LTD Commodities / do not shop at ltd commodities

I placed my order on August 31st. I quickly learned that LTD Commodities does not give you a complete total price until after they ship out your orders. The reason for this is because they don't have set shipping costs. They could send out your item(s) in one box or in one box per item and charge you shipping for each item. This is a huge inconvenience for anyone who likes to keep a balanced checkbook.

Secondly, I was told upon contact customer service over my shipping cost complaint that I could not cancel my order until 2 business days after placing my order. This was to give them time to have it register in their computer.

Now, seven business days later (and 11 typical days), I call to find out why my item still hasn't shipped. Customer service, which is as bland and lacking of personality and professionalism as humanly possible, tells me that my order is set to be shipped out some time next week and that I am to give them ANOTHER 10-14 business days after they mail out my order to ensure that I receive it. This is contrary to what their website states, which is that the entire process from placing the order to receiving your items will not exceed 14 business days. This is apparently a lie - or something their customer service reps are not aware of.

I ask to cancel my order and admit that I'm getting impatient. She tells me that I can't cancel my order; if the item(s) were back ordered, then I could cancel without a problem, but since they are in stock, I have to wait until the items are sent to me, I am charged for them and then I have to send them back for my refund. She says I could refuse delivery and then just wait for them to issue my refund. I wonder how long that would take!

All in all, I am extremely upset and frustrated by the lack of professionalism and customer friendly use this company displays. I should feel that ordering from them is a breeze - or at least something I want to do again. I will never again order from this company - which has magazines for both home and business use with many of the same items - again. I don't feel appreciated or valued and my hard earned money could be spent elsewhere.

DO NOT SHOP AT LTD COMMODITIES!

Va

Comments

• Pa
      17th of Jan, 2008

LTD is also known for billing you twice even if all items have been sent back .ABC does the same thing

• Li
      4th of Aug, 2008

I had not problem with the service. However, many of the items I ordered were on back order and took a long time to arrive.

• Kc
      17th of Aug, 2008

I have order item from ltd I got credit for my 1 st orders
    After that I submitted 1 time my cc info on there check online page it was declined thats ok then about 1 month later I recieve a letter from the check collection co automated recovery solutions saying I submitted several checks I did not I wrote them a letter stating so I believe they used the 1st info on my to try and get other amt paid do not use check online with them
    They will keep charging for all future orders

19th of Nov, 2008
    LTD Commodities - Multiple shipping

I really would appreciate it if the order I place would all come in the same box! Yesterday I received a large box and it had a very small box of earrings in it The shipping was more than the item! Two hrs later another box came with two more items.This is not a good business practice

• Je
      29th of Nov, 2008

I placed an on order on nov. 15, 2008 I received 1 item on the 29th. the item may weigh 3 ounces., they charged me almost as much the item cost to ship to me. the other item
    Has been on back order, so I guess they will charge me a
    Ridiculous shipping charges for the the next item, if it ever comes.

• Gi
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Due to how the economy is at now, everyone
    is trying to save money. When the LTD Commodities
    Catalog arrived at my house and I looked at all the items and they were in my price range on gifts for the family, friends and co-workers. So I decided to
    placed an order. I placed my order early on 10/24/08 thinking it was enough time to have my order in time
    for Christmas. Well its 12/02/08 and none of my items have arrived yet !!! I e-mail there Customer Service and they replied that please check the online tracking shipment. My items were all shipped, but there was no tracking shipment number. So I called on 12/02/08 and spoke to a Customer Service Department and wanted to know what the status of my order. She said it was in transit and will be mailed to me by the end of December !! She also said for Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii it takes longer, because they are shipped by boat !! Now at the time of placing my order or the catalog instructions it did not specify that it was going to take extra time for shipping to these places. Its going to be about 2 months for the order to arrive. She also said I was unable to cancel my order, because its already in transit !! I order to cancel my order I need to receive the product and then fill out a LTD Return form and explain why
    it is being returned !! Shouldn't they know why its
    being returned - the service sucks and is so unreliable !!!

4th of Dec, 2008

Dear Ginger,
    I would like to look into your situation that you described. Please email me at your earliest convenience at helpline@ltdcommodities.com with your account information. I look forward to working with you.

Karen

4th of Dec, 2008

Dear Mary,

As a representative of LTD Commodities, I apologize for how you received your shipment. Please email me at your earliest convenience at Helpline@ltdcommodities.com, with your account information, so I can look into this situation. I look forward to working with you.
    Karen

• Ka
      5th of Jan, 2009
    LTD Commodities - Unauthorized billing
    ltdcommodities.com

I ordered from this company and they pulled out money they needed to take in order to cover my purchase. i have now recently found out they are pulling more money out for no reason. I have called them about this matter and they will not help me, they hang up the phone and say its not their problem to fix. Beware they pulled out over 600.00 dollars more than they should have and will not speak to me.

