Lustig, Glaser & Wilson, P.C. / dont trust this company

United States Review updated:

Employees of this company use bad business practices every day. In order to obtain judgments it is OK for them to use deceptive and unfair methods. I already reported them to authorities but I want to make sure that no more people will encounter them.

Comments

• Kc
      10th of Apr, 2012

If you'd like to speak with us to discuss your issues I would be happy to speak with you. My direct line is 781-514-1526.
    Kenneth C. Wilson, Managing Attorney.

• Co
      23rd of Jun, 2012

Lustig Glaser and Wilson are indeed deceptive. I have recently had a case dismissed with this Collection Attorney. I am in the process of weighing my options as to what is the best way to make them pay. It is sad they use the courts in Massachusetts as an extension of their collection practices and allowed to get away with producing no evidence of the alleged debts. I am not so interested in receiving damages for myself but wish to make the documents I possess available to the Attorney general, Ftc and the new Consumer Financial Agency. I also want to send them along to Mr.Justin Black Ceo of Encore Capital. I am distressed by the business model they seem to use in their collection cases. Be very careful fellow consumers especially if you are representing yourself this is when they try to give false information and intimidation to coerce you into paying. I have recently sent a tip to the Patriot Ledger a local newspaper which ran a story about Midland Funding to shine a light on this subject. I am far from being through...

• Dj
      2nd of Aug, 2012

Its like Im reading my own story! I too am battling them in court in the beggining by myself but after seeing how they handle things I have hired a lawyer. We have meet with them in court on numerous times and it seems to me that the court clerk who mediates is on Lustig Glaser and Wilsons payroll. My lawyer and I have asked Lustig Glaser and Wilson through the courts for paperwork showing line for line what I owe and they have yet to produce anything but a fax that was barely readable. The court clerk who meidates over our meetings has all but said that he takes their side not even looking at the paperwork I have. How did you finally get your case dismissed? Everytime we go its pushed out for another 60 days or 90 days with no paperwork. Who did you hire for a lawyer?

• Co
      6th of Aug, 2012

I represented myself through the whole discovery process and hired a lawyer a month before my court date. The minute the attorney sent them a letter stating he was representing me they folded like a wet suit. Dont give in they have no proof of anything. They are trying to make it expensive for you by asking for more time. I was in QUINCY DISTRICT COURT they are all for the Lustig, Glaser and Wilson I think the Clerk should be punished for telling people to settle with them when they have No reliable proof. The clerk should not be giving legal advice it is against all ethical duties his job requires. I laughed when he encouraged me to settle for 30 to 50 percent.. It was cheaper hiring an attorney!! Attorney Elizabeth Miller and Josef Culi. I am really surprised they have not dismissed your case. I have some interesting documents that shows how deceptive their collection practices are, we all need to get together and sue this law firm, If you have any questions write back and I will try to help you. I will check this site every few days

19th of Sep, 2012

I will say that I am glad I read this when I did. I have two active cases with this office. I first received paperwork from them about a week ago (they seem to have quite a delay in actually sending out their mail as the span of time from when the letter is actually dated to when it's posted is ridiculous). I experienced financial troubles after the death of my father and two years of being unemployed thereafter. I called today to see what kind of settlement offer we could reach on BOTH accounts. Needless to say that not only did the Collection Representative coerce me into providing personal information that I did NOT want to provide, but she was unwilling to make any form of agreement. While I realize that this "firm" may be under the wrong impression that anyone who has a bill to pay is uneducated and uninformed, they are sorely mistaken. The fact that I called you, wanting to pay, and you essentially refused to take my payment, refused to put anything in writing, is not only illegal and unethical, but inhumane. I will be calling them again tomorrow to counter off although I sincerely doubt that uneducated rep. will actually be competent to handle my case. If anyone could please send me information on them so that I can prepare my case all help would be greatly appreciated. If LGW wants to waste their time by going to court rather than settling out, fine with me. But when the consumer is cooperating, making a reasonable offer and you refuse... well then, that pretty much says it all. I guarantee that they will not respond to any written request I have made.

Again, any advice or feedback as to how to deal with them would be greatly appreciated.

