Lucille Roberts / fraud and scam

I have tried to cancel my membership over the last two months. I have sent in the right documents and they still have not cancel my membership. I am pissed off and if I was you I would not join any of their gyms because it is a rip off. I am thinking of taking them to small claims court to get my money back. They are full of b--- sh--. Thank you a pissed off customer. They are a rip off company go to another gym I would not waste my time or money with them. Go to Curves...

Va

Comments

Mi
  31st of Oct, 2008

I am having the same problem. I am waiting for somebody to talk on the phone for one hour. They don't care more to charge. Their facilities are crowded, it is a horrible business. Please help! Should I dispute the charge with the credit card? Now, they changed the policy, they need two types of documents, I sent only one, how am i going to get rid of this. I don't want to cancel the credit card.
Please do not sign up with them, it is not what you want. They have maintenance charges which are much higher then the adds. Everything about this is a lie!

Mi
  31st of Oct, 2008

How can I contact them? After 1 PM, the phone has a busy signal...in New York, USA!!!
Let's do a complaint signed by all of us to the Commissioner Affair in NY?
She died in 2003, any idea who the owners are now?

Ih
  31st of Oct, 2008

I had a membership with them in Burlington New Jersey before the gym was finished. They had told me that there was to be a employee to watch children while the mothers exercised. Took almost 1 year to get that employee. And that they would contact us so the customers would know how to properly use the equipment. Never got a call or a letter. They are eager to accept your money but they do not want to help there customers. I had to close out my bank account I tried to freeze my membership but even when the representative told me that she froze the account then she told me that the payments would be still coming out of my account. I asked if I could cancell my membership she told me it would cost $500.00 to cancel it.

Va
  7th of Nov, 2008
Lucille Roberts - No respect and no freedom
Lucille Roberts

1. do u consider customer? do u respect customer's habit?

2. do u have mutual understanding?

3. were u be honest in telling me so many rules when i signed the agreement?

It really took me a lot of courage to go to the gym just several blocks from our apt where i haven't been there for

months. exercising there is really a physical and a pychological chanllege for me.

i had argued with the staff there for so many times that i cannot remember. going there is really an unpleasant thing

for me. admittedly, they have their reason. i am a female who is busy and what i am thinking is that we go to gym for

the purpose of exercising and making us healthy. so i can exercise with shirts, skirts. But their idea is quite

different from mine: they need everyone to be the same. U should be dressed in T- shirts.

After arguing with them so many time, i really feel tired and today i changed my clothers into what i think i can

exercise. i really exercise happily first until the staff named Darine came. She asked me to change into T-shirt. I

agreed, since i really cannot do anything but accept. Since it is cold, i left my shirt inside the T-shirt. But she

came again, asked to change. The result, as u know.

Everyone must be respected, especially the customers. I, as a customer, understand the gym's rule and changed my

clothes. But they just want whatever they want, they need u to become their slave. Whatever they want, u should do

that, even just a very minor thing that they are dissatisfied. I am a foreigner and my english is not good. I am not

able to argue with them . I called customer service for so many times and no reply to me.

Of course, who will give out their money?

I still remember staff and people there's look. I won't go there any further. Being laughed is not a good thing.I

would rather go to riverside and run there outside. At least, there are no laugh and at least, i can exercise with

freedom and without people's strange look.

La
  26th of Dec, 2008
Lucille Roberts - Im a Fan
lucille roberts
bronx
New York

i thank everyday that have found a place where i can find help to reach my goal of weightloss. at lucille roberts, the service its great, the classes are awsome, the location its clean, the only thing its that they open too late. but its ok i still manage around my schedule to make it to the gym. evendough the morning schedule doesn't aggree with mine's i still dont complain because i make it my business to accomplish my goals. they help me with what they can(which is enough) the rest its on me. what i love the most its the price, it cant be beat!!! Thank you Lucille Roberts

Ca
  28th of Jan, 2009

The New York City Dept. of Consumer Affairs is already aware of their shady practices in the past. They should be shut down for their dishonesty and complete lack of concern. Please contact the Dept of Consumer Affairs again - that is the only way they pay attention!

Ca
  28th of Jan, 2009

This sounds like a schill to me. You sound 'fake' and probably work for this horrible company.

Cu
  17th of Feb, 2010

I enjoyed attending while on vacation from work and went 3 or more days per week. I eventually fell off from either being to tired to go or having some other appointment. I mostly did arobics to lose weight and relieve stress and health issues as I am a type 2 diabetic. After I stopped attending I was hoping that someone contact me to encourage to continue. they dispose of your weight in record that registered in on. I was losing large amounts of money each time. Sometimes we get caught up in depression and just plain old tiredness and need someone to give ua a push or pull. Lucille Roberts does not do that. As women we sometimes need help. I plan to join again only paying with a no contract.

Le
  28th of Dec, 2010

ummmm did u know u can cancel online...my cousin did it and it was easy for her ...i mean i dont know your exact situation but i was there when she canceled so...i guess i can give an opinion of some sort

8th of Apr, 2011
Lucille Roberts - Terrible Customer Service
Lucille Roberts

I have been trying to contact Lucille robers for a motnh now and are not able to speak to anyone. my contract with them ended on 2/22/2011, and they are still deducting monoes from my account. i was not informed that i would need to go on line to request that they stop taking monies out of my account. now i am stuck since there is not one to contact about this. this is stealing. I used the gym twice in one year, also i pay for personal training classes and only received 4 since the trainer quit.

Te
  11th of May, 2011
Lucille Roberts - Beware
Lucille Roberts

When you walk in the reps are quick to sign u up for contracts but fail to explain that they auto-renew after the contract period. I ended up payng for 8 months after my contract ended. READ the contract before signing cos they never explain the fine details. And customer service is really bad they will never refund even to save their reputation.

Also the gyms suck.. have to reserve treadmills and classes have bad instructors. Showers are smelly and facilities are poor. Do not fall for it being cheap.. might as well spend a little more and go to a high class gym.

Lu
  7th of Dec, 2012
Lucille Roberts Jersey City - Stay away from this Gym
Lucille Roberts Jersey City
Jersey City
New Jersey

This gym is not so bad. They have classes like zumba, remix etc. The membership is cheap, so the club is very crowded. There is is hardly any place to stand in the classes area. Their carperts are dirty and smelly, and the staff keeps spraying air freshners while the class is on. It is disgusting and they do it everyday. If you want to clean and spray it, do it before the class begins. It is highly unprofessional to do it in front of all the members, so as to put the blame on the members to show that its not the carpet but members are stinking!!! The staff is also very rude. If it was not for the instructors, the gym would have closed down long back. Not worth it!! Dont waste your money here!

Re
  10th of Oct, 2015

they keep charging you even if you cancelled your membership alas if you want to cancel it soon they charge you 15$ more