6th of Jan, 2009

Dear Kathy,

I apologize for the service you received in trying to resolve an obvious error on our part. Please provide me with your account number so that I can quickly look into this situation.

Email me at helpline@ltdcommodities.com with your account information so that I may move forward in finding a resolution to this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Melissa Martinez

1st of Jun, 2009

Hi Unsatisfied Customer!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on LTD's shipping policies.

At LTD Commodities, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you’ll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you want to learn more about these great changes please visit us at www.ltdcommodities.com
    or let me know how I can answer any questions by emailing me at helpline@ltdcommodities.com

Melissa M
    Account Specialist

• Fa
      16th of Sep, 2009

Something is very wrong over there. No one picks ups the phone, no matter where you call.

23rd of Sep, 2009

Dear FanK56,

I am truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have experienced in trying to get in contact with our company. LTD Commodities is concerned when a valued customer tells us that some aspect of our service has been unacceptable, as we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction and regret to have disappointed you.

I would really like to help you with any questions or concerns you have. Please email me your account information directly to helpline@ltdcommodities.com, and I will be more than happy to assist.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Melissa Martinez

13th of Jan, 2010

I am not impressed with the charging process either. I ordered on Sunday, Jan. 10th 2010 and was charged 64.65 to my debit card then was charged another 30 + dollars and was told that I would be charged again when the rest of my order was processed. So I end up paying double then the 64.65 will be credited back to my account after the full price was charged. Very confused by this as of right now and hope that all I end up paying is the 64.65 I was qouted on my original purchase date.

• La
      5th of Mar, 2015

I purchased a birthday gift for my nephews 1st birthday.. When it finally came, the toy didnt work at all. we changed batteries with hopes that was the problem. It wasnt. It was the tech too phone and talk about embarassment when the little fella opened his present to find it didnt work, and this being in front of all the guests at his party. The cost to return it is more than the thing is worth so its a toss in the garbage and a note to self to never order anything for a gift again from LLC. I will be sure to let everyone I know who purchases from LLC of this as well as friends on social media. It was an embarassment you just cant imagine.

• Di
      16th of Mar, 2015

I had enough of bad experience from LTD Commodities. I don't know why I kept going back. But never again!! I left a negative feedback for their Wall Sconce that I purchased (totally bent, paint misirable, box was destroyed and wet), they removed it! So for those who are thinking of purchasing from them, think twice. I have a horrible feeling their feedback system is rigged.

• Mr
      13th of Jul, 2016
    LTD Commodities - Do not buy from them
    LTD Commodities

Buying from a catalog is difficult because you never know for certain that what you are getting is what you expect, especially when it comes to product color. LTD Commodities will not let you exchange when there are color differences, and even makes you pay the shipping charges to return the item! The outrageous charge I already paid for shipping should be enough. If you want to switch to a different color, you have to return it, request a refund, and place another order, which will include even more shipping charges! Do not buy from here, save yourself the headache.

13th of Jul, 2016

Hi Mr K,

I’m sorry that the color of your item did not meet your expectations.

All of our products come with a 100% Satisfaction guarantee. Products can always be returned to us for a replacement.

In addition, we would never want a customer to pay twice for shipping an item back for replacement. I would like the opportunity to make this situation right for you. Please contact me at helpline@ltdcommodities.com with your account information. I will respond to you immediately to make sure we come to a satisfactory resolution.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,

Melanie Pyott

• Th
      21st of Jun, 2018

I ordered 2 carpet runners for my hallway from lTD, the ad saying indoor/outdoor use. When they arrived, the box was crushed, open and had 2 plastic straps holding it together. The rugs were good in color but very thin, no backing and wouldn't lay flat. Since the return shipping was insane, I steamed them, put heavy cans on the edges and tried to flatten them. When I removed the cans and stepped on them, the carpet slid all over the place causing me to hurt my back and hip trying to stay upright. I posted a review to let them know and warn other customers about the danger of tripping/falling and they wouldn't post it as it could cause them to lose business. REALLY?? No apology, nothing. I would think a company would want honest feedback on products so they can serve customers better. All they want is your money. I was told my review would have to be edited and what should be taken out. Well, I didn't edit, I did tell family, friends and coworkers not to ever order from this company and told LTD to remove me from their mailing list and to keep their catalogs and all the JUNK in them.