23rd of Sep, 2012

Why vent here when you can call me directly? While you are certainly free to discuss your experience in a forum such as this it seems odd to me that someone who really wants to resolve an account or an issue with an account or who has had a less than satisfactory experience with a company would not contact the owner of the company and discuss his/her concerns directly with the person who can directly address them. My direct line is 781-514-1526. My email address is [protected]@lgw.com.
    Kenneth C. Wilson, Managing Attorney.

25th of Oct, 2012

All of you are completely correct to fight this unprofessional law firm. It's only a matter of time before Kenneth Wilson loses his law license.

• Da
      20th of Nov, 2012

I too am battling Lustig Wilson and Lustig. Anyone out there who can give some advice. Have been to court, they want to take from my checking acct each month! I haven't seen any validation on this debt. HELP.

21st of Nov, 2012

The best way to raise your concerns about a debt is to contact our firm directly. Please contact me at 781-514-1526 or by email at [protected]@lgw.com and I will be happy to go over your account with you.
    Kenneth C. Wilson - Managing Partner
    THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR

28th of Nov, 2012

Debt collectors push you around if they sniff you don't know their game or more aptly your legal rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer, it will save you potential trouble in the future.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
    6-Settlement Offer Letter - very important don't pay anything without it.
    -If your state's SOL is expired the debt is noncollectable, period! That's why you
    -Never ever accept/agree/acknowledge you owe/own a debt. Per Federal law first demand a VOD. Use CMRRR (you can call but not recommended. Be sure to record the call)
    -VOD must be the original document with your signature on it, not a letterhead stating some amounts owed.
    -NEVER EVER confirm your your personal info. Tell them to mail whatever to the address on file.
    -if you legitimately owe a debt don't pay anything without a settlement offer letter.
    -mail checks with tracking No. or signature required, no electronic access to your bank ac. you will be cleaned out. Keep records for life.

TOO MANY CALLS, CALLS TO FRIENDS, WORK ETC
    -Send a C&D by CMRRR stating when, frequency and how they will contact you.
    -If you talk to a CA ALWAYS write down immediately, who called, where from, said what, why, when, what, i.e. everything. This is acceptable evidence in court.
    -If CA violate your rights each infraction is worth $1000 to you. Thus, use CMRRR and/or record all calls ->evidence is $$$ for you. No lawyer?, sue pro se, see #5 above

1st of Dec, 2012

I am in the process of setting up a dedicated website that will focus on Kenneth Wilson's illegal collection tactics. It will provide all current information that is on the web and will contain a message board where individuals can discuss their experiences with him and advice on taking action relative to his underhanded tactics. We will shine the light of day on him and he will fall. I'll keep all of you updated on this project.

2nd of Dec, 2012

jj341 accuses me of engaging in "illegal collection tactics". That's an extremely serious allegation. Can you be a bit more specific? Are you able to provide details from your personal experience with me or with my firm of such illegal collection tactics? Can you, from your personal knowledge and/or experience - not something you've read posted annonomously on a message board such as this - describe the illegal collection tactics you alleged I've engaged in? If you can - provide the details.
    Kenneth C. Wilson

2nd of Dec, 2012

I'll save my comments for the upcoming website. In the meantime take a gander at the information provided by other posters on this board. There is other information about you on other sites as well. Just do a search.
    If this is really you Mr. Wilson I think it's time you did some soul searching. What good have you ever done in the world? You spent all that money and time to get your law license and you are reduced to harassing poor people into submission with tactics that make other lawyers embarrassed.
    I hope you're proud of yourself as your parents would be ashamed of you.

• Ca
      2nd of Dec, 2012

I don't think the last poster is Kenneth Wilson. A lawyer wouldn't make a post like that. One just has to read the other posts about him to satisfy the question. Can the imposters please leave the forum. This is a serious site.

2nd of Dec, 2012

cato123 - I'm note sure why you question my identity or question that an attorney would author such a post. I am not an imposter and do not believe you have the right to demand that I leave this site. I recognize it is a serious site and I've posted serious comments. If you look at my prior posts to this thread you will see my contact information. Use it to contact me tomorrow when I'm in the office and I'll put your scepticism to rest.

