July for several magazines, received none of the magazines and no refund, though I have emailed and called the company over 100 times. They respond with automated emails and are, I believe, a complete and utter fraud. I wonder if anyone gets magazines from them?

Debra Scott Aug 01, 2007

Joel Simkhai is a criminal and should be locked behind bars. I emailed [email protected] two weeks ago and surprise surprise no response. Is this another trick to buy time??!!? How this company is still taking orders is beyond me.

If anyone working for MagsForLess is reading my message, I hope you can sleep well at night knowing you work for a company in the business of cheating innocent people out of their hard earned money.

May you all rot in hell!

• Ro
    Robert Savage Jul 30, 2007

I too ordered a subscription from this company (www.magsforless.com) and now over 7 months later, have still not received the magazine I ordered. Based upon my findings on the web about this company, Mr. Simkhai should be in prison.

• Ke
    Keith Jul 27, 2007

There is a hold on the pending magsforless.com class action lawsuit... Email the owner Joel at [email protected] or at [email protected] with your order # if you still have it and he will send you your refund. He has refunded every person currently on our list so I do have faith that he will do the right thing.

Keith

• Mi
    Michael Jul 24, 2007

I totally agree with every complaint that I have read here. I ordered with them back in early 2005, and got my magazines, everything seemed great. I ordered again in August of 2006 and never got my magazines. I inquired in February of 2007 and got the same email everyone else got. After my 12 weeks, plus a few, I emailed again in May. I got a new response referring me to their website to file a trouble ticket. I did, along with 4 more since then, with no response. I did get one email from them; it was another copy of the one I got back in February. I also have the problem of the website not remembering my login credentials to view my past tickets. I personally could care less about the $20 at the moment; I'd really like my magazines.

• Cj
    CJ Gothart Jul 24, 2007

On 2/17/07 I ordered two subscriptions and have not received either one yet. I went to their support ID and opened two tickets for the orders. Confirmations were immediately sent to my email address, but I have had no response. When I tried to go back into the support center, it no longer recognizes me. They also have no number listed, but on my credit card statement, there was an [protected] with MAGS411.com on the statement. It is always busy, no answer. I even called directly to the magazines customer service. They had no record of Magforless entering my order and said they have heard from other customers inquiring about orders placed though Magsforless.

I would caution anyone falling for the low prices. Getting burned once, far outweighs the potential of saving a few dollars.

• Je
    jessica Jul 23, 2007

I have used this company for three years & never had any problems... they have always given me all my subscriptions UNTIL NOW!!! I decided to get my father for father's day 2 subscriptions - one for Popular Science & one for Popular Mechanics... well, he still hasn't received either!!! I had no idea anyone else had been having problems with this mag site & now I am quickly telling all my friends to make sure & never buy from here b/c it isn't reliable! I can't believe this has happened! I have contacted their customer support several weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them. I just finished emailing the owner... maybe he will resolve my problem. If he does I will come back & update this entry.

• We
    Wes Jul 22, 2007

I had a nearly-identical experience to yours -- same timeline, same replies, same failure to refund my money even after Meagan assigned my "ticket to the Refunds Manager." Apparently, that is their standard line. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New York today, and I will be looking for other opportunities to punish the company and its owner (s)' treachery.

Deborah Dibert Jul 21, 2007

I ordered 6 magazines in Sept. 2006. 2 magazines were Christmas gifts and neither were ever received. I kept getting the run around. Iwas told there was a backlog at the publishers. All of it is bogus. They need to have their website taken away. It's a B-I-G scam!!!

Joel Simkhai Jul 15, 2007

This is Joel Simkhai the owner of MagsForLess.

Please email me directly at [email protected] if you have any open issues. I will make sure that your issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

Regards,
    Joel

• Ka
    Karen Galas Jul 14, 2007

On 3/17/07 I ordered and paid for 2 magazine subscriptions. I received an email confirmation and my cc was charged. In early July I began emailing to get a status and as 7/14/07 have still not been contacted in any way. All attempts using their website is futile, nothing but an infinite circle... where they don't recognize the order number and therefore can't provide any status. Email to CS and info is returned with an automated message that sends you back to the website that doesn't work.

They 888 number on my cc bill does not work. I will now write to the magazines directly but I believe it is too late to get a refund on my cc as it is past 90 days.

Sweet setup for them... pure fraud.

• Da
    Daniel Harkness Jul 11, 2007

I've had EXACTLY the same experience, and I've been trying to get somewhere with these thieves since August 06. I bought New Yorker subscriptions for family and friends, and then bought their bait-and-switch gimmick and reordered again (I really thought I would get a refund for the lower, "obsolete" price.)

I purchased through PayPal, so thought I was covered... but PayPal doesn't take action after 60 days, which came before I learned that the gift subscriptions never arrived.

I've referred this to Kim Youmans with the Consumer Protection Division of the Idaho Attorney General's Office, and she has written letters to the New York Attorney General as well as MagsforLess, but I'm not very hopeful.

Good scam. Pretty smart people.

Christopher Kell Jul 09, 2007

Placed two orders and never received magazines. Attempted to contact the company with no reply like everyone else. I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

• Br
    Brenda Scaife Jul 06, 2007

I ordered a subscription for my son in January 07 and never received the magazine. It is now mid July and still no magazine. I guess a bargain really isn't a bargain if you never receive the product. I wish I had read the complaints before I ordered. I'll know better next time.