Magellan Maestro GPS / Don't buy

United States Review updated:

Do not buy one of these. We bought one and within 1 month the screen was messed up (the pixels were degraded or damaged such that it looks like there are fireworks on the display.) Well, Magellan says it is not covered by their warranty because the screen is a component part that is not manufactured by them. So to get the screen fixed would cost an estimated $150 on this thing we just paid $450 for. Unbelievable. I for one will not be buying any more Magellan Products, and I recommend that you don't either!
Va

Comments

Ge
  8th of Oct, 2008
Buyer beware when buying a Magellan Maestro. If you have any problems, you WILL be dealing with customer service abroad. They do NOT make public the fact that you only have 30 days to get a free upgrade if you bought a unit with an old map build number. In my case, the web site said you needed an upgrade if you had a build number under 31. Mine had a build number of 29. I talked to people overseas, corresponded via email, and finally got someone in Tampa, all to no avail. Policy is policy, you see. You've been warned!