• Sp
      9th of Jan, 2013

I am having an ongoing issue with Kenneth Wilson and his employees. Trickery! Trickery! Trickery! But I know my rights. I also know his responsibilities. I plan to file a complaint against Mr. Wilson with the Board of Bar Overseers and another one for Unfair and Deceptive Practices. I will update the forum as things progress.

17th of Jan, 2013

Lustig Glaser & Wilson will use every underhanded method to try to get you to pay. I am in the process of filing a bankruptcy in AZ, I notified LG&W as soon as I filed the retainer with my bankruptcy lawyer and that I would be discontinuing payments as the debt was being included in my bankruptcy, my lawyers office also sent a notice of representation to LG&W. The "collections specialist" (she indicated her name was Ms. Rameriez) at LG&W that I spoke to said she was noting my account and that they would notify the proper channels to stop collections on my account and refer all calls and mail to my lawyer. For nearly 3 months I heard nothing, then I get a frantic call from my grandmother (the last address LG&W has for me is my grandmothers address in Massachusetts) that a sheriff came to her house to server me with a warrant for failure to appear in court. I called the sheriff immediately to find out what the situation was, and he informed me that Lustig Glaser & Wilson (documents signed by Kenneth Wilson) had gone to the court and falsely claimed I had defaulted on a payment agreement with no notice of intent. Though the sheriff could not give legal advice, he suggested that I should call my bankruptcy lawyer, which I did. My lawyer confirmed in their records that a certified letter and fax were sent to LG&W 84 days earlier (two days after I called LG&W.) My bankruptcy lawyer has notified the Milford Massachusetts Court of this fraudulent activity by LG&W and had all issue their trickery and lies caused (warrant for non-appearance and default) removed from my case and had it put on file that they are my representation for a bankruptcy and that all communications are to be made to them.

At the time of writing this review, a paralegal at the law group representing me is consulting with the lawyers at the firm about filing a suit against LG&W for these fraudulent activities. Anyone else in AZ who has had problems with Lustig, Glaser & Wilson should contact my lawyer’s office so that they have a much bigger picture of how unscrupulous LG&W really are. My lawyer is Oswalt Law Group in Phoenix, AZ

17th of Jan, 2013

Wilson is so sanctimonious on this board but his actions speak louder than his words. I feel for you sir. All the money in the world will not buy Wilson happiness. I saw him recently. He should go to a fat farm. If I were in AZ I would join you in the suit. I will monitor the board here. Keep us updated. You are not alone.

• Gp
      24th of Jan, 2013

If the debt is ligitimate can LG&W file a law suit?
    I am unemployed am over 65 and have no income, I live on SS and barely make ends meet. Can they really take me to court, and what will happen. If was able to pay the debt I would have done so thereby avoiding collection. I am unable to pay what can they do to me?
    Any advice please?

30th of Jan, 2013

They can't take your Social Security. If you have no other income they are out of luck. If you own property that's another matter. They could put a lien on your home for example. Wilson has no conscience. Make sure you show up for all the court dates. They count on people not to show up so they can get judgements. Don't admit to owing anything. There's a post here that tells you how to contest a debt. Make them produce a complete transcript of the account. Wilson tries to tack on interest illegally.

31st of Jan, 2013

G. Powers
    You are judgement proof - i.e. they can will all they want in a court of law but if you don't have anything in your name that they can take ... well then that's all they can take - nothing! If you ever win a lotto or something then they will show up with their judgement at hand to collect.

2nd of Feb, 2013

Can you tell us who you reported them to and what happened? You can send me a pm on this if you wish. If we organize against this man Wilson maybe the regulatory boards can stop him.

2nd of Feb, 2013

The Boston Globe did a detailed Spotlight report on debt collecting scams like Kenneth Wilson is involved in. It's a 5 part series. Do a google search for ..."Boston Globe debtors hell." The series will come up in the search results. Some of the reporters who did the original article are still working for the Globe. Maybe they'll do a follow-up focusing on Kenneth Wilson. The Globe's phone number is 617-929-3000.

• Do
      12th of Apr, 2013

They are a bunch of [censored]es with their ridiculous recording "don't listen if this is not intended for you". They have been calling my house and have the wrong person. It just so hapoens my 16 yr old has the same name as the person they are looking for. Trust he has no debt --he isn't old enough to accrue any. I had to find their phone local number online because their 800 # wasnt working. Maybe they didnt pay their bill. Tell them to go away. oh and btw no one can attach your pay except the IRS and the DOR. 95% of companies do not acknowledge these judgements and don't let their employees pay checks be garnished. I have first hand knowledge!!!

1st of May, 2013

My ex-husband has an issue with LGW. They are now attempting to garnish his wages...they are stating that they are garnishing 85% of his net pay each week! That would leave him with 21.00 a week to live on. He has offered to pay the entire amount and they said they cannot accept it. How can that be? We had this debt while we were married and it used to be under our names jointly...now LWG has come after us separately for the full amount each! So if we didn't talk to each other LGW would get paid twice the amount! They have been after us for 6 years! My ex and I had so many financial issues we could barely feed our kids. We lost our home to forclosure...lost our cars...which caused us to lose jobs... what more does this disgusting collector want? The original company wrote our debt off...shouldnt that be enough? LGW needs to be stopped! If there is any information I can provide to anyone that would help stop them from lying, cheating and stealing from anyone else I will be happy to pass on anything I have.

• Ss
      4th of May, 2013

Maybe we should all call the globe I also have an account with these people we had a set agreement to pay off the balance in 3 timely payments of 210.10 each I mailed the first payment but made the check out in error by 10 cents short well they sent me a letter stating the deals off I did call them fax them but you can't talk or deal with these people the globe should also be looking at any court employee that allows them to practice.If the court is allowing them to garnish wages to the point where your taking home $21 they should be charged with criminal activity

• Ss
      7th of May, 2013

This post may have been a bit to hasty that same day in the mail I received an apology from a lawyer with this firm along with a structured payment plan of 60% of the balance owed

10th of May, 2013

Don't let debt collectors intimidate you. They talk legal threats to get you scared and pay up. First you should find out if the SOL has expired for your state. They buy old debts for cents on the dollar and phish for who can pay what. Without documentation they cannot prove you owe the debt so they really can't collect and the courts & federal & state laws are on your side, even if you owe. But if you don't know this and get intimidated then they get you to fork over $$$ to them. Post all your debt questions at debtorboards.com on how to deal and win against these scammers.

• Tr
      28th of Oct, 2013

So Kenny, Answer me this, when you sued me on behalf of a certain bank from a certain mid western state, did you actually represent them or did you just buy the debt to come after me? I'm pretty sure that would mean there was some perjury involved stating your firm represented so and so and that your office was really just representing itself. I already know the answer to the question and I'm going to find a way to prove it. Have a nice day. And to everyone else, good luck. Take notes. I offered this guy a lot of money to settle and they told me no.

• Aa
      14th of Nov, 2013

Has anyone in Massachusetts thought of contacting the Attorney General's Office to file a complaint against the Law Firm of Lustig, Glaser & Wilson? I did! Afterall, it was the Massachusetts Attorney General's office who published a new consumer debt collection practice regulations, deeming violations as stated in the publication to be an unfair trade practices. Look it up online under "Massachusetts First State to Require Creditors to Validate Consumer Debts." The rules are extraordinary in that, among other things, they impose validation and verification requirements on creditors collecting their own debts, rather than JUST on theird party debt collectors or purchasers of defaulted debt as under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices ACT (FDCPA). READ IT!

20th of Nov, 2013

Mr. Wilson, you will be receiving an email from me tomorrow. I have sent a number of emails to your office already trying to get in writing exactly what I paid $2300 to settle for. Of course I have received no response from anyone in your office. Why is it no one from your office will give me that information I request? For all I know, your company is a scam and have scammed me out of more than $2000. I have every right to know what debt I was paying off but no one from your office can tell me. If after I send you a personal email I receive no response, then I too will get legal counsel to get my $2300 back. At least have the decency to respond.

21st of Nov, 2013

Mr. Wilson, I want to thank you for getting back to me so quickly and sending me the confirmation I was looking for. I do appreciate it.

23rd of Nov, 2013

I agree with JJ341 this lustig, glaser Wilson p.c Kenneth c. Wilson join with Citibank are a mafia. around 04-12-2013 I did read a very interesting article in the telegram & cassette in Worcester mass been a victim of fraud by this parties by using other person debts to them which when I read this article I search more about this dishonest personality which business should be close down and put everyone in jail. And also to investigate more closely how the Attorney General protect this victims .

23rd of Nov, 2013

Mr. Governor of Massachusetts it is time to protect the people from those dishonest collection lawyers that they use their power to destroy the American dram in this country and anywhere in the world please under the law, the true and the honestly that this country represent please apply justice. Help all the victims from this parties. Not matter who it is how much money has but matter the honest that help the honest American an hard working to produce in this country not to destroyed .

17th of Feb, 2014

I have a court date coming up with them. The employees have used scare ractics with
    me and I was on a Payment plan and missed two months. I was told it was ok and to just make it up in two months. (October 2013). I then get a letter the first week in October that I had to go to court. I went and explained to their representative that I was out of work due to a bad car accident and laid off shortly after so my finances had fallen behind.
    She said let's meet again in March to see how things stand then.
    I got 5 letters of a summons to go to court and now requesting the judge to garnish my wages.
    I am distraught and frightened by them.

• So
      22nd of Feb, 2014

I am relieved that I could find people who had similar problem like I have with these sharks (LGW). They were able to get a judgement against me in 2008 according to them, which I was unaware of and this week I got six letters from them requesting an hearing to garnish my wages. I am in the process of getting a lawyer to represent me because I will prefer to pay a decent lawyer rather than pay these group of blood suckers who prey on innocent people. They have no conscience and the staff in that office are so uncultured and rude. It is a shame that people like these are being allowed to practise.

• Ta
      26th of Feb, 2014

When dealing with a debt collection law firm that represents debt buyers, it is always best to have an attorney on your side as well. If you review LGWs website, they have several attorneys working for them. Why not have your own? One tactic that you can all use is filing Motion to transfer to the Civil Docket, when you receive a Small Claims notice. You could then complete discovery and find all of the holes in their case and most likely have a claim under the FDCPA or Massachusetts' 93A. I was just in Peabody District Court and heard 100s of cases entered as defaults because people failed to appear. Always appear. The courts would be forced to take action because they could not keep up with the case volume. On average 90% of people never show up. If you are afraid hire an attorney.

• Mr
      18th of Dec, 2014

My Experience with Lustig, Glaser & Wilson, P.C. I had three account that ended in collection with Lustig, Glaser & Wilson, P.C., when I tried working with the reps in getting the creditors to update reporting to the credit agencies. They had no knowledge in resolving the process, but I was able to contact Kenneth C. Wilson, Managing Attorney at Lustig, Glaser & Wilson, P.C. and he personally jumped in and wrote letters to the creditor and got the creditors to expedite the update of the settlements.

Even when the creditors failed to follow through, Ken assisted me the second time to make sure that the creditors met their obligations. Mr. Wilson made himself available to assist me even with the creditors did not understand the big picture.

22nd of Jan, 2015

I received a summons at my home. I contacted the Law firm. They read me what I actually spent. I never had this credit card however, they are telling me places that I actually go to. I agreed to pay however I wanted to see the actual receipts with my signature on them. They stated they would send it to me. I received in the mail today another letter giving me a feed back website. I am afraid to go on anything regarding these people. I truly never owned this credit card but I also don't want to go to court. I am from Rhode Island and have never had an issue like this before. What should I do?? Need some help??

• Td
      9th of Mar, 2015

I have also been dealing with Lustig, Glaser, wilson. All I can say is you parents must have
    been really disappointed at the way there kids turned out. My nightmare started a number
    of years back with a dept of $5200.00. I made monthly payment to pay off my dept over four years. I never missed one payment and have all the canceled check. Then at the end of the fourth year right before Christmas I made a final payment in court that was documented by the court for the remainder of $1100.00. Never thought they would (wink, wink) lose or not deposit the check.yes shame on me for not checking to see if a professional law firm had cashed the check. So anyways, three years later I get a summons to pay $5200.00 again for intrust because they never cash my check.